Customizable clock faces for Charge 3

I don't really like any of the watch face combinations to be honest. I like the Asymmetrical the best but wish the date was in place of the heart rate. Why don't they let us customize what is displayed top to bottom. Let us choose what is displayed with every different clock look. This would be brilliant.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

61 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Good idea!

Or a guide on how to develop/write your own watch face for Versa would be good.

I would like to be able to decide the location and the attributes (fonts, colour, size) for:

day of the week, day, month,

hour, minutes

heart rate/steps/outside temperature

Nice and Simple

Thanks a lot

braceface
Recovery Runner

Great idea!  If we did this the whole thread of people asking for specific combinations would be solved.  DIY!  

Dt45
First Steps

Agreed, customization is a must! 

zanona
First Steps

Can we just have Charge 2 main screen back please?

The current status of these watch faces is really a step backward.

I used to be able to see a lot of info by simply lifting my arm and now there's only steps, which I couldn't care less about, and huge clock taking all the space that could be useful to display other info. (Calories, heart rate, distance, active minutes)

I really thought that by upgrading to Charge 3, I would have an improved device following the same design patterns for the OS and UI since that was so good about it - Hence being the same model (Fitbit Charge).

If we were interested in playing around with watch faces with questionable design, we could just go with Fitbit Versa or any other smart watch, really.

I got very disappointed as I literally just opened the box and was surprised by this.

PradeepVizz
Jogger

I think this is absolutely essential. I come from the Garmin world and I see very limited options and flexibility in Fitbit. I vote this as one as a required one!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I see very limited real estate on the charge 3 for customization o

QuantumBoy
First Steps

This is a great idea and really important. Building a clock face out of simple slots and widgets shouldn't be too difficult to implement, right? A lot of the hard work has been done designing these original faces! 

essloane
Base Runner

I would like the original Analog Stat clock face back with steps at the top, analog clock face in the middle, and heart rate on the bottom. 

Please get get rid of the date on Analog stat and get rid of the clicking through feature or give a new clock face with the old Analog Stat features. Thank you!  

daleylife
Base Runner

I also would like to see this implemented as well.

We can customize the stats the charge 2 displays, why can't we do that on the newer model?

Really hope this gets looked at!

Irysherin
First Steps

How about the option of Military time?

JakeD1987
First Steps

I have the Fitbit charge 3 and I would love to have customized wallpapers for it like you have on the ionic and the blaze and so fourth. The Fitbit charge 3 has a large enough display, that you could implement this easily!! 

BitNick
Jogger

The date is a must, and for me - so is the day of the week.

of course should also have the time... digital or analog, choose.

then should be main tracker - which for me would be steps - for others, choose.

nufanme
First Steps

I purchased my first Fitbit yesterday and I got the Charge 3. I'm impressed with the device so far however the lack of clock face customization is definitely something that stood out straight away. I totally agree with the above suggestion by derekmski101

I'd also like to ask why some clock faces are alot dimmer than others e.g Steps Date vs Analog Date...shouldn't the date and steps be the same brightness on both displays? I love the analog face but it's just not bright enough, even if you set the devices brightness to maximum

JonWan
First Steps

Customizable clock face, with up to 4-5 different categories, is a no brainer.  This is "5 years ago" creature feature stuff.  Fitbit needs to make this happen.  Lets go guys!

Cupentine
Jogger

I really just want to see the date with day or the week, steps and time on one face. I have tattoos so I can't even use the HR feature so I am a customer who would appreciate the option to chose what stats I see... Kinda like setting up the shortcut keys on a home screen of a cell phone . Additionally since I use my second hand to read patient vital signs would be nice if the face didn't time out at 4 Seconds . Otherwise I'm really happy with my C3! 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @derekmski101 and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It wouldn't be too hard to allow us to pick what we want to see in a clock face on a web application, define the size and alignment of the elements (date - and date format -, weekday, etc) and add the clock face to our account. Alternatively, it could be possible to add it to a public, shared library from where we could select the clock face to be added to our account.
From that point, I'd like to get on the app, see the standard clock faces and the added ones and then I would choose any clock face from the list.
It wouldn't require any app change, afaik (as long as you are sending the credentials when you request the list of clock faces from your endpoint). It's just a simple web application.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello . My suggestion is that you should develop a clock face for the Versa where you can choose your backround color / text color / one that doesn’t eat up the battery. The features would have . Heart rate / steps/ Us clock/ battery life /  

it should be free from Fitbit . 

TedL
Base Runner

Extracting a suggestion embedded in several comments to make it stand out.  I suggest something like the following capability for a configurable clock face.  First, pick how many lines, and what font type and size for each (among a set of possibilities).  Then pick what piece of information (date, time, day of week, etc.— with several possible formats for each, perhaps like what excel/libreoffice does for a number/date format) or stat is to go on each line; more than one stat/info could be on a line if they are short enough.  Subsequent faces (swipe or tap) could also be configured for the remaining stats.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TedL, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote. I also noted that you mentioned more ideas. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here is the link for other existing feature suggestions:

Increase Font Size for Charge 3

Rearrange/Customize Charge 3 Apps/Stats View

e94904
Recovery Runner

I used to own a pebble and the nice thing was there would be lots of useful information onscreen. Now it just shows the time and date but that randomly cycles for no reason. I'd appreciate it if it came with time, full date, heart rate, and weather information. Even better, full customization on what you want and where you want it on the watch face. Some people may not want just those so like an Apple watch and pebble, you can configure the corners to whatever metric or piece of information you want. Apple called it complications I think. My pebble did that and that's a great feature I really want on my charge 3. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @e94904, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Dadazoid
Jogger

It's either too much or not enough on the clock face. There needs to be a way to create your own custom clock face.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dadazoid, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I suggest that fitbit creates a watch face that contains only HR stat, date and hour, like the one in the picture, there is no a single watch face like that, all you have to either tap or there is no watchface. 

20190623_195128.jpg

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.