Cyrillic Characters for old Fitbit Trackers

Dear Fitbit,

I have Fitbit Surge and the option for notification works pretty poor as the messages in Cyryllic are not shown as they should be, they are show in squares.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

453 Comments
AndreevCZ
First Steps

Dears,

I am owner of Fitbit Charge with firmware 80 from Czech republic. I am using feature "Call notication" with iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1, Czech language). When somebody from my address book calls, Fitbit will show his name. But when the name of the caller contains international characters, the name does not show such characters. It simply shows spaces.

So please add support for international characters and also for additional languages.

Moderator Edit: Labels.

Lastick
First Steps
Would be really nice not sure only see the ring icon, but to read the names during incoming calls, like it does in English. I have a lot of contacts in Russian/Ukranian, looking forward for the implementation.
JoshuaCarmody
First Steps

I love my Fitbit Surge and I love the text message notification feature. It seems that in the current software version though that Japanese characters are not displayed. When a Japanese friend sends me a text message, I get a notification on my Surge with their phone number, but the text of the message is not displayed at all. It would be great if Asian and other non-English unicode characters were supported by the device (admittedly, this might require a larger font on the device to allow enough detail in the characters).

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

zesaver
First Steps

And the same request for contacts when incoming call for Fitbit Charge.

OPteemist
First Steps

Totally agree that it will be really greate to see the name with Cyrillic charactes.

Torbold
First Steps

Hi there! 

Is there any possibility you add russian language support for mobile apps (at the very least just menu translation)? A lot of Russians/Ukranians choose jawbone up because the app supports russian language.

Regards,

Michael

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Same here in Poland

Oggi2006
First Steps
Need for russian symbols in notifications (calls, sms and other)
NataliKyiv
First Steps

We strongly need Russian language for app!!! Please

NataliKyiv
First Steps
Or Ukrainian
scrp
First Steps

It is the same in Romania. "Ștefan" will read "Tefan".

Please fix.

Nobleman
First Steps

Unfortunately there is no support for greek alphabet; therefore I see nothing when ringing or receiving SMS...is there any idea for updating?

GeoKVANt
Jogger

will be great to get notification on my CHR in russian regarding incoming call - all my contacts are cyrillic

SPwork
Keeping Pace

Chinese support needed!

jjuu
First Steps

Dear FitBit team!

I have a great idea: can you make add a Russian food library, so your users can add food there by barcode scan?
I and my husband had all popular trackers, but you are the most non-broken thing. I had 5 jawbons up, for example, and all of them are breaking time to time. So I kinda tired of it and want to use FitBit as a primary.
But the main subject of my email: we want to use Fitbit as primary tracker, but the food database stops me. I added some food on Cyrillic letter, and it's working. But not work with barcode.
I have an UK database now, and my country in settings is USA (because there is no Russia in the country list also), but this isn't true 😉

Some statistic: in 2013, when I got my first jawbone, the food library in Russian was empty, but in a year there was a lot of everything, people added all the stuff. Now they even have the restaurant menus!

A lot of russian people use your tracker, because a lot us shop online in USA/UK stores, and it's always cheaper to buy in USA plus to pay for a delivery, than to buy the same thing here. I bought your Aria so, it was cheaper for 50% than in russian store.

So guys, help us not to be fat! Smiley LOL

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Возможно, но не думаю что FitBit пользуется много Россиян.

jjuu
First Steps

Я почти уверена, что разработчику создать пустую библиотеку еды с названием Russia это дело 5-10 минут. Другое дело прикрутить к нему разпознавание по бар-коду, там надо будет переписывать некоторые вещи для распознания нашей кириллицы. Но в том-то и дело, что без него можно прожить.

FitBit дешевле Jawbone и он не ломается. С библиотекой еды (или пусть привяжут к MyFithesspal хотя бы) это будет 95% замена Jawbone. Лично у моих знакомых, кто пользуется фитнес-треккерами одни вопрос всегда - а как ввести еду?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Я согласен с Вами насчет этой функции, возможно будет полезной, но так как не пользуюсь этой функцией, то не могу ничего сказать.

p.s рад здесь видеть русско говорящих 🙂

User_717
First Steps

Включие поддержку русского языка!

Продажи увеличатся Smiley Wink

k08a
First Steps

привязать распознование штрих-кодов не такая большая проблема ибо это просто очередная база данных. Это шикарно работает у MyFithesspal, думаю просто команде FitBit нет необходимости заниматься русской локализацией и по этому все русские просто будут пользоваться MyFithesspal или другими трекерами

dkomis
First Steps

Please add unicode Support in FitBit
(Greek needed)

Daitch
First Steps

Support! Whole my contacts in address book in my phone is 50 / 50 Latin and Cyrillic. I wish to see a name on my screen who is actually calling. 

Beatboy
First Steps

Thank You for a great product! 

Please, add Russian DB! ) 

we all waitng for this!  😉 

Thnx!

fluorideion
First Steps

Yep.. unicode please. Korean is not supported at this time.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

It looks like many other users are also looking forward to this idea @NataliKyiv. Thank you very much for your contribution! I will definitely send your request to our developers so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.