Daily Goal Sudden Death Challenge

Let's get serious on the daily challenge !

Here the game, I challenge my friends with the Daily Goal Sudden Death Challenge.

At the end of day, all the players who meet the Daily Goal stay in the game. The others are kick out (but can still view the progress).

The challenge continue day by day until only one participant stay in the game or no participants succeed the daily goal.

At the end we can see the ranking of all players of the challenge. \o/

Some optional options and details:

• The creator of the game can choose between participants step goal or specific step goal
  • If at the end all the day all participants succeed in their daily goal, the daily goal get automatically more difficult.
  • People who failed the daily goal the same day can be ranked by % accomplished
  • All challengers have to be 'in' since the first day
  • Classement display
    • %of avancement of the day for the players still in game
    • day complete (score) for the players out

If you like the idea, vote for it !

Thank you 🙂

57 Comments
gravityhomer
First Steps

This is a lot to ask, but it would be awesome if there was some sort of phone game or tablet game that went along with fitbit and the currency in this game was steps. And with more steps you gain more money or gems or gold that you can buy things in the game or build an army or anything, could be wide open. Perhaps partnering with a game company would be cool. Just throwing this out there. 

People could play the game, on a treadmill. 

Cassian
Runner

This would be SO MUCH FUN! 😄 Do it do it!

zanzix
Runner

Nike has challenges for thier fitness products like you suggested. 

StephanieFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Voted! 😄

Matthew_Fagan
First Steps

Hello there! I came across this game GOGOYU and went to the website http://www.gogoyu.ca/ but it says "Please come back later". Will Fitbit develop something like that game for PC use in the near future? Or is there still something like that on the market/web for Fitbit users? I think it will be a really fun and entertaining way to stay motivated and learn some fun facts. And it would also be great if it was available online for a PC. I don't have an iPhone or Android. Thanx 🙂

bozzmp3
Jogger

It's not asking a lot! For their profit margin on these devices, c'monnn...

KC1990
Jogger

I had this idea that I think would be pretty cool. I know it would help motivate me to do more because I am pretty competitive. I am also someone who likes to have a workout partner and finding someone to always match my schedule is hard.

If there was a fitbit app that you could be matched up with either friends or random opponents that you could compete with for the day. You could battle against this person to match or exceed the goal set for both of you. You would have to be matched to someone that has close to the same fitness goals that you have. If you like to compete with the person you were paired with again you should be able to rematch them.

It would be nice if there was some kind of reward system that you could collect points and use them to spend on items on the fitbit website or to redeem for gift cards or something.

I think this would be so cool to see! What do you think?

ploquit
First Steps
I'd play that game!
tristynator
Jogger
I think it would be an amazing idea to create an integrated gaming application to help users get more motivated. It doesn't have to be free, I would pay for it if there was one. There is a game called zombies run, which is great. A game could sync with your step count like another chase game with a story line. It's just an idea... contact me if you want some integration ideas. I have plenty. 🙂
Matthew_JMF
First Steps

Would be awesome if it was available online too for PC. There was a game they used for a study in Canada, if you youtube Gogoyu, a video of it pops up. Would really be awesome to get something like that going again!

Cheryllion
First Steps
I want more fun, even funny themed challenges. Like escaping from zombies where your slower opponents get eaten. LOL! With messages like "Cheryl just avoided being bitten by the pizza-deliveryman zombie and his attention is now on Dave!" 😄 "Cheryl just beat her goal! Thank goodness, because executive-zombie is crushing his goal, too, and he looks hungry!" "Cheryl is moving, but needs to pick up the pace because the moans behind her at getting louder! 'Braiiiinnnnns!'" 😉 Then we can work on a Hunger Games theme and a Weekend Jedi Training theme 😄
Keylid
Jogger

Hi,

It would be great if you could design some sort of game, either as part of the fitbit app or as a separate app that connects into the fitibit API. The game would give you more <something> for steps that you take. Essentially, game function would largely depend on getting your steps in -- don't get enough steps to maintain what you've done then your score starts to drop/world starts to crumble/whatever.

Obviously it should be more than just a score that you get based no steps, but something that you actually get to DO with your step-points. Some sort of competitive/social component would be great.

I can't help but think of farmville, but I've never played that and never wanted to. I don't want a farm. But I want something to spend my steps on.

tschaef87
First Steps

Can Fitbit add a new game called Survival?  The game is based on the idea of hitting the 10k step mark (streak) everyday...each day someone doesn't hit the mark they are knocked out until the last person remains!  Make it happen!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Ddev3
First Steps
Love the idea tschaef! They need some new challenges that will help get some of my friends stepping more often! They need competition bc they getting lazy! Let's make this happen Fitbit!
biggermann
Base Runner
Totally agree on adding new games... Also would be good if they change the number of challenges you can participate in... I have many opportunities for challenges that I am unable to compete in, because I have reached the limit of challenges
biggermann
Base Runner
Add games
Robinduck
Recovery Runner
Ageed, need additional challenges.
mattbaer
Keeping Pace

Tschaef sounds like that could be an intersting game.

JessicaJM
Recovery Runner

Yes!! One of our engineers here at Fitbit had a zombie-themed game for Halloween that was really fun, very similar to this idea. I would love a game that utilizes the data from my Fitbit to have another visual to encourage competition. I'm aware of other games that utilize Fitbit's API in a game format, but don't believe it's been widely released 😞

tschaef87
First Steps

Let's make it happen Fitbit! The world is ready!

MartyJWard_1976
Recovery Runner
Great idea
biggermann
Base Runner
When is the game going to happen
Staipe28
First Steps
I agree as well, the idea is a good one for sure. If this challenge is applied, please give everyone the option to select what the daily step goal is. With all do respect to everyone, 10,000 steps is a low number. I average between 20,000-25,000 every day so that 10,000 would have to be able to be adjusted in order for everyone to utilize the challenge. Great idea though.
Lorianne62
First Steps

I love this idea!!!

tschaef87
First Steps

Make it happen Fitbit! I'm ready to get my royalty check and retire!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.