Daily Goal Sudden Death Challenge

Let's get serious on the daily challenge !

Here the game, I challenge my friends with the Daily Goal Sudden Death Challenge.

At the end of day, all the players who meet the Daily Goal stay in the game. The others are kick out (but can still view the progress).

The challenge continue day by day until only one participant stay in the game or no participants succeed the daily goal.

At the end we can see the ranking of all players of the challenge. \o/

Some optional options and details:

• The creator of the game can choose between participants step goal or specific step goal
  • If at the end all the day all participants succeed in their daily goal, the daily goal get automatically more difficult.
  • People who failed the daily goal the same day can be ranked by % accomplished
  • All challengers have to be 'in' since the first day
  • Classement display
    • %of avancement of the day for the players still in game
    • day complete (score) for the players out

If you like the idea, vote for it !

Thank you 🙂

57 Comments
TammyHintz
Stepping Up
Have more fun goals and cartoon games to make it fun for us...a survival I don't see that will go the best because of other people in better shape will make the average person give up!
mattbaer
Keeping Pace
If it is done right. Like if you can pick who can join your game. So like
your friends on fitbit or a range of people who fit what you select. So if
your average steps are 7k a day you would select a range of 5 to 10 k
average steps a day. That way it would kept it a little far. And a person
that is only getting 5 to 10 isn't going to give up if competing with
people who are averaging 20 to 30k steps a day.
Welch
Jogger

@tschaef87 royalties for this idea? lol I think you waived that ability by submitting your idea based on the feedback agreement you agreed to in order to post.

Despite, no royalties, I do wish for FitBit to get some new different games/challenges out there. The same 2/3 is getting boring.

The real problem is, how to you stop people from cheating to win at these games/challenges.

biggermann
Base Runner
Actually they are only cheating themselves, if not actually doing the
work.....
TammyHintz
Stepping Up
They need to listen to me.....that is not what people want....they need games to earn points or cash to keep playing. ..or to earn  credits to go farther in the game....Luke in Facebook games.

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
tschaef87
First Steps

So you want FitBit to pay you cash to walk?  Please get off my post.

SURVIVAL FOR LIFE!

grayward9
First Steps

@Welchhe was kidding guy... learn to take a joke as well as you take steroids

Alex_P
Jogger

Need new challenges!  Love the survival idea!

Tsun4mi7
Jogger

Fantastic idea! I like the idea of extra motivation with rewarding streaks (I'm currently counting it up manually but this is really to challenge myself, gamifying the idea adds a whole new level).

Psienkow
First Steps

Sounds like a great feature...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This sounds like a fun Challenge. I especially like the idea of challenging people to to be consistent with their daily step goal.

Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board.

jimmyjay
Jogger

Definately make this happen guys!!!!

Gamification works, studies show.

Michaels19
Tempo Runner
Also thought of this, and didn't see this one so I posted on it. But it's upsetting, 6 months later, and it's gone no where!! What the heck Fitbit?? Make you app amazing!! You should be miles ahead of competition not just 3 yards!!! COME ON!!!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The survival idea sounds super fun!!! 

TammyHintz
Stepping Up

I guess something is better than nothing!

MyNameIsAlex
First Steps

This is so cool!

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Great idea. This is a game I would participate in for sure.

grace.oneill
Jogger

Love this!

CatInSF
Recovery Runner

I also think it should have an upper limit .. so if someone does 200% or 300% of their goal on day one they are OUT.    I think some people choose low goals, despite a very high step count and others actually have REAL goals.      It would be great if your goal was based on your average step count of the previous week for a challenge like this.

ShelbyT96
First Steps

My competitive friends would definitely enjoy that challenge!!

Baltoscott
10K Racer

Sorry I can't upvote the comments.  I like @CatInSF's amendment to the original idea of having each player's goal in this type of challenge based on that player's prior-week average step count.  

HyperNinjaZX
Base Runner

I would definitely use it!!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Eskignax thanks for sharing this suggestion - it's obviously a popular one with the community! I don't have any updated on challenges at the moment but will let you know when I do. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Lirpa1313
First Steps

I really love this idea!

DaleBee
First Steps

Any chance of setting up a last man standing challenge. Lowest steps of each day is eliminated until there is only one remaining winner?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.