Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

30 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing your idea about having Duo Mobile app available on your Fitbit. I could absolutely see how this could be useful to have authentication available on your wrist.

Let's see what other users have to say.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

At this movement fitbit watches are acting like a monitor just displaying the notification. If fitbit team add this kind of feature then only fitbit can  compete with competitor like apple and Samsung which are able to do all these thing so the user don't have to pickup the phone for this kind of small things. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am looking for this option as well. Duo is used for my organization.

markrash
Jogger

I would love having the option of receiving and responding to Duo push notifications on my Versa! My organization (Univ of TN) and my alma mater (Va Tech) both use Duo for 2-factor. It's one of the few features that makes me a bit envious of my colleague's Apple Watch.  🙂

Klehman
First Steps

Agreed.  Also used at Ohio State

Fishana
First Steps

Yes please. Most higher ed institutions and businesses are increasingly using 2FA to protect computer systems. UDayton among them. And Ohio State alone has about a gazillion employees. 

MikelMartin
First Steps

I agree my organization just started using DUO. I love my fitbit, but this has me rethinking going to apple or Android watch.

SLA71
First Steps

After looking at all of the different smart watches I decided on the Versa 2.  Part of this was understanding that DUO would work with it.  Sadly it doesn't and that is one of the major reasons I wanted a smart watch.

CylonHunter
Jogger

This would be an extremely useful feature!  Allowing passthrough for duo applications, especially Duo specifically would easily put the Versa 2 in top contention with other smart watches!  I work at a company that uses Duo and know several other people that would happily buy the watch if this was a feature. 

PanicAcid
First Steps

+1 This would be greatly appreciated as a feature. My co-workers with Smart Watches as oppose to Fitness Trackers are able to respond to Mobile MFA notifications such as Duo / Google Auth / Authy etc. Having the ability to Accept or Reject a notification via the watch would be very helpful. Especially if I've gone to another desk and left my phone elsewhere. 

jenniferbenner
First Steps

This feature would be awesome! My employer, as well as my grad school (Georgia Tech), both use duo mobile to authenticate logins. The ability to okay sign-on using my Fitbit Versa (and soon-to-be Fitbit Sense) would be great. Please consider this Fitbit!

EliWalker
First Steps

I agree this feature would be amazing.  PLEASE considering adding it ASAP!

jayzonhe3
Jogger

I was able to accept these through normal notifications when I first set up notifications for duo it would send two and you would need to click reply on the second one and it would accept the push but it stopped working. How can I get it to work again it was so helpful. 

tripwalks
Jogger

Dang! That sucks! Jayzonhe3, de this use to world when you paired Fitbit to iPhone or Android ? Also twice called support today about this and they hung up on me? 

annieGetUrRun
First Steps

YES! Please, please make this app before we all have to jump ship to apple watch! :'(

andydanicki
First Steps

I agree, this would be incredibly beneficial!!

JodyHoll
First Steps

We just started using Duo at my employment. Please add the ability to accept/deny for 2FA apps! I am looking at upgrading my fitbit to the latest & greatest (currently have a Blaze). I may have to go with an apple watch (ugh!) just for this reason alone. 

EmV6
Jogger

Yes, please.  I have had a Fitbit for a while now, currently using the Versa 2.  My boss just got an apple watch for Christmas, doesn't know how to work it and has this option.  How are we so far behind?!?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1. 

Defiantly a MUST. My employer uses MFA to authorize EVERYthing. This would be totally awesome not having to worry about where my phone, within FitBit Bluetooth Range, to Accept the DUO request. It would be a killer time saver!

For the competitive aspect, several of my co-workers are in the market for SmartWatches, but are going elsewhere, ie. Apple Watches, due to this lack of compatibility and ease of use. 

KLD4
First Steps

I would also really like a DuoMobile app on Fitibit! I use it every day to log into work and it would be so much more convenient to tap on my wrist instead of having to dig out my phone!

codeaperature
First Steps

I also work at a place where Duo is used. Rather than expose security procedures/precautions by naming the company, I'll just say about 5000 people work there.

rwingslsoccerc
First Steps

I just got a Versa 3. My organization uses Duo also. By enabling Duo notifications in the Fitbit app I can dual authenticate using my Versa. I work in IT.  You can imagine how many times I have to login a day. Better than having to pull out my phone l, unlock and approve.  

Patriiick
Recovery Runner

Hi @rwingslsoccerc did I understand correctly ? Duo working on Versa 3 ? Guess also working on Sense ? I was thinking upgrading to Sense for that particular reason. 

rwingslsoccerc
First Steps
Yes, Duo is successful in authenticating on my Versa 3. On the phone the
accept button has to be tapped twice, but that is consistent with the Duo
app behavior, requiring 2 taps on my Pixel 4a 5g.
cshenberger
Recovery Runner

This used to work with "tap to view actions" being done two times on the fitbit but the newest duo app update seems to have broken it.   

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.