Flex 3 with heart-rate monitor (and no screen)

The Flex 3 should add HR monitoring, while keeping the form factor (including no screen). The Alta's are nice, but too bulky (and can't be used for swimming).

This community discussion sums it up pretty well:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex-2/Request-for-Flex-3/td-p/2937962

104 Comments
Fitsunshinefit
First Steps
100% agreed!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
notaduck
First Steps

wanted to create an account just to show my support for a new screenless option. this is the only way to go for me. I think this will be the only way for a lot of people as more people give up screens, increased mindfulness, screens are not allowed at school/work, we want to set good examples for our kids, we want more single-use items as we reclaim our attention and eliminate distractions. a fitness tracker goes with all of these things.

I want to wait to see if there's a flex 3, because fitbit is the most highly recommended fitness tracker by my friends... but a few competitors are still doing the screenless thing, so please don't wait to announce it if you've got something in the wings.

texasprescott
First Steps

Yes! I don’t care about HR monitor as much because it might bulk it up. But I’m dying for another slim, waterproof, no screen design. I’m likely not to wear one otherwise and I need it for my health insurance premiums to be lower. 

Tjt9
First Steps

Probably been said before. But a no screen thin Fitbit with HR and sleep tracking that can be worn in the water

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tjt9, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having a Fitbit Flex 3 with heart rate. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Fechavez
First Steps

I used to wear the flex and flex 2 and loved the bracelet style look of it. I'm just a guy who prefers to wear classic watches and don't want more technology on my wrist than needed, but want to keep up with my fitness/sleep. A slim, unassuming tracker that looks like a bracelet with alot of tracking features would be ideal.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fechavez, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about developing a minimalist Tracker. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Luzyadirap
Jogger

I have use FitBit for over 5 years.

I use Fitbit to track exercise, sleep, and challenges.

I don't want to wear another watch besides my regular one.

I don't find options since my Flex 2 suddenly stopped sync since yesterda.

Please keep the Flex 2 alive for women over 50 years old that want their jewlery to match. No need of an extra watch. I carried my Flex 2 on a necklace or on a nice bracelet. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

TwistedZen
Jogger

Bring back the Flex2 as a retro-version. Nothing FitBit has currently has a streamlined look. Everything is bulky and "copycat'ish". There is STILL a huge market for the "bracelet" aesthetic.  

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Luzyadirap. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to continue using a Fitbit Flex series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

In the meantime, you can check our Fitbit Inspire which can be used on your wrist or in a clip to track your data. For more information about this device, visit this link. Keep adding your suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TwistedZen, thanks for explaining why you would like to have more options similar to Flex 2. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Flabeerman
First Steps
No display, especially no watch. A simple band to monitor HR, Steps, Sleep, an Alarm, and vibrate notification. Sync and info available on your mobile device.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Flabeerman, thanks for explaining why you would like to have a simple band without display to track basic stats. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

A.Thorn
Jogger
My ideal fitness tracker would be fully transparent to me while it functions. It doesn’t even need a screen; all the fancy stuff is taken care of in the app anyway. Put one LED on the thing to show when it’s paired, and another (or the same) to flash when the battery is running low. Keep only health features, like heart rate and sleep.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @A.Thorn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about developing a Fitbit device with no screen, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Maggaggie
First Steps
The Flex 2 was perfect because it was small, minimalist, and didn't have a screen. The pebble of the Flex 2 could be hidden in pretty jewelry. All of your current models have screens and they all look the same (like ugly Apple watches). Please bring back a non-screen tracker! I refuse to buy one these dorky "watches".
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I hate the flex 2 cause no lcd screen so I prefer that that lcd and oled screens are in the next devices

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Maggaggie, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to choose a new model (Flex 3) with heart-rate monitor (and no screen). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Bruno212
First Steps
I wear an Apple iWatch and a Fitbit Flex 2 - I find their overlapping health data helpful. I would NEVER replace my Flex 2 with a current Fitbit product as 1. they are too big 2. they all have watch faces which are redundant for me 3. visually they would seem weird with my iWatch.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bruno212. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a new Fitbit device available similar to the Flex 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

eawucker
First Steps
I suggest you consider bringing back an ultra-small device, like the Flex 2.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @eawucker, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see again Fitbit Flex model. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be interested in this other suggestion: Bring Back Fitbit Flex.

carebear4
First Steps
most of the over 50 crowd cant read the small screens with any of your devices myself included. Make something like the flex for tracking only and is unobtrusive to wear.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @carebear4, thanks for sharing this suggestion about making a new Fitbit device without a screen that tracks your stats with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.