Food Database for South Africa

Add south Africa as a country and add a South African food database

Moderator edit: added labels and edited title for clarification 

55 Comments
Nixfizzle
Jogger
Please please please add a south African food data base. Or at least let us integrate to fat secret...
Status changed to: New
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @Chantel! I like this idea because it can help users to log food easier and faster. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board Robot Happy

KImSA
Jogger

Hey, @Chantel @SilviaFitbit@Nixfizzle@Richdk all great suggestions. I would desperately like a South African food database and time zone added onto FITBIT please. I have been using mine here for a year now and keep hoping that you guys will do it, but to no avail. No African country on your database actually yet you sell so many here. What's UP?

Please make it easier for us to track our food. 

Otherwise enjoying my water counter and (limited) exercise tracker - outside of steps. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

More food databases can totally help users to log their food Smiley Happy. Thanks for visiting the Feature Request board. 

Laurenvr
Jogger
We seriously need a food database for South Africa! Please, please please help us out!
ShimFit
Stepping Up

Please can FitBit provide South Africa with a food database??? Fatsecret (which is free!) has an awesome database, surely if they can do it, FitBit can as well... FitBit isn't cheap, surely we deserve a database?!

LauraGrose
Jogger

Any joy yet with a food data base or choice of country being added as yet ? (South Africa) 

ShimFit
Stepping Up
Nope. Been nearly a year since original post requesting RSA to be added. Not what one would expect from a company as big as Fitbit. Not impressed..
Dani-R
First Steps

I agree, FitBit not cheap and we would really like a South African Food database...So much easier to use 1 app with everything! 

snympi
First Steps

Another request about the progress to make South Africa supported in the Apps

Lie-ani
First Steps

Good day. I would love to see South Africa being added to the list, as a country and a food data base. When I started my research about fitness trackers, one of the searches that popped up on google was that fitbit is the most popular tracker in South Africa. 

Joedup
First Steps

Hey Guys

I believe the FitBit community has grown quite a bit in South Africa.  Any chance of getting a South African Food Database?

Any timelines on this happening?

DaanS
First Steps

Yes please! A South African food database would definitely improve the fitbit experience. 

Dani-R
First Steps

Hey guys,

Any news on the South African food database on the fitbit? Seems like it is growing alot now!

Just adding my voice to these requests for more support for South African fitbit users, particularly a food database. There is a sizeable community here - please don't ignore us!

marlonZA
Jogger

Also adding my 50cents, please.

It's already a little p00 that the adventures shown on my app are all overseas ones.

The food db would help a lot for us Saffers, since a lot of things we have here are not listed, and requires some "best effort" guessing and matching of brands we don't know 🙂

Clifford.Patel
First Steps

Hi

We would really like a native food database for South Africa. Fitbit is popular here. 

Regards

Clifford

RSAMan
First Steps

Just adding my voice for team SA! Please add a RSA database or link as previously requested. Any solution please!!

BDK94
First Steps

I would also just like a food database for South Africa please.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to be able to only use my fitbit app for everything. Please add a South African food database on the fitbit app!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A South African Food database would be great!

KatieC25
First Steps

Please add an SA food base! Was so disappointed to buy my Fitbit today and discover it wasn't on there.... such a huge community of users here now. Please don't forget about us!

Sunami
First Steps

I see many requests for the South African food base to be added.

Fitbit headoffice South Africa, why are you not pushing for this more and urgently?

Could anyone please revert back to us as to how soon  this can happen? What môre do you need? We all spend a lot of money on a product that can't be used to it's max. 

Arthster
First Steps

Please add the SA database. Lots of folks in SA use Fitbit and having the SA Food DB would really help us out. 

Many thanks

Chants
First Steps

Please add a south African food database. It's crazy that you sell so many devices in a country yet you don't support them completely. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.