Make Ace Waterproof

Make the Ace waterproof for swimming.  Kids go to camp in the summer - can't be expected to take the thing off for swimming -- it'd definitely get lost/forgotten. They need to be wearing the thing at all times and it needs to be waterproof. Showerproof is not enough. 

Great idea but missing this key feature.  

Moderator Edit: Format/Title for Clarity

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Kids love water activities. Keen to hear what others think?

lorisalzwedel
First Steps

I bought my 11 yr old a flex2. Big mistake. I checked the site to decide on a tracker and didn't see any reference to age restrictions. Nothing on the packaging or the safety/warranty booklet. Tried to connect for him only to learn that he has to be 13. The website AND packaging should have this information prominently displayed. My son now has a bday present that he can't use for 2 years! We chose the flex2 for its affordability for his age as well as the bigger issue... Waterproof! If the Ace is the only model for the under 13 age group make one that's waterproof.

moosecat
Base Runner

Is it not possible to just lie about his age so he can use it? I think you can adjust his birth year later when he's actually 13 so it's correct, but otherwise there should be no real reason he can't use it.

jar8170
First Steps

I'm so disappointed that will all the technology FitBit has that the kids ACE tracker is not water (swim) proof.  Kids are active, they are in the water all summer and mine are in it all year! This is not cool! Why can't you make it swim proof?  What fix do you have for this? So many people would prefer this. Who cares about shower proof, swim proof please!!

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @jar8170! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Dg85
Jogger

The Ace needs to be waterproof.  There are no two ways about it.  I love Fitbit and feel that you guys have really cornered the market, but this was a major oopsie.  When the 11 year old wants a fitness tracker, I find myself torn.  I want to go with Fitbit, but it’s too much money to be ruined by a pool.  I don’t want to go with Garmin, but at the end of the day for a child?  I need to go with the waterproof one.  Hopefully, there will be an Ace 2 that remedies this situation before his birthday.

kasiaCS
First Steps

As another person wrote above, who cares about a shower proof fitness tracker for kids? (You want them to get fully clean anyway, by taking it off.) Where they actually need proofing where they are being active—a pool, not a shower.

Sage10
First Steps

This really is a must for a kids exercise tracker I know very few parents who do not ensure their children can swim and very few children that do not love swimming. Real conflict of interest here do we switch to Garmin so the family are getting fit together or do we have to wait a couple more years. Fitbit are really missing a trick as today’s kids are tomorrow’s consumers and if they align themselves to another brand from a young age it will be more difficult to get them back.

Evieb01
First Steps

I have to say I was disappointed to find that the ace was not waterproof. My son swims at least 2 times a week and in the warmer months nearly daily. The fact that he has to take it off each time he swims has me worried it’s only going to be a matter of time before it gets left somewhere. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Ashtan_4
Recovery Runner

As there any word on making the ace tracker swim proof? It seems like a feature most if not all parents want! I bought 3 last year and my children love and wear them, but if they made them swim proof they would be so much better for summer and I would buy them all the new version!

jessmenloe
Jogger

I would love to see a waterproof ACE for kids...my son is 8 and LOVES his Ace, he is just disappointed in having to take it off 3-5 times a week when he goes swimming throughout the summer.  Plus they have water days and all sort of water activities.  I would definitely buy a new product if it was waterproof!

Cah_mila_cee
Jogger

I also agree. My daughter decided she wants a tracker, and seeing as I use fitbit I thought of getting her the Ace straight away. But no - it's not swim proof. so that defeats the purpose in my opinion as she spends a lot of time in the water.

Looks like i'll have to get the Vivofit.

The other thing is, she likes the looks of the Vivofit as there is more variety and fancy bands. The Ace is simpler (I prefer the Ace personally) but I think you will appeal to a wider range of kids if you get novelty bands and make it swimproof.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that Fitbit Ace 2 is swim proof! Water resistance to 50m means kids can rock Ace 2 in the shower and the pool. @finzup77, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. We hope you enjoy this new product!

jar8170
First Steps
So will you buy back my fitbit gen 1 and credit toward a new waterproof one?

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.