More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
Cambsgirl93
First Steps
Even if it is on the app and not on the device screen this would be so useful!
Olgui
First Steps
I think that, directly on the screen of the device, it would be much more helpfull.
Thalinor
Base Runner
Agreed. Don't hold your breath though, more likely they will add a "feature" that removes something your tracker/dashboard/app once had but now doesn't, to save money on bandwidth or storage. They just did this with heart rate (now only one month is viewable, I stood a year like it used to be before the "update")
sabri
Jogger
Yes please, this would be so useful! It would be great to have that info in the app right next to the battery icon by each device.
TB5918
Base Runner

over 2.5 years of people asking for this feature to be added, and still only "reviewed by moderator"?

I feel like no customer requests ever get any serious consideration, or actually get passed on to the software developers...

RickyGoldsmith
Recovery Runner
Must be a real complex feature to add. I mean polling too often to get
battery stats would drain the battery and slow down the device #sarcasm

sent fr0m a $martph0nè, excuse typ0s
infinidim
Sprinter

RickyGoldsmith, the battery screen wouldn't have to poll the device very many times, it could poll it when the screen is visible.

I posted about this issue over a year ago and basically Fitbit seem to be totally unable to do this.

The code(to show battery useage) is in the various apps that Fitbit produce for Windows, IOS and Android etc, how difficult is it to move the simple bit of code to the firmware of the device and implement it.

The code would be "connected device" independant so they can't use the excuse that there is not a feature in the connected devices software. Maybe they are not admitting that they have run out of resourses on the Fitbit device so that's why they can't implement it because of lack of resources.

Regards

Infinidim

greycoral
Recovery Runner

Please add this to the fitbit dashboard or iOS app!

BigStew
Jogger

I too would LOVE to see a bettery indicator or a % number on my actual Charge HR device. It is slightly annoying to have to look at phone when I could take a quick glance on my wrist. I use mine daily and very often, this feature would be greatly appreciated. 

ssimak4
Jogger
I love to see percentage, like on a phone 100% .... 78%....1%...right now its very hard to tell how long it will last while on medium or low.

Thanks !!!
ssimak4
Jogger
I would sorry typo
fkm
Recovery Runner
Come on fitbit, this has been asked since 2014!

It seems the most basic of requests, a simple percentage or extra battery bars. At the minute, even with the new dashboard, it still only represents full medium or low. Absolutely useless for users as by far most of the time, it only ever displays medium.

And no, you don't need to be polling the watch non stop, just have it update these stats whenever you sync the device.
Booturtle
First Steps
I've owned two fitbits for over a year. I agree more detailed battery life would be appreciated. And perhaps a vibration when you hit a low point instead of an email?
kumadais
Recovery Runner
THIS. The current icon is useless. It'll be on medium forever, the once it hits low it means "today's a wash since the special charging cord is at home."
bck94
Stepping Up

This would be so great! I usually make it a point to charge my Charge HR when I'm in the shower, but sometimes I forget until I have one foot in the shower so I just put off charging, thinking I have enough battery. Then the little half-full icon will drop to empty right when I leave. Like geez, if I'd known the thing had 21 percent rather than 75 percent, I would have taken the time to grab my robe and go plug it up!

Jayl
First Steps
Yes! This should be a no brainer.
Fitbytes
First Steps
Another simple feature thats not present in fitbit....i love my surge but in somecases a i want to know the battery life...
Giggitti
Recovery Runner
A better battery indicator for the blaze is needed. If your not checking your phone for battery state you have no idea of percentage left using just the watch.
guitarwoman
Tempo Runner

I have voted for the battery percentage idea.

I think it would eliminate a lot of grumbling about battery life.  My Alta graphic on my app will change from a full to a half charged battery, but when I check it on the device it is more like 3/4 or 2/3 full.

More accurate, and more reflective of the company's claim about battery life.

kumadais
Recovery Runner
Is it possible to copy the battery icon that only appears on the device when it's charging (you know the one with all the slim bars) and add that as a battery tile?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Numbered battery indicator on the dashboard please.
Theo1967
Recovery Runner
The battery indicator on the Blaze is really hard to see being grey, could do with being more visible at a glance
Fractious
Recovery Runner

I would love to have a more accurate battery indicator for my Charge HR. I have phone notifications enabled but the notification comes too late. The full/medium/low method has lost me steps or forced me to go home early to plug in. I'm using two devices so I can always swap out and wear the other one but there's not nearly enough notice given. 

I would also love to see the battery charge as an item on my device itself since I don't always have access to my phone or a computer. The only time I've seen it show up on my device is if it's about dead. Too late then if I'm gone for the day!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I can't figure out how to vote so I will just add a great big oh hell yeah to the add a battery indicator and improve the one on the dashboard.
YJjaime
Jogger
Agree with percentage for battery so I don't over charge my charge HR all the time
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.