More clock faces for charge five

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

306 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Buckminster, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having more clock faces available for the Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

GaryPlazyk
Jogger

I agree - the Charge 5 clock faces seem to be a victim of designer-itis.  I liked the Inspire HR clock face options much better.  I want to see the day, date, time, step count, and current heart rate.

bubblepopinc
Jogger

I love the liberties taken with the clock faces. however most of them have no real flow in design. I personally like horizontal time not lateral. Also i would like to see faces with two stats not just one. I love the steps and heart at the same time. 

ACSan
Jogger

We need a real analog clock face on Charge 5 and not on pink. Just like the analog clock on charge 3 and 4.I know its a tracker but if we use it everyday then we are using it as a clock also. We don't want a tracker on our left hand and a clock on our right hand. 

Jimmypretty
First Steps

I would love a clock face without the time. 

I am only interested in health related metrics and not the time or date. 

FBGerbil
Recovery Runner

Yes, having steps and heart at the same time is important. The Slashed face has them, but looks terrible. Slanted cut off numbers? Yuk. More, decent, clean face options please. 

bilrob
First Steps

After the band broke on Fitbit 4 and lost the device just bought the 5, the clockfaces will not change any matter if connected not connected fully charge,d etc. What is the cure to get a change in the clock face? Why won't this work for $180?

Camsy
First Steps

I don't have any issue with some clock face designs that are there to look fun and 'designery'. However I think fitbit fails to realise their core market want functionality over form. Give me the current time in the centre of the watch face. The day of the week, the date - day and month, total steps and maybe heartrate. Design 1 in this comment from SunsetRunner pretty much nails it. But I also think you could have all of that info and make it look a little less utilitarian than their suggestion. There's a middle ground between a clock that looks like a microwave display from the 90s and a clock that looks like it was made by picasso. 

I also strongly dislike that all of the current designs include a zero at the start of the number (ie. 0730), even when in 12hr time. There needs to be an option to hide the unnecessary 0 or remove it from some designs. 

LukmanC
Base Runner

this is one i'd like to propose (but i can't seem to post a new suggestion) - idea being a simple face with white, dark red and light red. You pick one of the stats to appear at top in bright red. others appear at bottom in dark red. All with numerical and progress bar type indicators. 

perhaps use a 24 hours clock too (i prefer 24 hour)

ClockFace.jpg

Arima1
Jogger

I like LukmanC's suggestion.

My previous Charge 3's screen graphics were perfectly fine. Clean, simple and easy to read and understand. 

I can't find any clock faces that I like for my new Charge. The closest is "Target" but it is really annoying that the stat I want to look at changes each time I tap the screen, either by accident or because the screen doesn't open when I move my wrist and I have to double tap the screen (no button is also annoying on Charge 5). Target would be good if I could sent the main stat but also see the other stats (as LukmanC suggests). 

Some options for clean graphics without the distracting and badly thought out colour schemes please. Happy for people to have the option for the current selections if they really like that kind of thing but really not easy for me to read when I am exercising or when relaxing either. 

Ikjot
First Steps

Among all the new Charge 5 faces available, I only like the "Slashed" because it displays all the stats, day of the week, date and time at once. But you know what I didn't like about that design? The "Slashed" part - just give me simple design with no slashing the numbers or at the very least, make it optional.

Mobay2
First Steps

It would be great to have a few more clock face options that were more function-oriented. I like to see my heart rate while working out for example. In most of the options you have now, the heart rate is hard to see. A lot of the real estate goes the clock. I remember there was a great option with the Charge 4. I wish you'd bring some of these back.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just got the Charge 5 and the selection of clock faces is not good... they kinda suck. They're very cartoon like with more focus on crazy great designs but none where you can have multiple stats on one screen. I have a feeling many people would even be ok with no clock and just show multiple activity stats. And this is the first tracker I've had where there's no battery level on the display either. I know the display is on the small side but they can do much better in maximizing the real estate and giving people more options of what to see.  I really hope they plan on releasing a bundle of more grown up and functional clock faces or I think I'll regret this purchase. 

Mobay2
First Steps

Totally agree. This is really disappointing. Feels like they had a designer at Google come up with a bunch of iterations without much thought. A battery icon would be good too. Come on Fitbit. How hard is it to add a few more options? Ping us offline if you want more ideas. Please?

RCS19
First Steps

I also agree with FloridaMover202.  Is it that difficult to include a classic design that shows core stats such as time, date, steps and heart rate.  The tap to go through stats is annoying.  This can be accidental activated especially if you are wearing a dress shirt and can get annoying.  Configuring what core stats matter would be great.  Please bring back a classic design.  Keep with all the slashed and alternative designs if you must, but there are a many situations where a basic classy design (digital and analog) are needed.   Thanks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please give us more neutral, functional clock face options, not all the crazy designs which I hate! Please! Please!!

As now, I consider to stop using thw watch, and would recommend friends to not buy the Charge 5. Really disappointed!

Please also remember to abbreviate the day name in Norwegian language, now all dates with two digits are shown wrong as only one digit is visible because the day is spelt fully and take all the space! 

inspir0n
Stepping Up

+1 For Lukman C suggestion Definite 24hr clock

thussey66
First Steps

The charge 5 clock faces are awful. Why can't there be classier clock faces like in the luxe line?  

SLW422
Runner

Agree with everyone; the clock face selection is pathetic.   I decided not to buy a Charge 5 after seeing the available clock faces, plus the fact that the altimeter has been removed from the Charge.   Moving on. 

SPerdue66
Jogger

More clock faces for Charge 5 please.

How about the lineup from the Charge 4?

My favorites from the Charge 4 line are #2 Pendulum, #3 Dotted time, and #23 Analog stat.

I like a lot of the Charge 4 faces and would find almost any of them acceptable, but I dislike all of the Charge 5 faces. I'm surprised the offerings are not balanced between traditional and, whatever you call the Charge 5 options. As a print designer, I think there are many flaws in the Charge 5 lineup, but the biggest is an insensitivity to the range of users. These faces are designed for young people with little thought to whether or not they are readable and accessible to old people and those with vision issues. I want my Fitbit to look like a classic watch. For $179, this doesn't seem unreasonable. 

I purchased mine today and will be boxing it back up to return unless additional faces are available stat.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I am going to be blunt.  Most of the Charge 5 clock faces look like the developer was taking hallucinogenic drugs.  How about some reasonable clock faces, please?

Groenlo
First Steps

I like LukmanC’s suggestion. My own preference would be for an analog clock face with numbers and date, then fit in steps and HR if it can be legible. Otherwise I don’t mind swiping for fitness stats.

I would have bought a Charge5 by now, but there are no clock faces that suit me. And I do look at my Fitbit for the time more often than anything else.

I have seriously considered just getting an old-fashioned watch and a fitness ring, but they are still too pricey.

gmcgo
First Steps

PLEASE make some simple, basic clock faces that don't scream at you.

Suemurr
Stepping Up

I am a RN and need analog clock face with second hand for taking pulses and counting respirations on patients. Like the old school face look better than the other styles currently available.

Nschickle
Recovery Runner

Honestly this thread is needed... I mean have you seen Hawaiian Punch. My friends and I look through the watch faces to laugh about how incredibly useless they are. 5 faces have the time horizontally which is the only way it's close to being readable yet 3 have weird effects that make it hard to focus on. I truly expected after a few months that a UX designer could create maybe a single useful design.... Please just be normal and give standard options as many people have mentioned above.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.