More clock faces for the Charge 5

More clock faces for charge five

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

306 Comments
Rach-Ag01
First Steps

These clock faces are horrible and not useful.  I'm about to return my charge 5, and go back to Garmin.  

Suemurr
Stepping Up

They really are useless. I need a regular analog face with a second hand and numbers on the dial. Date would also be good.

AzaB2C
Jogger

Fitbit devices owner since 2017. Just setup Charge 5.  Ugh...

Give me clock with all stats.  Where's your code? Will happily fix for you.

The current overly whimsically designed clocks seem to be optimized for marketing purposes.  Scrolling through the available clocks didn't bring me joy, they aroused rage.

Dear FitBit, optimize for your Customers primary scenarios, not Ads.

-----------------------

Returning my Charge 5 if no clear action being taken with committed date.

gbsmead
First Steps

I just bought one of these for Black Friday and the clock faces are one of the biggest disappointments. The available faces are dreadful.  I know it's a thin watch face, but putting the hours and minutes on separate lines is horribly confusing at a glance.  I might get used to it, but I'd more likely go insane during the transition period.

There's one basic clock face and you can't even change what metric displays by default.  I want to show my steps as my default metric, not my active minutes, but there's no way to do it.

Himhaw
First Steps

The available Charge 5 faces seem to focus more on appearance than practicality.  If I want a watch strictly for appearance,  I'm not looking in the direction of a smart watch. I want a fitbit for practical purposes. The slash face comes closest to what I want, but why mess it up with the slightly tilted stats box that does nothing but obscure the view of the clock? I would like to see a selection of simple faces based on the ability to more easily track metrics (again, the reason this watch exists).

Kijang
First Steps

I bought this watch for my elderly dad who use Charge 2 daily. He is 80 years old with history of mild heart attack and early symptom of alzheimer. He often got lost in various watch menus, so i disabled all unnecessary menus and make HRM the default face, which is all that he needs. 

I was hoping charge 5 would have been an upgrade with brighter amoled display since he has to use reading glass to read charge 2 display. Guess I was wrong. There is no option to disable unnecessary menu. No option to make HRM with big fonts the default face. 

Fitbit please fix this 🙏

jamjam9
First Steps

I cannot believe that there isn't just a simple watch face, or at least one with the stats like people are asking, or a B/W version. Not everyone wants to deal with these goofy colors! I just want a classy simple option like my charge 3 and not a SINGLE clock face fits the bill. Please fix this!

ChristineHarris
First Steps

The colours are awful. Why are almost all of them this burnt orange? There's very little variety when it comes to colour. All I'm interested in seeing on my tracker is heart rate and steps, and it's really annoying to have to scroll through five items to get back to what I want to see, especially when it switches on me when I open the screen.  

MrTQM1
First Steps

It would seem, that you can determine the most popular clock faces from your wide range of fitness trackers. Shouldn't those previous "winners" be available on one of your newest releases?

Really, these literally all look the same (well okay there are two analog faces).

cnguyen3377
First Steps

Can we get some feminine style clock faces on the Charge 5 like the Liberty and Magazine C from the Luxe? 

I also like to see day of the week, time, steps, and HR all without having to tap. 

I've been using the Slash clock faces but the cutoff numbers for the time is horrible. And I'm not a fan of green colour.

revonox
Jogger

Why not just give the community the ability to design clocks like on the Sense and Versa? Seems to me would be the easiest solution to provide people with both more customization and a wider variety of clocks to choose from.

JenniLynn03
Jogger

I'd like a face with the date, time, HR and battery level in either a white, or customizable color palate. I really don't like the color options! I don't think that's asking a lot. I downgraded from the Versa 2 to the Charge 5 because I needed the ECG, but didn't like how big and uncomfortable the Versa was (so the Sense wouldn't be any better). I knew I was losing features, but didn't realize the faces would be so bad. 

UlrikeDG
Runner

I'd really love a Charge 5 version of Moment, Spectrum, or Simple. These are clean, easy to read faces that should be easy to modify for the Charge 5's tall, skinny face! 

Nschickle
Recovery Runner

I see people commenting and I think I'm realizing that "Reviewed by Moderator" means they will no longer look at this thread. New threads instead of comments?

ThreeOne
Recovery Runner

There are currently 4 analogue faces:

Intersection. completely useless and looks horrible. I don't know who would use this. 

Symphony. pink colour and doesn't show the date. 

California Dream. unusual split pie design with strange colours. Hands are hard too see against the background.

Tracks. no date or other data.

What is needed is a simple useful analogue face that is clear showing date and metrics. 

DaveBohl
Jogger

I would like a really simple clock face.  

Date

Time

Steps

I don’t want to have to cycle to get steps.  It constantly gets knocked off steps and on to calories or something I don’t care about. 

Your edge over Apple is as a pedometer. Have something simple that works for just that.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

please make more clock faces and not ugly face 🙂

Tamij76
Jogger

I am disappointed with the clock faces available for the Charge5. They are useless. The only one that shows some stats but not all without paging thru them is on a diagonal and partially obstructed. It’s so disheartening to be excited about getting a new fitness tracker to be immediately disappointed with it’s appearance and usability. Let’s get going on some new clock faces. I have had my tracker for 3 months and I still feel dissatisfied with it. That’s not right!

Electromanjim
Base Runner

Hopefully they will listen to all these comments and do something for there users

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
I could give you a hint of how that's gone so far... Not great.
Electromanjim
Base Runner
Well hopefully they will see the light with all the customers asking for this and do something about it

Thanks
Jim

Sent from my iPhone
Amuseddouche
First Steps

Have to agree with the comments on this thread. The colours chosen for Charge 5 faces is awful. Would really love some options that aren't so kiddish. Maybe before you guys push new designs on the app do a survey on social about potential faces and let the audience choose. Waiting for less gawdy options eagerly. 

I22yb
Jogger

Same feeling here, just opened my new Charge 5 and all the clock faces suck.  The programming required to make these should be pretty simple and modular.  1. Traditional faces needed.  2. Rotated faces needed.  3. All stats showing, or a single tap to get to all stats needed.  4.  Why not a face designer for users to make their own?

So unhappy with all the modernist looks and slants that cut crap off.  We need function over form!

-----------

Also, how do we reply to comments on here?  I see a report option, but no reply.

Kady
Jogger

Please can we have more clock faces for Charge 5?  I've upgraded from the Charge 2 and so disappointed that there hasn't been a lot of changes.  I've voted on Buckinster's post, as recommended by the moderator, so fingers crossed this gets actioned . . . . .

Suemurr
Stepping Up
Agree totally.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.