Music storage on Sense/Versa 3

Please allow Sense to storage Music (mp3) just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

653 Comments
Cheyboer
First Steps

I didn't know that the Versa 3 didn't have the option for music!  I should have done my research!   I contacted support and they said an update would happen in 24 hours that would let me load my music.  I contacted today and they said that would not be happening.  I am so disappointed.  Returning if this doesn't change soon!

jackmce
Jogger

Really disappointed by this, whole point I got this was not needing to take my phone out when exercising, this just ruins that whole idea. Wont be recommending this product to friends.

bperry77
First Steps

I received a versa 2 for Christmas (to replace the one lost tubing in the summer).  I was all set to get a versa 3 but this was a deal breaker.  Being a Samsung phone owner I returned the Fitbit for a Galaxy Active 2 that was very well priced at Costco.  So far so good.  Battery life isn't as good but charging is a feature of the watch. 😉

Sorry Fitbit.  Mistake by you.

niallf
First Steps

Extremely disappointed that I can't add my own music to the Versa 3.  I already have a Spotify account so I'm paying out any more to get a Deezer account just for this purpose.

Akuaba
First Steps

I'm going to keep my sense a bit longer, but if this doesn't change I'll be returning it. I didn't invest in this "smart" watch to have it be dumber than my last watch. I don't want to have to carry my phone just to listen to music while working out.

murphykieran
Jogger

If I had known I couldn't put a podcast onto my versa 3 when I bought it I wouldn't have ? I just assumed I could considering my friend's Versa 2 could do it and I bought it on her recommendation. I cannot return it now and am very disappointed.

Would very much like to see this feature added.

Bioroid
Recovery Runner

This device was so close to be perfect...but this decision is a deal breaker. Also, FitBit's push towards subscriptions (their own Premium service and now others like Pandora or Deezer) is starting to push me away from their ecosystem. I hope they reconsider this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I find it unbelievable that a smartwatch designed for fitness doesn't allow storing music in it. It's like Fitbit developers didn't even understand what working out usually entails. I was planning to buy a Fitbit Sense. Now, I'm looking for alternatives, unless this issue is resolved soon. Unbelievable.

cphil20
First Steps

I agree - these kinds of decisions are the ones that kill product lines because no one wants them as downgrades.  I was looking to buy a sense or versa 3 but now im looking at other vendors.  All i wanted was a device with the newer features that has bluetooth and music / podcast storage with no additional subscriptions.  i was considering a versa 2 as it will work but it lacks the newer tech.  i guess its time to look elsewhere. 

This board post has been up since august and i have not seen ANY updates from fitbit saying what the future plans are - come on guys, this isn't CIA secret stuff were talking about.  At least post some update on it 🙂

Airic
First Steps

storing your own music on your watch (available on older models) but not present on the new Versa 3 or Sense. This should be brought back! I'm an ionic user and that with the gps is super important for my running. I'd like to recommend this product to my running friends but it doesn't make sense now that it has been removed.

Aleks94
First Steps

We really need it, before i need take my phone for running couse charge 2 doesnt have GPS, now i need take my phone couse versa 3 cant store music. I hope it will be solved in 2021...Thanks! 

CherryC
Jogger

Please allow Versa 3 to store and play saved music..one of the main reasons i bought it was because salesperson said it had that feature

LT802
First Steps

How do you vote on this suggestion? Also would like to see music storage option on Sense.

Well it's been 6 months since people have displayed their frustration with no music storage on the Sense and Versa 3. There hasn't been a statement, solution, or even acknowledgement from Fitbit. I've moved on but I suggest everyone else that is unhappy should do the same. I get multiple emails a day about this issue and its time to put it to rest. Peace out!

Bluechimera77
Jogger

@LT802 The first page of this thread at the top, there is a thumbs up icon.

**I too want versa 3 to have personal music option that versa 2 had!!!**

Chris.Rowberry
First Steps

Fitbit clearly has no intention of addressing this at all. I have been following this thread for months now and they totally ignore it, even with over 700 votes.

It's an absolute disgrace in all honesty. At least tell us it isn't going to happen. Instead, you're relying on people buying and hoping the feature comes eventually.

I am really disappointed by this lack of customer communication. I will hold onto my Sense purely for the ECG scanner with my dodgy heart. But when I next upgrade, at this rate, it won't be with Fitbit.

Lastly, there is also a knock-on effect here, in that you have 700 voters who will be recommending other brands. We all know that could well lose you a load more orders going forward. 

Put us out of our misery and give us a straight answer Fitbit!

CherryC
Jogger

Well said Chris Rowberry !   Totally agree

Gadgetking3
First Steps

I bought the Sense watch and a set of Apple Pro earbuds for my wife, so she could run with music, without her phone. The fact that Fitbit is forcing me to have a music subscription is terrible, and has made me sorry it is too late to return the watch. I have the Ionic and can do it, but not the new watch with new tech..... why would you downgrade a watch. Bad move.

Lou_28
Jogger

I agree this is needed , it was a great feature on the others before and love it as it saved me taking my phone so it’s disappointing that it’s not available for the sence 

Chris.Rowberry
First Steps

I wonder if there is a way we can make a bigger fuss to at least get them to answer this topic. Is there any Facebook adverts that we can comment on or anything like that? 

If we can put doubts on new buyers, surely they will need to answer to that.

CherryC
Jogger

Am hoping versa owners don't give up..the more community fuss/posts the better.  I think Fitbit has us 'by the short and curlies' and it seems the company is unwilling to restore the transfer music app.  Certainly wish we could make potential buyers aware before they make the mistake of purchase - like I did when salesperson assured me this was a feature!!!   Garmin looks like a better option unless Fitbit restores!!!

Cath20
First Steps

@Chris.Rowberry

I comment on their Facebook & Twitter posts if and when I see them. They just try and fob you of by saying come here to post you’re concerns.

I then reply and say what the point in that you just delete or ignore the comments.

It’s about time they listen to their customers @Fitbit sort it out listen to your customers and put the function back!! It’s to late to return my watch but next time I upgrade I’ll go elsewhere unless this is addressed!! 

mariotlr
First Steps

From my perspective I'd like to see integration with Amazon Music. Who uses Pandora? To be honest first I thought it was the jewellery brand 😄

Pandora is available only in USA. Here, in UK we are using mainly Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music. As I'm Amazon Music person. I'd like to see Fitbit doing something more towards people living outside the USA in terms of music (if simple mp3 upload to a watch is too much). If garmin can do it - Fitbit can...

To be honest I'm using at the moment old Alta HR. Just considering a purchase of a fitness smartwatch, and considering Sense or Garmin Venu, and Garmin is winning a lot. They've got Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer - 3 most popular outside of Apple and Google. .And they do not want you to pay any subscriptions to have full access to possibilities of their health app... 

So... if until my birthday in May nothing will change... I'll say: bye bye Fitbit...

Tochtej
Jogger

I got the Fitbit Sense before knowing that they had removed this function. Now I am so disappointed and frustrated to have spent so much money in something that does not do one of the main things I wanted it for.

Also, I cannot return it now as the retailer I bought it from does not accept returns from open products. 

On the bright side, I called the technical support service to see if it was just a defect of my watch and they told me that the Sense does not come with that function yet but they are going to fix it in the next update. I am not sure if she told me this just to get rid of me or they are truly considering it. In any case, at least for me, that's my only hope.

wetzk
Base Runner

That's a shame the Sense and Versa 3 are missing the ability to store music. That feature, accurate step counting and a GPS are the main features I use. The other things like the ECG sound nice and I might have used them. But won't since this does not offer music storage. So I'll move the fitbit ads back to spam since the $50 off offer does not interest me anymore.

Fitbit if you read these notice my last Fitbit was a Surge. I had a lot of problems with it and went to Garmin. Before that I had used a number of Fitbits. Some lost, some washed and the Surge was just bad.  The Sense sounded good, the $50 off sounded even better but doing a bit of research led me to the discovery it does not allow storing music. So you lost a sale to one of your competitors since i was in the market for a new watch.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.