Notification icon on the screen for unread messages

I had an Apple Watch but did not like the way it felt on my wrist and I hated having to charge it basically every day. My Charge 3 is just what I need. One suggestion though would be to have an icon on the home screen when you have a notification that has not been looked at. I like being able to get my notifications (mostly text messages) on the Charge 3, but if you don’t feel the vibration and you don’t manually check the Charge, the notification goes away from the screen. It would be nice to have some sort of icon that remains on the home screen until the notification has been checked. Doesn’t have to be anything elaborate, just something to show that there is an unchecked notification. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Griffew, what a great suggestion. Having this option in our trackers would be awesome. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Ali1727
Recovery Runner

Yes, please!

I too had the Apple Watch and didn't like how it felt on my wrist... 

Griffew
Jogger

Let’s get this pushed through and show how capable this is against the Apple Watch! Lighter, more comfortable, loads of features, lasts 6 more days on a single charge, etc! Come on Fitbit, let’s do it. 👍

SarahRhea
Tempo Runner

This!

I find it annoying that if a notification comes in im forced to look at it next time i tap on the screen to check the time or something even if its half an hour later.  If there are multiple notifications I have to clear them each before going back to the home screen. Id prefer the notifications to pop up on the screen for a few seconds, then if unchecked they go to the notifications bin and a small home screen icon appear for unread notifications. 

DaveS3
Runner

I like this .. could be a very small indicator so as not to waste battery .. like tiny

jpsalley
Jogger

I see this topic will not come to change no time in the future for as ( notification and messages can't be deleted) I just talk to customer service and the tech said he didn't realize this was a problem and his device / app have messages that are several months old. He said Fit bit don't have a time line when this will be updated, fix, or whatever. Hum, I said okay. I will just wait until this iconic watch dies and I will delete my account ago to another brand of fitness watch that have this capability.

@Griffew wrote:

I had an Apple Watch but did not like the way it felt on my wrist and I hated having to charge it basically every day. My Charge 3 is just what I need. One suggestion though would be to have an icon on the home screen when you have a notification that has not been looked at. I like being able to get my notifications (mostly text messages) on the Charge 3, but if you don’t feel the vibration and you don’t manually check the Charge, the notification goes away from the screen. It would be nice to have some sort of icon that remains on the home screen until the notification has been checked. Doesn’t have to be anything elaborate, just something to show that there is an unchecked notification. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

mareks.l
First Steps

Me and I sincerely believe that majority of Versa smartwatch users would benefit from a new element on main screen - notification icon. Just a simple bubble that tells you whether there is an unread notification, so I wouldn't need to swipe from top.

I see a lot of watch faces featuring all sorts of icons, but mainly there are 4: Battery, steps, heart rate and calories. Please add the 5th - Notifications. It would help so much - from just checking if you have notifications, whether that vibration 10 seconds ago was real or "ghost vibration", while in gym - so you wouldn't need to interact with smartwatch if there are no messages and could keep on exercising. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mareks.l! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Vanie1990
First Steps
Hi Fitbit community, I have a suggestion about pending notifications. We all love busy lives and can’t always check our texts or calls right away during work or school and a feature that would be SO SO useful would be to have some sort of icon that says we have pending notifications. Instead of swiping to check.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vanie1990, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a notification icon for pending notifications. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.