Option to disable 'Water lock'

Many folks are reporting that water lock comes on when not desired. I experience this multiple times a day with my brand new Inspire 2. I do not even have Swim set as an exercise and I don't need or want the water lock function. If the button issue cannot be easily fixed, a simple solution is an option in Settings to disable the function.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

234 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Wordlady, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to disable 'Water lock' on Inspire 2. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

wyeanni
First Steps

Another vote for the ability to disable the Water Lock feature on the Inspire 2.  I don't want it and it keeps going into lock mode.

Hukiyoyo
Jogger

Agreed! It's frustrating to keep getting interrupted during my day with this prompt

AlysonJF
First Steps

I, too, have wasted far too much time trying to unlock the Water Lock which I do not need. The constant reminders are very irritating.

Groovymarlin
Jogger

Yes!! My Inspire 2 is constantly going into water lock mode. The side buttons or sensors are just way too sensitive, so if I flex my wrist far enough, the pressure of my wrist on one side and my forearm on the other causes the water lock to engage. It happens very frequently just during normal activities (picking things up, folding laundry, etc.). I think having an option to disable water lock mode would be the perfect solution. I never intend to wear my device while swimming or anything like that, so I definitely don't need this "feature."

DocHog
Jogger

YES!! I have had my Inspire 2 for almost a year. I never had this happen until the most recent device update. Because water lock is so exercise/experience focused, please make it possible to disable or at least a step process.

moogamoo
Jogger

I agree this is so frustrating, this must happen 10 to 15 times a day

Bottlebaby
First Steps

Absolutely frustrated with my Inspire 2. I have numerous other issues with it but the fact that  just moving my wrist during normal daily activities is enough to prompt the water lock feature all day long. It vibrates like I have received a notification but its just the stupid water lock feature that is absolutely useless. Even I swam for exercise I still don’t get the point of water lock. Please disable!!!

MonaLS
Runner

YES. Another vote for disabling water lock. 

BeckyF.
Recovery Runner

Water Lock Needs to Go! I just bought my 96 year old Mom a Fitbit Inspire2.
While setting it up for her Water Lock happened and I had NO idea how/why it happened & trying to get out of it was a pain.
After reading all these comments I’m thinking I should return it for something else.

She got very frustrated and discouraged....

Water Lock is not a”Feature”, it’s a Bug that needs to be squashed🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

warcampion
Jogger

I agree. It is very frustrating. Please make a setting to turn this feature off.

Thank  You

salem629
Recovery Runner

The water lock definitely needs to be fixed ….. extremely frustrating 

Jennybody
Jogger

Yes to disabling water lock. I'd prefer to get rid of the feature entirely until it functions better (doesn't turn on inadvertently), but barring that, I'd like to be able to disable it. It's more trouble than it's worth to me.

KVM20
First Steps

If the only answer to malfunctioning water lock is to wear the Fitbit higher and loser, the feature needs to be able to be deactivated. A heart rate monitor that has to be worn so loose it can’t read heart rate is something I’m returning for a refund. 

NEvie65
Recovery Runner

Absolutely would use this. I'm repeatedly distracted by the buzzing on my wrist. And it is frustrating when my screen won't respond even after repeatedly tapping on screen or pushing buttons. It is greatly impacting my satisfaction with this product. 

ivo12
First Steps

Please, please, please.  The water lock makes me hate this device.  Really poor design if I have to choose between heart rate monitoring and keeping from accidentally turning on or off the water lock. Grrrrr!

Beribic
First Steps

This was annoying when it just buzzed periodically and went into water lock mode.  Now I'm seriously aggravated - I started using the exercise tracker right from my Fitbit (used to track in app afterwards), so now when it goes into water lock for no reason - it pauses my exercise tracking.  I have been a Fitbit users for 8 years now and love how it has 8 years of my history, AND I love the functionality that Fitbit continues to roll out - but they quality of the actual trackers continues to go downhill.  The ongoing glitches have just about got me ready to switch brands.  

mhesselein
First Steps

Please do an update that makes the water lock something that needs to be activated.  I do not swim or shower with my Fitbit, yet it goes into water lock several times each day.

Gonger
First Steps

Please update the water lock feature so that it won't continually pop up on my screen. This is terribly annoying.  

I have purchased several Fitbits over the years and each one of them have had issues except the Fitbit One.   I am not sure why the different models have so many issues.  Customer service is always friendly and willing to help, but they so rarely can fix the actual issue.  I miss my Fitbit One- I had it for years and it worked perfectly the entire time; I wish the company could bring it back.

hawkstar2
First Steps

I previously had an Alta, it died so I got an Inspire 2. The reviews all mentioned constant vibration, but I assumed user error and that it could be disabled. Now having my Inspire less than a week I am being driven insane by the constant water lock prompt vibrating like crazy. If I wear this any looser it'll slip over my hand! PLEASE DISABLE!!!!!

Wyndy
Jogger

It worked before the latest update and I am also tired of it running across the screen.  A disable button would be a great solution

Emmalou80
First Steps

Please please please give an option to disable. Only had this device for 3 days and I'm ready to return it.... device water locks several times a day. I sweat a lot and it does not matter how high up my wrist I wear it it water locks over and over and over and over......

KayBeeCee
Jogger

I replaced my Alta with Inspire 2 because I had worn it for years and it was not holding a charge anymore.  The water lock screen pops up dozens of times a day.  I called customer service and they sent me a new device which does exactly the same thing.  I HATE this thing and am researching different brands that don’t have these glitches!

DvG123
First Steps

I can't stand that it keeps asking if I want to go into the swim lock mode.  It must happen 10 times a day.  What is worse is it happens when I am asleep also. 

NoisyRooster11
First Steps

It's driving me nuts that 9 times out of 10 when the screen comes on (either from movement or because I touched it) the screen is on water lock asking me to lock it. I just want to be able to see my home screen with my stats and the time. It would be awesome to be able to disable that feature to eliminate this issue.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.