Rearrange or customize Charge 3 & 4 apps/stats view/Today

I'd really like the ability to rearrange the built in apps on my Charge 3. The app I'll use most often is the Weather, which is on the last page! I have to swipe a bunch to get to it. The next one would be the timer app, which is on the second page. The most frustrating part is that on some of the help pages, the images show the apps in a different order! I've spent ages trying to figure out how to adjust it.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

545 Comments
amaje76
Recovery Runner

Allow better control of tiles on Charge 3 to allow turning them ON or OFF and allow sequencing how they appear on the device (just like Alta) 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @amaje76! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Saulait
Keeping Pace

Adding the ability to customize which stats appear in customized order on the fitbit charge 3. It currently lists all 8 stats. 

kostax
Base Runner

It would be nice to enable swiping in both left/right directions on the clock face "home screen" of the Charge 3. Imagine endless/seamless swiping in either direction to cycle through all menu items. This would make it useful to access your 4 most used items with only one swipe in either direction. Example: 

<--- Weather/Battery <--- Clock Face ---> Exercise/Relax  ---> Timers/Alarms ---> Settings --->

This feature has been requested in the past as well with great response, but for the FitBit Blaze.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Saulait! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Smiley Happy

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @kostax! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Robot Happy

kostax
Base Runner

This is a must! Not sure why this has been omitted...

The Alta HR has the feature to add, remove, and rearrange the stats shown.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2159#customize

The Charge 2 also has the feature to show only the menus that interest you.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2097

Agree 100% the charge 2 has this feature, would be super useful to have asap.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

kostax
Base Runner

+1 vote. Please implement the best features of the Alta HR & Charge 2

wheatsauce178
First Steps

Yes, this feature would be extremely helpful!

I depend on the timer feature, and it currently easier for me to press a button on the side of my 10 year old - bundled with a bowflex - stopwatch on my wrist than it is to swipe to the timer on my new fitbit charge 3! The ability to reorganize the apps would certainly be a smart feature for such a "smart" piece of technology!

Brian66
Jogger

Hi,

yes we definitely need this endless/seamless swiping in both directions. It is very annoying that swiping ends after doing it 3 times.

Brian

pgproductionshd
First Steps

This has been extremely disappointing and the worse part is I don't understand why this was not implemented in the first place. I don't wanna see my heart rate or a useless indicator for my steps, I wanna see what I bought the **ahem** tracker for, my calories! This feature was available in the Charge 2 along with many other features that have also been omitted. I hope this is applied as soon as possible!

daveindenver
First Steps

I had the exact same thought on the weather. Would also like to be able to remove things I don't use like "Relax" mode. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with you. I am so amazed how they could do so awesome on the fit and feel , but fall so short on the simplest thing . Not adding the date to the watch faces and not being able to arrange the tiles is crazy.

moiramiller19
First Steps

I agree. Being able to rearrange the apps based on usage specific to the user would be extremely helpful.

Caz525
Base Runner

I would like to be able to rearrange the stats too, I like to see floor's after steps, on the charge 2 I have both steps and floors displayed on home screen, wish I could have that clock face for the charge 3, along with date and time  

Viello
Strider

Agree...everyone has their own way of using Fitbits, so allowing eaxh of us to display the parameters we find most useful would be great. 

MrHappy
Recovery Runner

I would like to think that with more apps on the pipeline that the ability to customize the order should be coming along with it -- please let common sense prevail! 🙂

Offie
Jogger

I completely agree! Can't wait for them to remember that a minimum of customization really is needed considering how different uses of these devices can be from person to person!

RottieLover
Runner

I'd love to be able to rearrange my menu, as well as the apps. For me, heart rate is my top concern. I'd also like to be able to move my alarms closer to the front/top of the list.

HurryUp
Jogger

I also agree.  I’m surprised that the Charge 3 doesn’t offer these choices/features that were on the Chatge 2. 

micr0
Recovery Runner

sounds good.

could there be an option to define what you find where?

so not only seamless swiping but also removing items so you can skip the apps you don't need/use?

or now you open the app list by swiping from right to left.

could I choose what to see when I swipe from left to right for example: immediately the app exercise, or the weather forecast, etc

Arie

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed. Why would you not integrage useful custimazation already available in previous versions? This is my biggest frustration after 2 days of use. I want to be able to see at a glance what *I* deem important or useful for me, which means I want to be able to choose what goal is displayed at the clock face (not steps, that's for sure!), and in what order my other goals/trackings appear.

pgproductionshd
First Steps

@AlexandraFitbit It has been made clear that this feauture is of high demand and would be extremely useful. Along with it some new clock faces would be appreciated since the current ones are far too similar.. The date had also been omitted from all of then which is another thing I can't understand why. 

Looking forward to this features in the next update, thank you in advance!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.