Rearrange or customize Charge 3 & 4 apps/stats view/Today

I'd really like the ability to rearrange the built in apps on my Charge 3. The app I'll use most often is the Weather, which is on the last page! I have to swipe a bunch to get to it. The next one would be the timer app, which is on the second page. The most frustrating part is that on some of the help pages, the images show the apps in a different order! I've spent ages trying to figure out how to adjust it.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

545 Comments
CarlosSF
First Steps

I loved my Charge2 and bought the Charge3 as soon I heard about it. The new screen is nice, but the inability to customize my home screen is a deal breaker. I use calories as a measurement of my activity during the day (weight lifting and the stationary bike does not require many steps). I know the calories measurement is not super accurate (most likely why you buried it 2 levels deep in the first place) but I liked it. I like seeing the numbers; that's the reason why I stuck with fitbit and never switched to the stupid "fill your rings" thing from that fruit company. If I can't customize my screen or get some indication that its a future feature Im going to have to return my charge3 and go back to the charge2.

beanmom
First Steps

This is definitely a must. I automatically assumed it had this feature and soon after syncing my new charge 3 with the Fitbit app I went in to make the change only to be disappointed.

DaveS3
Runner

Totally agree.. apps on the charge 3 should be reorderable by the user. Would be much better.

Lucy78
First Steps

I’m really disappointed. 

I was sold my charge 3 as an upgrade to my Alta HR, but it doesn’t have anywhere near the same degree of customisation and no date either.

The importance of particular records is a really individual thing and the ability to tailor the device to want you wanted to see was great. 

Please,please,please update the charge 3 to enable the customisation of the tiles on the device itself or stop referring to it as an upgrade, which aside from water resistance, it really isn’t!

DanWallace082
First Steps

Hi, just upgraded to Charge 3 today from a Charge 2, yes I would like to change the order of tiles on the Fitbit itself when I swipe ‘up’ on the home menu, calories is near the bottom but I want it nearer the top!

dolkensp
Jogger

From my view (in line with many views expressed here), there are a few improvements that are needed to the UX/UI:

• Watch face need the date on them, or at least we need to be able to pick ones with a date
  • Customize which stats are visible on the watch face, and in which form, for example:
    • My current watch face has Step-Progress, Time, Heart Rate.
    • I'd rather Step-Count, Time+Date, Heart Rate.
    • Alternatively, you may just need more available watch faces, or a face-builder where we can design our own online.
  • Customize the order and visibility of all apps (I am only interested in steps/sleep/heartrate and timers/weather - others want calories, exercise, etc)
  • Set a "shortcut" to use by holding down the button (e.g. Start Timer, Start Exercise, Start Relax App, etc)
  • Allow a "tap" gesture to cycle through your vitals, mimicking the behavior from previous charge models
ddolan
First Steps

Tile organization and/or deletion is common sense for a "smart watch". Fitbit is capable of better, please hear what we are saying. Good  tools, but some basic fixes are needed. Thanks for listening to the users.

Geofx4
First Steps

It would be nice to have the ability to delete or rearrange apps with Charge 3. Don’t use relax so I’d love to remove it or put it at the bottom of my list.

DL1990
First Steps

I think this device was made to make our lives better, not cause frustration. As everyone else has said, we each have different preferences and different goals so it would be nice to have the ability to order/remove what we need for the best experience possible. It’s not a positive experience when it is easier/faster to get out your smartphone to check your stats instead of scrolling through the clunky options on your wrist.

Mr_Magoo
Jogger

Have just upgraded from Fitbit charge 2 to Charge 3 SE to be able to have Fitbit pay.

Really disappointed to find my ability to enable / disable functionality has been removed and now it displays info I'm not interested in.

Add & remove to be replaced with a firmware update.

Also in Fitbit world is there any reason why on the clock face selections days do not exist like in the rest of the world.

Mon, Tues, We'd for example ???????

kostax
Base Runner

Please implement the best features of your previous products (Alta HR & Charge 2) in an update. The lack of customization with the Charge 3 is making me hate this device. The Alta HR & Charge 2 were nearly perfect devices except for the fact they weren't waterproof. I'm shocked that a newer, upgraded version of the Charge 2 is actually an inferior product.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed!  I'm not sure why every new fitbit doesnt have the best features from other versions of fitbits. 

ColumbiaView
Recovery Runner

Even more vital to be able to remove unwanted stats and rearrange those left since newest update has useless items like water that isn’t even tracked by the watch. Come on Fitbit, allow customization of stats stream!

Rcheesy
First Steps

Please add ability to rearrange apps on charge 3 - I use the weather app. Also please add feature to hide apps

ePeg
Recovery Runner

I agree that being able to rearrange and/or chose which tiles appear on the screen of the Charge3 is very important. I want my flights of stairs right or near the top of the list. I would like to omit others that I don't need to see until I'm ready to check my info in the app. I've spent endless time trying to find the method to do just exactly this! Come on FitBit! Fix it please!!

AnnemarieP
First Steps

I 100% agree. Have been a user of Fitbit for a long time, very disappointed to see I cannot change the order of the apps/tiles at all. Please fix this, it's backwards compared to Charge 2 and that doesn't make any sense!

Lange47
Jogger

I agree with the suggestion to be able to select/deselect and order stats. Please!!!!!

Fotor
Jogger

I use the clock face with steps at top and date on bottom.  I find the font chosen for the time (a very curly Serif) almost impossible to read for some numbers unless I am wearing closeup glasses.  This is a real pain, especially wanting the know the time when I wake up during the night.  Why not just a simple Sans Serif font like futura, etc?

Sharonalondon
Base Runner

@SantiR the comments clearly show that the ability to be able to customise exercises / stats that is available on other models is desired. It’s clear a number of people have bought new devices because of features which are not working on one device but work on others, I was given a Charge 3 as a gift for this reason as it was thought it would be an upgrade on the Charge 2 I had. 

Fitbit cannot be expected to include all features that every user will want but to sell devices as having features that don’t work or have new versions of devices with less functionality than earlier versions makes no sense to me or to others as one comment refers to a backwards step

Joiha
First Steps

I am so frustrated by this lack that I am actually returning my Charge 3.  I have no desire to have to scroll through 3 page of unwanted info just to see the one stat that I am interested in. 

I am also dumbfounded by the fact that you cannot change which stat is displayed on the main watch screen.  I always track distance, never steps, so only allowing the step count on the main page drives me nuts. 

VERY, VERY disappointed in the Charge 3. 

Noaimime
Jogger

Please provide the feature to arrange the tiles in our charge 3 tracker (steps, heart rate, sleep,...)

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Noaimime ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

derekmski101
Base Runner

+1

I want to be able to change the order of both the apps and the stats screens.  I would also like to remove or disable unused stats or apps to save from having to swipe through stuff I don't use.

em407
Jogger

I would also like to be able to rearrange the stats shown on the menu that swipes up from the clock face.  I do not want to see calorie or weight indications and currently have no option to hide them.  Being able to rearrange what's there would be extra-nice!

This may need another post, but I would also like to avoid seeing calorie information during or after an exercise session.  Given the number of women and others recovering from over-fixating on such numbers, I wish there was a comprehensive option to hide calorie and weight from all sections of the Fitbit app, as through a shortcut to change those settings across tiles, apps, and the main menu.

atomicsnowman
Jogger

The home screens on the Charge 3 (8 right now) are... not that great. I just got my 3 yesterday and I'm already very miffed that I can't tell the thing what information I want on my home screen.  All the screens should be customizable so that I can see the date, time and whatever stat I'd like.  It's three fields on really any of the available home screens.

BTW, 24 hour time ALWAYS has a leading zero, which is missing from some of them.  It's not "six hundred hours", it's "O-six hundred".  Please fix.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.