Recovery time after exercise

Having moved to an Ionic after my Microsoft Band 2 broke, there is a metric which I really miss. Upon completion of some exercise, run etc., the Band 2 gave me a recommendation on a suitable recovery time before my next exercise. Although I do not know how this was calculated I did find it helpful and was actually worth adhering to as I found if I ignored it and exercised too early my performance was less than optimal.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Henz47475. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

UrmiA
Keeping Pace

Yes! I wholeheartedly recommend incorporating this metric. Coming from the Polar ecosystem I really miss this metric... it helps working out become safer and prevent burnout and overuse injuries.

NetworkKnight
First Steps

The lack of this feature almost made me buy a Polar watch instead. It would be definitely be a great addition to the app.

NoviceJogger
First Steps

It would be nice to have the recovery time feature added just like Garmin Connect.

nvoss
First Steps

I agree - thinking of switching to Garmin after using Fitbit for 5 years just to get this metric

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I wish that my Fitbit were able to predict needed recovery and adjust my daily goals based on recent exercise or activity.

I need recovery time and I wish my Fitbit would anticipate the need

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner! This is a fantastic idea, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support. See you around!

swaslawi
First Steps

I am looking for this feature (recovery time after excersise) .. it is very important for me and I come to know this feature available in Garmin.

swaslawi
First Steps

I need recovery time after excersis to optimize my workout

Nitin87
First Steps

Interval training as of now can be set on minutes but there is no feature to set the distance of interval training eg if i want to do 1 km loop with 1 minute gap then i can not set 1 km in fitbit. I can only set how many minutes in one interval and resting period. It should be on distance as well.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nitin87! Thanks for sharing those ideas.

We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

Recovery time after exercise

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Shwetha
First Steps

Yes please, after a run its important to know recovery time before start of next one...TIA 

alxion
Recovery Runner

i saw it too on samsung watches and I was very impressed. it is a great idea for me to be able to know, based on the intensity of the exercise, when i will be ready for the next exercise. it doesn't seem very difficult to implement this option. 

Kaltii
Jogger

Miss this feature too. Please release a recovery time advisor. 

absint0o
Jogger

This is a great suggestion!

Xdools
First Steps

Has this suggestion been actioned yet? I’m running a charge 3 and I want this metric so much that if not actioned soon, sadly I will move back to another platform.

afletch777
First Steps
After exercise it takes a certain amount of your time for your body to "recover" and bring your heart rate down into normal range. I would like to better know what that time is and track it. This can be a measure of how fit a person is.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @afletch777, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track your recovery time after exercising with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Punkrog77
First Steps

Hello,

I would also find this useful - being advised on recovery time before my next exercise.

I saw a friend have this on her watch this weekend, and had envy!

Is this option available yet and, if so, how do I access it?

Thanks

Orangeblune
First Steps
Does anyone know if there‘s already a Fitbit-product which can tell you how long the regeneration time after a workout is? Or if it is planed?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Orangeblune, thanks for sharing this suggestion about seeing your recovery time after a workout on a Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Orangeblune
First Steps

I‘m thinking about buying another product from Fitbit, but since the recovery time is still unavailable, I have to change to another provider.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.