Add new goal weight without overriding the last one.

Sometimes when you start losing weight, you create a small goal weight.  Once you reach it, you add a new goal weight.  It sucks when you create the new goal - and that overrides your last one.  So instead of seeing ALL the progress made, you see the new one.  I have lost 50 pounds and my Fitbit shows I've lost 5 because I created a new goal?  People like to see their progress.  Create a feature to show new goals or additional goals - don't get rid of a SUCCESSFUL goal because a person creates a new goal!

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

9 Comments
Axo
Jogger

I like this idea, although this is common sense and should have been how this functioned by default. I’m baffled how hard it is to change a goal weight or start a new one and erase the old.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about seeing the previous goals when you create a a new weight goal.

gtg947h
Strider

It can be edited and reset but it's a real pain in the butt... had to do it to mine, too. 

You should be able to change the weight goal and your calorie deficit without resetting the entire weight loss system.

johnson1082
First Steps
Thanks - bur how?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
mcm0852
First Steps

Being able to change your goal weight without erasing your progress should be a basic capability. I just don't get it. You lose tons of weight then you say, "Gee, I'm ready to get a little lower." And you start back at 0?!? What? That's crazy.

PacificaN
Recovery Runner

I agree!

I asked for this a few years ago- no luck yet....

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @johnson1082  and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

v45
Stepping Up

I would like to see this change also.  I have lost 30 lbs, after I was doing well I thought I would make my new goal even lower and now it shows I have only lost 5 lbs. 😞  That makes it frustrating when I would like to see my progress at 30 lbs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.