Support DD/MM date format on Charge 5

The new Charge 5 only has an American date format when set to an English speaking country, despite having an English date format for many non-English speaking countries. Please change the date format for the UK to DD/MM.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

283 Comments

Oddly, Which Consumer magazine in the UK has an article comparing the Charge 5 and the Apple Watch and I noticed the test picture of the Charge 5 has a date with the month DD-Mmm format, which is exactly what I'd want, but I cannot see that version of Continuum which is what I use and would like as opposed to the MM/DD USA version of a date.

Look at the Date!  DD-Mmm??Look at the Date! DD-Mmm??

kashiichan
Jogger

As said by others, including PerfectMike, this is a bug. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

guyre
Jogger

Having got my Charge 5 yesterday, I'm both disappointed and frustrated that there's a US format date on the device that cannot be changed. The box alone shows a non-US format so why is this not reflected on the device ? Fitbit, you need to sort this!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I got my Charge 5 a few days ago, I've had Fitbits for a few years now and can't understand (1) why this was missed in the first place and (2) why does there have to be a debate to have it fixed?    It it wasn't for battery life I'd have switched to Apple by now, seems like product is rushed to market with too many bugs.  It's taken me 3 days to get notifications working by toggling everything on and off various times.

Totally agree. I have been a Fitbit user for 10 years - using the device that just showed the flower petals for progress, its sad to see the company had developed into a large arrogant organisation, distant from its users and unresponsive to valid bug fixes like this. I will be swapping to Apple next time I renew device as I have also discovered Fitbit have no connectivity with iFit devices either, something I now use a lot and which seems to be connected to others but not Fitbit.
Richard_CC
First Steps

If fitbit is serious about being an international company, it should be able to quickly offer dd mm yy date formats - its the only product I have where that is not possible.  Just got the Charge 5 today, finding many frustrations with it, managed to change the time to 24h clock via the website (how un-modern is that).  In many ways though, an overwhelming disappointment.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit is owned by the world's largest IT, tech and data mining company.

Not having a dd-mm-yyyy format option is simply their way of saying: "we don't care what you think, or want.  Go swivel".

I'm wishing I'd kept the Charge 2

Next time I'm going for the Samsung Smart Watch which offers far far more, and doesn't patronise me.

I'd urge others to donthe same.

PamelaOD
First Steps

The Fitbit Charge 5 is an expensive activity tracker, without a basic function that most of the English-speaking world uses. I’m thinking of returning it! The arrogance or ignorance is appalling.

Jerningham
Recovery Runner

Why hasn’t anyone from Fitbit responded to this? I see a moderator gave a pathetic holding response on the 9th day of the 28th month last year, and even with so many people requesting this correction, nothing more from them!  According to my Fitbit we are now in the 16th month of 2022 so how long before they respond?

PerfectMike
First Steps

What are they even doing? It looks like their support is non existent. I thought charge 5 is their newest device...

I had charge 4 before and unfortunately this feels a lot like a step back. Issues with GPS, no altimeter, no weather, no agenda, clock app not staying on, always on display not respecting brightness setting, the list goes on...

Rover999
Recovery Runner
Hi, for what was supposed to be a flagship product, this could bring Fitbit down - it’s an expensive piece of rubbish!

Kind regards,

Paul Wright
Thurnbyhelen
Recovery Runner

@Jerningham  At least that made me laugh about it a bit!

TassieDonkey
First Steps

@Moderater What is the status of this localisation bug report (correct display of date is hardly a 'feature' for a watch)?

Is it in any roadmap? The work to fix this must be about is minor as any work could be. Imagine if it were the other way and Americans had to see the date in EU/Australian/Canadian format.

Siofme
First Steps

Hi,

Just got this Fitbit and couldn’t get on with the USA date format.

I changed the clock face to the Hexa one which shows the date as ‘06 March’ which isn’t as annoying as the 03/06 bit was.

Hope this helps people, hopefully Fitbit will eventually update so can change the date format to the correct one.

Nat-Sir-T
First Steps

Please fix this as a courtesy to those of us who do not live in North America.

Sonic1952
First Steps
Many thanks and have done that and now the watch has an ENGLISH clock face!

This American company should hold their head in shame for not bothering to update the original clock face!

Steve
VinceH21
First Steps

Hi All,

As many may have already noted, it’s not only the UK, but every other English speaking country that uses the DD/MM format. I’m Australian and I’d very much like to see this option available for my location. 

I only bought the Charge 5 today, and I’m off searching for how to change the format… the first thing I’ve done with it. That’s how important having this option is to me. 

Thank you for your consideration.  

PhilH_Syd
First Steps

FWIW, I ended up using the Slashed clock face, and I'm quite happy with it.  It shows the date as Tue, MAR 08

TassieDonkey
First Steps
I also just changed to a different face. It was just shocking to have a
product with the most basic failure in localisation.

I've moved on 🙂
Qaasid
First Steps

So what’s the latest on this? Just bought the Charge 5. The US date format is just gnawing at my brain cells. Any ETA on if/when this will get accepted?

DML100
Recovery Runner

Any update on this? Advertisements are misleading when they show a date of 01/01 which is what I saw when purchasing mine .

Qaasid
First Steps

@DML100 100% agree! That’s what caught me off guard too

Samd1991
First Steps

All I want is to be able to set the date as is displayed on the box and all marketing online I have seen for the charge 5!!!! DD/MMM example 23 OCT

Bluemini13
First Steps

I’ve just bought a Charge 5 and I’m very disappointed that the date is on US format… please can this be rectified for the rest of the world?! 

Hudlass
First Steps

Having the date/month the correct way for is pretty basic stuff - please fix. (Even this threads posts have it backwards for me!)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.