Tile to Track menstrual Cycle

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

265 Comments
knitonepugtwo
Recovery Runner

So integration is only available at the smart watch level vs. the Alta and HR?

BTW - CLUE has said it has had integration at least a year ago. Sadly, to me, this means I'll be looking at your competitors when my Alta gives up the ghost.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

So it's not available with my Fitbit Charge 2??

that means you haven't really provided what EVERYONE on this thread has been asking for since it was first posted IN 2014 For Christ sake!!!..... Menstruation is a part of a woman's life and should be included in the app! My charge 2 is only a couple of months old I'm sure as heck not gonna go out and pay that much money for a Iconic to track this......

Rentaduckie
First Steps

Are you kidding me? A third party app that isn't even available to anyone without a smart watch? I cannot believe this. 

DCMom2
Runner

Fitbit's CEO told investors they didn't sell enough Ionic watches, especially amongst women. Then a week later there's a sort of integration with Clue that's only for Ionic or "other smart watches. Oh, and the "mass appeal" Fitbit watch, aka Apple Watch-looking smaller device for ladies, is coming this spring. Coincidence? If Fitbit can't put female health on its devices, why should females put Fitbit devices on our bodies to collect our data?

https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/fitbit-new-smartwatch-2018

PS, Kudos to Clue - A woman-founded company - for trying to work with Fitbit on HR data and ovulation.)

Dlee7256
First Steps
So, it’s only available on the smartwatch? Not on any of the other Fitbits?

Debora

Sent from my iPhone
Dillfin
Keeping Pace

This is absolutely ridiculous! I want this feature on my fitbit charge 2 in the dashboard not on a smart watch! If I wanted a smart watch I would have upgraded to an apple! 

Ardilla
Stepping Up

Thanks @LizFitbit for your update on this. Sounds like great progress!

I'm wondering though whether this is compatible with my Charge 2? Or is it just the more advanced watches? I'd love to see it available to all of fitbit's products - after all, all people who menstruate care about their periods. 

Lopetto
Stepping Up

I am a man so I have no use for that feature. But my wife does, and my two daughters soon will too. 

I can’t understand why Fitbit wouldn’t want to completely integrate this feature. The market is huge and it would definitely be a great selling argument. You could also sell connected thermometers. 

No offense to the third-party app designer, but do you know which third-party app I use? The flashlight.

The suggested feature is too important to be relegated to third-party status.

RJFG
First Steps

A third party app? That's only available on Smart Watches (which I don't have).

Well That's Fantastic. 

I'm glad you're excited, LizFitbit, because I don't think anyone else is going to be. Honestly, this is a woeful response and an inadequate, half-arsed excuse for a solution.

This says a lot about how your business views women. You're happy to sell us stuff (smart watches) but clearly aren't remotely interested in actually helping us in any way.

Poor show.

Hread
First Steps

I have just watched a TV advert where Fitbit ate trying to flog their watches to Mothers for Mother’s Day. It may surprise you to know Fitbit, but Mothers also have periods and would like to have their health data all in one place, ie. the app for the expensive Alta HR watch they purchased.

If you want people to buy your product I suggest you listen to their concerns, and not take the mic by announcing something that you’ve not done yourselves, which is not available to most Fitbit users. 

I’ll be advising people not to bother buying a Fitbit and instead go for an Apple Watch, as you clearly do not care and don’t want our money. 

RynJaneway
Jogger
Agreed. i have the Charge 2 as well.. this should of been available to
all Fitbit Dashboards.
Mascha
Jogger

Hi. I love my charge 2 and the app. I like to see how my sleep influences the way i eat and therefore my weight for example. However, I find it incomprehensible that there's no option to track the menstrual cycle and how is connected to my weight. I think that's a huge and pretty sexist oversight and i would appreciate a fix to this. Thanks for reading!

burns_erin
Tempo Runner

This isn't clear, will this be available to all users or only those with smart watches?

https://blog.fitbit.com/female-health-tracking/

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Page75 and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released! This new in-app experience (also available on-device for Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa smartwatch users) is designed to help you learn more about your menstrual cycle—and your body—so you can better understand how it affects other aspects of your health and fitness. You can find out more here about this feature  here on our blog. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

Other female health tracking apps are also available from third parties and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available.

JennyLynnet
Recovery Runner

I know this has been posted before,  but the posts are older. 

Please add a tile to track menstrual cycle.  It could be done with the RHR as a predictor of the fertility window and bleed. The user could then input their actual results, including output (spotting, light, heavy,  etc.), pain, mood,  body temp, or other symptoms. 

Thank you! 

Jenny

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.