Compare stats over time eg. Today vs This Day Last Year

I have been using fitbit for several years i would love to, go up against myself by showing me what i did last year on this day so i could beat it.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

22 Comments
Macstar109
First Steps

A feature to compare current days steps to prior years, such as “on this day in 2016, you stepped 13,000 steps”. And challenge yourself to beat last year’s goal each year, thus making you more physically active year after year 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Macstar109 ! We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful. It would be very interesting to see what we were doing today a year ago and see if we can beat ourselves showing improvement. I like this idea. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

lizd1348
Recovery Runner

great suggestion!! who doesn't like to better themself!

Cwtch49
Jogger

I like the idea of looking how I have improved (hopefully) or even if regressing.  I work in an office environment, and find it a great source of reminding me when I haven't moved.  But I've also changed my job, so would be good to know if a new job was better of worse for my health so to speak

ALittleBitNadia
First Steps

This is such a great idea! Would love to be able to compare and see (hopefully) improvement!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

WannaLoseWt
First Steps

Really need this option.

JohnsonH
Recovery Runner

Awesome idea! 😃

rickyagodich
Recovery Runner

I'll up this idea not only with "last year" but last week/month/selectable-day. My exercise routine is weekly, so seeing how my activity today compared with what I did last week would be very useful.

Amanda1210
Base Runner

I've been a FitBit user since 2014-- and the insights FitBit provides has remained virtually unchanged. If I wanted to compare my average runs per week, distances, or paces the only way for me to do so is to screenshot something recent and scroll back (a painful process in and of itself) to see how it compares to a similar run. Yesterday I ran a 10 mile race with my sister who tracked her run via Runkeeper. When she completed the run, Runkeeper told her it was her third longest distance ever ran, her fastest pace for that distance, and some other insights on how she has improved over time. FitBit gave me my mile splits....per usual.  I know there are the dashboards in the app, but its all plain data and no insights. In my opinion, FitBit has been radically outpaced in this area where it should be on the leading edge.

Is this an area we can expect new features from FitBit? I'd love to keep my FitBit devices for tracking more workouts, but there's real value in switching to even just a phone based app. Smart watches and apps are getting better at fitness tracking and FitBit doesn't seem to be getting any smarter 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amanda1210 ! Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. I hope it will get many votes.

Debbiedeb332
Jogger

I can see badges and milestones for last two years however, it would be nice to see last year on this date on same page as today's results because I feel like I'm doing the same work but not getting same results.   I had to go back and forth and it would be convenient if same day last year could be viewed on the same page

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Debbiedeb332, thanks for explaining why you would like to see this option in your Fitbit account. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

RobsIT
Recovery Runner

It would be nice to have a comparison to the previous year.  I understand that some data may not be available due to new features or a new device but where the could be an asterisks where that needs to be noted.  I've had a fitbit for years and would like to see my progress or lack thereof over the years.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RobsIT, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Bradcore
Recovery Runner

This is something I would absolutely love to see for many reasons. I could compare my heart rate or sleep to understand better how it's improving or getting worse. I could compare my steps to see if I'm getting better. I could see if I'm running more than before. I could get a much better handle on my health by seeing where I was at roughly the same time last year or the year before.

Bartfliet
Base Runner

Great suggestion. And not just to the  year before, but just a way to easily compare things that are...well, comparable. Like let me line up several runs next to eachtother, or with an overlay. If I run the same track several times, let me put those on the same scale so I can see how much I've improved, or not. Strava already does this pretty well. I don't understand why this isn't a feature yet.

Basically, at the moment there is no easy way to compare anything to anything for activities. You have no easy way to see if you're progressing, which is kinda the point of a fitness watch, no? 

fitidea
Jogger

This feature would be amazing! Please let me know if i can help make this happen as I'd love to be a beta tester?
thanks,

apoufortin
Jogger
I record all activities I do with the specific Exercice Type of my watch. The problem is, there is nothing that can be done with this data once the activity is finished. I would love to be able to see how far I ran or biked this year (and compared to last year). Did I have a better cardio? Did I do more runs? Were they longer? Etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @apoufortin, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to compare stats over time. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

sarcazm
Strider

This is also crucial for those of us with medical conditions, on medications, using mobility devices, etc.  MigraineBuddy lets you do this.  It is kinda ridiculous that I have all this collected on my watch or in the app and can only view certain data on the app (in Premium at least) like Health Metrics for 90 days, and for that data have to view things by week as opposed to hovering over the graphs to see which days things were out of range.  There should be calendar access to view things as you choose, and not just the data you can do that with on the website for things like steps, distance, calories, etc.  Also if the website has that functionality the app should too, and if the app has data it should be on the website also.   

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.