Edit/Adjust Macronutrients

Please give us the option to edit the macros in the app. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & labels

114 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Bigdogdza!

Thank you very much for sharing your idea with everyone! Let's see what other users have to say about it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be nice to be able to customize macros as of right now I have to use a different app for logging food and it would be nice to have it all in my Fitbit app.

CoachCherese
First Steps

I agree! Currently I use MFP to track my personalized macros. Since I have more freedom to track the calories and macros that I want there I feel more inclined to use UA apps and devices than FitBit so I can keep everything in one place. I usually try to stay with one developer so there's greater consistency so I'm hoping FitBit will implement this feature in the near future. 

23mako
Jogger

Please allow for the ability to change macronutrients to fit users nutrient needs like low carb 

23mako
Jogger

Please allow for the ability to change macronutrients to fit users nutrient needs like low carb 

Xandy
First Steps

Yes, please allow us to edit Macros in percentage and grams. I currently use a different app for this and have stopped using fitbit that often. 

DEFINITELY SUPPORT THIS FEATURE REQUEST!

I would also like to know my daily breakdown in grams instead of just percent. Doing the caluclations myself takes away from the convenience of using an app to track this. I’d like to be able to set a goal and see a detailed breakdown if I clicked on each macro category (ex. Click on carbs to see how many grams of fiber or sugars I had and if I met the goal I set for each). Since the foods being entered have the full nutrition label information, can there also be a section for micronutrients added? I like to confirm I hit my goal for certain vitamins and minerals.

Andygarza1
First Steps

Currently when I adjust portion size the calorie count adjusts accordingly; however the macronutrients DO NOT. Example: an apple has 40 calories and 22g Carb. If I enter 1/2 an apple the app shows 40 calories and 22g Carb. Please build this into next app update. ...and while you're at it consider showing a roll up in total grams instead of percentage. Since grams don't adjust according to portion size it's useless anyway. 

Regitze
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to add the macronutrients manually like we can with calories. Maybe even be able to add them along with the calories.

Status changed to: New
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Andygarza1! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Andygarza1
First Steps

*meant to type, "an apple has 80 calories and 22g Carb. If I enter 1/2 an apple the app shows 40 calories and 22g Carb"

Calorie count reduced with portion size but carb count does not.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

FitFlower
Jogger

I think it would be great if we had more freedom to play with our macros on the app. Instead of just seeing the macro % the actual grams of each macro, looking at the different aspects of each macro (I.e. trans fat versus monosaturdared or polysaturated, sugar alcohols, etc), would be useful for those of us in more control of our fitness and on strict pre competition routines. Also being able to add macro goals and such.

Miriam85
Recovery Runner

I know from reading comments on the nutrition article that I am one of many looking for this option. 

We would LOVE to have the ability to adjust the macronutrient percentages. Some people follow higher carb diets, some aim for high protein and high fat with low carb. Adjusting the percentages would allow is to see where we've gone over or not yet met our goal; and where we need to improve in the following days. 

It would also allow is to tweak the percentages to find which combination works best for our body and keeps us at our selected goal of gain, maintain or lose weight and maintaining or improving fitness. 

JessIsReady
First Steps

Agreed! Many coaches and trainers provide clients with custom targets for macros and as of now they have to use a different app/site to do so. Would be great to have here as well.

Bijal.P
First Steps

It would be really good if you can have an edit button to customise individual Macros and in grams and not percentages (or both) to making targets easier to reach for most people on a training plan.....on both iPhone and Aanroid

Stephcm
First Steps

Yes please! I am losing my mind here wanting to be able to set Macro goals and all i see are the percentages. I want to be able to set a goal and be able to tell if I'm exceeding any of those. With my workout plan its much more complicated that just Calorie intake....in fact I don't even care about counting calories. Just the macros so this would be a huge help!!!!

Andygarza1
First Steps
I’m with you on that type of goal setting. I have specific energy (calorie)
*output* goals which Fitbit does a good job in tracking for me. However as
far as tracking *intake* macros I had to download a DIFFERENT app. I use
that one to input food intake - similar to Fitbit - but this other app
adjusts the macro intake according to the overall serving size I have
eaten.

That is what I asked Fitbit to do and they have failed to respond with a
(simple?) programming update to their app. I actually prefer to use Fitbit,
but for now am forced to use two apps to monitor and achieve my goals. I
purposely did not mention the name of the other app out of respect for
Fitbit; after all, this *is* their chat.

Good Luck
--
Thanks,
Andy Garza
Glassdrow
First Steps

That would be a very useful feature. It's great that the app can offer a visual for macros, but if it isn't adjustable to the user's needs, it's just a space and program waste.

Airdra
Recovery Runner

Yes please!

awbrown
First Steps

The question I have is whether there is a product development team in place as it seems that this app hasn't undergone any useful updates since I have been using over the last couple of months. 

The lack of features around macros is surprising in comparison to MFP.

At least support the connector adequately so that the data can sync with MFP from Fitbit devices/apps.

Andygarza1
First Steps
Completely agree re:updates in function.
Fitbit MUST be more than a device in order to stay relevant.

Thanks,
Andy
23mako
Jogger
It’s years not months
ModestMoxie
First Steps

For those of us wanting to follow a specific diet such at Keto, or even someone with specific dietary needs such as low sodium or low or high protein . It would be extremely helpful if we were able to set specific micronutrients we may need instead of having to use the standard suggested goals for each day.

Moderator Edition: Labels 

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @ModestMoxie! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.