Edit/Adjust Macronutrients

Please give us the option to edit the macros in the app. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & labels

114 Comments
KetoIsNeato
First Steps

Yes, please allow for setting macros in your food goals.  I hate having to use two different apps. MyFitnessPal is ahead here and doing it right. 

LMoes
First Steps

I really need to be able to set my macro percentages.  The diet I am on not only has a caloric intake amount, but also percentages for my macros.  Please add this feature!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

YES!  This feature is a must for a lot of us on specific dietary needs!!

Fluffie19
Jogger

Yes, please! As a new user, I was very surprised that adjusting the macros was not an option. Please add this function!

Grennellj
First Steps

It's been over a year since the first post was made about wanting to be able to adjust macros with no changes made! The first moderator comment was would see how many people liked or wanted this. And only moderator comments since are that moved so and so's post here to similar comments! I can only imagine the number of people that choose not to comment also! Really sucks that I have to use a completely separate app to be able to customize my macros that want to track! I paid $200 for my versa and ready to return and just spend the money on your competition b/c I can do this there!!!

kittykat_lp
First Steps

VERY VERY MUCH WISH TO FIX MICROS, FOR A LOW CARB OPTION... AND FOR MY BODY TYPE! 

Miriam85
Recovery Runner

I completely agree! I feel the exact same way about the topic in the female
health tracking board too!

Every single moderator just replies with something along the lines of,
"thanks for your comment, due to the similarity it has been moved to
another board, we try to take all comments/ feedback seriously, etc..."

It's literally the same rhetoric nearly every time on each of the 3
different boards I'm signed up to get alerts on. The only reasons I have
not switched to the competition is there are things I do like about the
Fitbit products themselves, I refuse to purchase a certain fruit brand 🍎
out of ethical and moral principals, + half the cost is just for the name,
and lastly I haven't been able to yet find one from a certain well known
GPS (emphasis on the G) maker or similar that I like as well with the same
features and in my budget. I have been looking though!

Trust me on that, and read/ hear that customer service themselves and board
moderators!

Even their personalised email response to my very well thought out and
detailed email, offering suggestions and help from my medical background
(for the female health bit) was given the same kind of answer and I was
referred to the board. Did they really think I had not tried the first?!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

NicoRenee
Recovery Runner

This is been requested for YEARS NOW.  How is there not enough "customer input" to "see what others think of it" to actually DO SOMETHING about this request?  So many other "apps" do this, I can't for the life of me figure out WHY this hasn't been incorporated.  Having to use multiple apps, when FITBIT has the capability to actually HELP their customers, is NOT a great way to achieve customer RETENTION.  Please provide an UPDATE to this particular request so everyone (from the past 4 years) will know IF they can ever expect this "update" to occur.  

Cassie30
Jogger

Hello Fitbit are you alive literally everyone is requesting you let us count our macros and be able to change them to specific needs. I have pku have to be on a very low amount of protein a day and cant use your program to keep food logged would love to be able to have one app but if it didn't monitor my workouts I would have ditched it by now I use My fitness pal to track it's not like you aren't able you just want to lose customers. Thinking of switching brands because of this. 

NicoRenee
Recovery Runner

Moderators please provide an update to this particular years long request and how does one "vote" for a request.. I always see the common reply to vote for something to get someone to listen... how does one "vote".. thanks.

Aenlow
Jogger

Yes, I would like to be able to enter just calories and macros. I do a food deliver service for some meals and they provide the overall calories, protein, carbs, and fat. I'd like to enter those numbers from my delivered meals, rather than having to add individual ingredients. These are prepared meals, so it's impossible for me to get the ingredients down accurately.

SLJS6
First Steps

Yup, I've been advised by my personal trainer that I need to check the macros and he's given me 40, 40, 20 which is different on my Inspire HR, so I am a little frustrated as bought the FitBit to help me get slimmer ...

Jlaustse
First Steps

Has this feature been added? It would be great to set macro "goals" or limits in Fitbit, not just for tracking but for notification when you're over/under your goal.

Fitsunshinefit
First Steps

Not sure how to vote for everyone else’s comment, but I would vote for you all if I knew how!!

please Fitbit, add in personalised macros in grams to the food diary on your app. It would greatly enhance your appeal to new customers, and retain existing ones. MFP recently changed their display and it’s very awkward. You could now out do them! Great opportunity for you!

dominoesv
Jogger

I too need to use a separate app to log food so that I can have personalized macronutrient percentages. It would be so much better to have them in the Fitbit app!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yep, I'd even pay for the upgrade if they would improve the food
tracking/portion adjustment.

--
Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

NicoRenee
Recovery Runner

Moderators , WHERE DO I VOTE FOR THIS? 

Jl1006
First Steps

I’ve been adding benefiber to my diet and when added in the app it adds 4g of carbohydrates. Dietary fiber should be subtracted from total carbohydrates. Therefore, only one carbohydrate should be noted. The app doesn’t do this. Although I can add dietary fiber when food added as “custom”. It still shows as total carbohydrates. It would be great if it could track this properly. I know keto is the latest dietary plan out there that limits carbohydrates and would be helpful to those following it. 

Craig247
First Steps

This seems like a no brainer, not everyone has the same dietary needs and goals. The ability to adjust macros is a much needed feature. 

LaurelSw
First Steps

Yes please!  Right now to do this I have to use another app.  I would rather have all my fitness and nutrition in one app, but the macro grams and percentages that are preloaded do not match my nutritional goals.

mariac1210
First Steps

I've only recently got the Versa2, I got this to track my sleep/exercise/calorie deficit AND MACROS in one app rather than using multiple services. I assumed, and my bad I should have checked that it was a feature, but I took it as a given that I could track my macros with the FitBit app, so many other apps offer this feature and reading through the posts here it seems clear that it is wanted by the FitBit community so I do wonder why they aren't being listened to?? Whatever happened to "what the customer wants...."? Especially when there is such a hefty pricepoint where other FREE apps do this as default. 

JWood257
Jogger

Well for about 2 years people have been asking to Edit/Adjust Macronutrients  and all the moderator says is

"Thank you very much for sharing your idea with everyone! Let's see what other users have to say about it."

Other users have been saying something...now it's your turn.

Other trackers I used had that feature but I figure with a new FitBit I log everything here.

Please just add the option.

Stewartl
First Steps

I believe I read that Fitbit food tracker does not adjust the macros; ie Fat, Protien, carbs... to coincide with the potion size I actually ate as opposed to the portion size specified on the product. If this is so it is a huge problem if I eat 1/2 the portion size on the product but end up with double the macros. This needs to be changed.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Stewartl, thank you for your comment.

The Food Tracker was developed to coincide with the portion size specified on the product. In case you eat half the portion but log 1 portion, the macros won't show the right numbers.

Could you please log food on the food Tracker and let us know if you see anything wrong?

TJohn86
First Steps

Has anything come of this?

This feature would be very useful as we learn more about nutrition and how to customize for our personal goals.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.