Edit/Adjust Macronutrients

Please give us the option to edit the macros in the app. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & labels

114 Comments
rdmains
First Steps

Yes yes yes please add this feature. I have to use MFP in addition to this to be able to accurately count my macros. I think that is ridiculous.  Fitbit does syou up to it, but it doesn’t get the macro count from MFP. Fitbit doesn’t even come close to what I need for my keto lifestyle. 

Andygarza1
First Steps
I’m in the same boat; I ended up using two apps, Fitbit for activity and
weight tracking and an additional app for daily macronutrients tracking.

Sure would be nice if Fitbit would make the SIMPLE App updates to adjust
macronutrients intake according to serving size.

Response Fitbit??
--
Thanks,
Andy Garza
mattcooper85
First Steps

Agreed,  most PT's / Nutritionists adjust macros to help achieve specific goals.  Please add this Fitbit.

Cappybaer17
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to customize macronutrients goals, I'm doing keto and am currently using a different app to track food. It would be nice to be able to use 9nly fitbit for my needs. 

Andygarza1
First Steps
Ditto. I'm using Carb Manager for nutrition intake and monitoring. Works
well BUT would like FitBit to do same so I can use it for everything...
diet,exercise, etc.

Thanks,
Andy
Dana_na_na
Jogger

I would love for fitbit to have customizable macros as well! I'd really like to have fewer apps on my phone and exclusively use fitbit, but with how things are right now I'm using three different apps for things that fitbit "should" be able to do. Sooner or later another fitness app and device is going to come in that meets all of these requirements and fitbit will become obsolete. 

lissa1756
First Steps

Please update app so macros information will update as the serving size of the food is changed. This is very frustrating to be aiming for low carb intake, but not be able to tell with the fitbit app if it's been achieved.

lashack
First Steps

Dear fitbit, I see there has been interest in this topic going back to 2015. Have you all done anything in the last 4 years to update the app's Macros feature? Macros should be customizable instead of giving percentages and suggesting broad ranges - everyone is different and has different goals.

Andygarza1
First Steps
Come on Fitbit.
We love you but you gotta step up.

Thanks,
Andy
CaliPrincess
Keeping Pace

I just recently started tracking my food with Fitbit but then I soon realized that I am unable to adjust my macros. Why write an article about tracking macros if we aren't able to set them to our desired specifications, especially if we're training and trying to reach a goal. Please, please update this feature!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please allow edit of macros as I use MyFitnessPal to track this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Custom macros need to be a thing!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

We definitely need to be able to customise our own macros and calorie goals. I have goals which I know work for me but how the app is currently set up I am not working towards them. 

Sinanju
First Steps

I totally support this idea. I think it is about time that the Fitbit app aggregates more features and stop been a half-baked app.

mountt
First Steps

I support this request! I follow KETO and have had great success over the last year on it. I'm disappointed that my new Versa is unable to customize the macro options to suit my personal needs and choices.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Coming back to bump this up again.  I have been recently diagnosed with severe kidney issues and need to track my salt, sugar and protein intake to very specific levels.  Come on fitbit!

mac12421
First Steps

@LanuzaFitbit @YojanaFitbit @AlexandraFitbit We would all like an update on the macro app situation? Something other than, "great idea, let's see what others have to say." The Fitbit community is ready for some real answers and wants to know that the company is listening to the users. 

When you're looking at the food log in the web app, there's a handy summary box the day's nutrients such as fat, carbs, and protein. In the mobile app however, there is nothing. So if I'm tracking my carbohydrate count for the day, I will typically enter it into the phone, then have to log onto the web app in order to see the actual number. This breaks the mobile experience. Before you can even begin working on my suggestion, you'll have to duplicate the web app feature into the mobile app. Got it.

But I want to give you something else to chew on for my suggestion: what if we took it a step further and allowed users both on the web app and mobile to track whatever nutrients they want? For example, I don't really care so much about fiber and sodium, so I remove them from display and add-in zinc and calcium.

This suggestion is singular, because it is a solution that will benefit multiple platforms at the same time. Thank you for your consideration!

Rmck00
Jogger

Excellent suggestion.

I dont use the web page so it is annoying that the mobile app doesnt have the same nutritional information with the ability to edit what you do and do not want to see.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @paco_hojaverde , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote! I also noted that you mentioned a second idea. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here is the link for another existing feature suggestion regarding macros in the app:  Macros in grams in the app as well

MN2391
First Steps

It would be great for those of us who count macros to be able to input our own personalized calorie/macro goals in the app, instead of having to use Fitbits preset goals.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @MN2391! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

tygrr01
First Steps

I just found out I am prediabetic, so I am having to change my macronutrient tracking. It would be really nice to have this option on the Fitbit so I don't have to use TWO apps to keep up with my health goals.

MamastA9997
First Steps

Would love to be able to have access to customizing my macros via the app or website. Much like the MyFitnessPal app. Although tracking helps, it would help Myself and maybe others alot with keeping to a % for certain goals.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MamastA9997! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.