Edit/Adjust Macronutrients

Please give us the option to edit the macros in the app. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & labels

114 Comments
Daryledjs
Jogger

I would love to be able to add Fiber to the macronutrients running total on my iphone app so that I could see how I am doing throughout the day.  I eat a low carb diet and that is important information for those of us that do.  Thanks for considering.

aee29445
First Steps

I agree with other users! I currently have to toggle between MFP and Fitbit to ensure I'm on target for my macros daily. I'm on the keto diet plan, so I'm consuming fewer carbs than standard.Thanks!

NJBAI
First Steps
Ability to customize your macros percentages in the app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NJBAI, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit/adjust Macronutrients. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as  "Under Consideration". You can also vote for this other suggestion: Choose type of diet for Macros.

I hope to see you around.

QueenWiggler
First Steps

Agreed. Its rather silly that we dont have this option. 

jojoearich
Jogger

While I love that you can see what you are consuming and percentages I also would love to be able to set my macro goals so that I can make sure I hit them. I always forget where my goals are honestly and take extra time to calculate them again and then I have to hope I hit them. With this app I don't ever seem to make my goals at the end of the day. 

KaktusJaque
Recovery Runner
Along with Carb Cycling, being able to set my own custom macronutrients would be nice too. A persons macronutrients match body weight, fitness level, age, height. One should be able to set these just like they can set their own Heart Rate Zones.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KaktusJaque, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of customizing or adjusting the Macronutrients on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Paleodad
First Steps

I 100% agree. We really need to be able to adjust macros and calories based on what we need. This feature is the only thing missing from this app. 

I feel adding this will put the app over the top.

If the creators need an incentive look at MyFitnessPal. Basic adjustments are free but more complex adjustments i.e. exact macros or calories you need to buy the membership.

kpiatt1
First Steps

I am using MFP to track my macros. Please, Please let us track custom macros! I would prefer to do it here in my Fitbit dashboard and not have to use a separate app. 

Notmare
First Steps

Sleep tracking is great and all, but this feature request is the one that that would keep me subscribed to Fitbit Premium. I want to be able to set target macros and be able to track where I'm at based on what I've eaten thus far each day. Please consider giving this some priority as I value this over any other premium feature and would like to keep this rather than trade it for something like MyFitnessPal's subscription.

AimeeCP
First Steps
Develop app so users can customize macros per food item and per meal. Seems a natural evolution of application. I want to balance my meals and snacks based on ratios that I want follow. There is no ability to customize macronutrient goals.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AimeeCP, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to customize the macros per food item and meal with us. Because I noticed a similar product feedback already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Cmartin97
First Steps

This is a duplicate of https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Allow-us-to-set-macronutrient-goals-and-show-us-ful...

merging these together would give this over 700 votes.  This would be a hugely helpful feature

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.