Edit/Adjust Macronutrients

Please give us the option to edit the macros in the app. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & labels

114 Comments
senoritasenor
First Steps

For as long as FitBit doesn't have the option to track macros, I'll be using my fitness pal. Its unfortunate we can't have this data in a fitness app...seems pretty darn basic!

Cmwodaat
Jogger

Yes please let us change macros! It is so frustrating! I have to use two apps so I can set the correct macro goals for bodybuilding or low carb. We’re pretty much all grown up and have lots of fitness knowledge. We don’t need the app to tell us what our macros need to be. It’s the thing I hate most about the app. 

Fluffie19
Jogger

Over 2 years since original post and still being requested. Fitbit, where are you?!

Lisha81
First Steps

Please allow us to edit macros!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi Stewartl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to adjust macro-nutrients on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

HollyNations
Jogger

I would love it if we could edit the macro percentages too. Us gals with PCOS can't handle a ton of carbs. Being able to edit the macros would be super helpful instead of having to use a separate app for this. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bigdogdza and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Jessicapadron
First Steps
I’m new to macro tracking and unsure how many grams (or percentage) of what I need per meal. Being able to set the goal percentage per meal and see per meal breakdown would be helpful to see how well I’m doing counting macros per meal somehow so I can see what I’m doing right or wrong
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jessicapadron, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see edit or adjust macronutrients. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here.

You might be also interested in these other suggestions: 

I hope to see you around.

Adam-N
Jogger
When a barcode is scanned to enter food being consumed, there is about a 50% accuracy rate on how often the nutrition info is correct. Everything from fat to calories to carbs is sometimes wrong. An option to verify nutrition info and correct as needed would he helpful.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Adam-N, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit macro-nutrients in the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

Kimballkakes
First Steps

2 years later and still can't edit macro goals? Come on Fitbit, it's 2020! I'd like to do away with my fitness pal and have EVERYTHING on my Fitbit app!

Louiseh26
First Steps
I would like to be able to track my specific macros, rather than the food plan only being focused on calorie deficits. I think there should be an option to personalise your macros and calories for tracking.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Louiseh26, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see edit or adjust macro-nutrients. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

T.Mizzle
First Steps
It would be so great if there was a way to mix ingredients in app, rather than having to do it on the PC dashboard. It also needs to be possible to re-mix ingredients at a later date (in case I make it differently next time) & change the weight of the entire meal at the end, in case I add water, etc., which changes the weight of the meal.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @T.Mizzle, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see edit or adjust macro-nutrients on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can also vote for this other suggestion: Ability to create meals on the app.

I hope to see you around.

DebbyDebby
First Steps

So glad I check in on this before upgrading to the Sense, I will now be looking to switch to a different platform.  I am working with a dietitian and definitely need this feature.  Back to MyFitnessPal for now.  😞

vdagg
First Steps

Along with everyone else,  would be ideal to be bale to track macros  and adjust them directly from   FitBit as opposed to everyone else. 😕

LycanWolf
First Steps
It would be great to be able to manually enter micronutrient information for all foods that you custom make. This will allow to help track if you are getting enough micronugrients.
Also, adding an option to input alcohol as well will be useful.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LycanWolf, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit or adjust macronutrients. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can also visit this other suggestion: Alcohol intake tracking I hope to see you around.

Amie0208
First Steps

I wish I would have checked to see if Fitbit allowed macros tracking prior to purchasing. It's a big deal. I just don't understand why years of requests by Fitbit users hasn't resulted in this being an option already. Very disappointing, Fitbit.

BobbyBell
First Steps

No brainer! 

Daniclai2021
First Steps

Also I wish we could choose which food tracker we wanted to view regularly on the app. For example, I frankly don’t care how many calories I consume because of a high metabolism, but I do care very much how much protein I’m getting. Having to hunt for my protein values in the app yet having my calorie intake shoved in my face is not beneficial to me whatsoever. For users who may be recovering or attempting to recover from eating disorders, a calorie focused system is harmful.

lisacurnes
Jogger

Agree with above.  I'm using 2 apps because I cant manipulate/edit macros and calories.  I dont want to link other apps, it costs more money to subscribe to 2 apps vs 1 app premium.   Please consider allowing users to edit macros and calories to be customizable and keep your other prescribed calories and macros for those that like this as well.

Thank you,

Lisa

hotstovehove
Jogger

i agree, using myfitnesspal is annoying when everything else is in my fitbit app. Its a simple feature update, just allow macro goals, therye already tracked 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.