Use HR and HRV to Monitor Stress/Anxiety (and suggest relaxation/guided breathing)

Use HR and HRV to measure stress level. 24 hour HR graph.
How it works: http://emvio.watch/

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

310 Comments
Strelniece
First Steps

Agree, HRV would be really beneficial. Or at least a possibility to import data from other app. 

livar
Jogger

Would make sense to have buzzings from tracker which advice to do a breathing session in case the heart rate went up and the owner doesn't do any activity (which means stress level went up).

ClutchGuy
First Steps

I would love to see an intuitive stress monitoring app allowing current level such as low, normal, high or meaningful icons and a daily weekly summary.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

nada29
First Steps

My friend has a Spire, which monitors her stress level and vibrates to remind her to take long deep breaths. I have a Fitbit Blaze and found this thread as I was hoping Fitbit was able to do something similar. This would be a great feature and would appeal to a larger audience.

mrphibb
Recovery Runner
What does a Spire measure to determine that stress level is high?
LineKernel
First Steps

hi , i ve been looking for a wile for a wristband that does inter beat intervals IBI , or R-R intervals , to do my own hrv app , thought bluetooth is ok but it would be even better if i could get that value accessible in a sdk so i can write my own app without phone . 

meanwhile i ll use your concurrent that has this value accessible though Bluetooth , but please let me know if you build this feature anytime soon , i m available on twitter @LineKernel

thanks in advance !

cheers from south france !

Grevlunda
Jogger

@ClutchGuy wrote:

I would love to see an intuitive stress monitoring app allowing current level such as low, normal, high or meaningful icons and a daily weekly summary.

Jillianne2018
First Steps

I'm working as a psychotherapist and I'm very interested in body-related treatment alternatives for psychiatric illnesses. We know already that an improvement in the hrv can help treating depression and anxiety. Until now I haven't found a possibility to measure the hrv easy, cheap and during all kind of daily activities. I insist therefore that the fitbit team gives soon the possibility to use the hrv-data already measured for sleeping-quality and relaxing-excercises. Also because relaxing-excercises just help us to calm down if we really influence the hrv. A lot of my clients do meditation and other stuff but have no benefit because they need another way to calm down.

As soon as you give us this possibility I would love to report from my experiences :0)

Vikramchakor
Jogger

Yes Fitbit should do it ASAP

@poganel wrote:

Use HR and HRV to measure stress level.
How it works: http://emvio.watch/

LIghtheart
Stepping Up

I agree. I bought the Charge because of the relax function. I would like to make much better use of it!

Kilt
Recovery Runner

Fitbit Labs has a moodlogging clockface app, where you can track retrospectively.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Juankarlo
Stepping Up

Thanks for reviewing 

JayJay_de
Base Runner

@fotomaf: same for me. 

I also switched from a different tracker to the New Ionic and really miss this feature. For me it is nearly on of the k.o. Features .. as from my standing I don’t just want to track „a run“ with this stylish wearable. I also want to track and improve my fitness and health over the whole day. ...for Sport Activity as well as  during the work/day (e.g. stress, needed movements during the office job etc.)

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. This could be very useful on Ionic! We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Stress management is possible through vibration therapy because of its natural ability to generate endorphins and elevate serotonin levels. There for I would like to suggest that you look in to making your product include a vibration feature. Thanks.

tara.drerup
Jogger

Yes! I would really like to be able to track my HRV with this! Have there been any updates?

Jeff1173
First Steps

Sadly no. It seems like software development is halted until the next product. They do minor updates but they are more focused on selling the latest and greatest than adding features or improving older (even 1 year old) products. Its really sad, not sure if I would get another fitbit product. 

Njy
First Steps
I agree. Next time I shall pick a competitor and not fitbit
Joied
Jogger
No, not that I know of.

Cheers
Joie
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Karaokekid
Stepping Up

I just voted for this idea. It would be great to have a stress tracker

Stephymathieu
First Steps

I see comments about this already, and would really appreciate it as a feature: alerts when your heart rate elevates and your body is showing signs of stress. The guided breathing is fantastic, but not something I think to do on my own often. When I purchased my Charge 2 I was so excited for the feature, because I thought it would remind me to breathe when I was too escalated. If we all thought to take a moment to breathe automatically, we wouldn't need such a feature... but unfortunately we're all used to being stressed all the time, so we don't. Love the products! On my third and am interested in the versa.. but would be even more interested if it had this feature!!

barry365
First Steps

Could you please add a heart rate variability feature to the heart rate section of the app so we can track this important biometric data point?

MikeinPoland
First Steps

Yes please

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.