Water Tracking on Charge 4

It would really be great if the charge 4 had the option to log my water from the tracker. I know it exists on the versa and other smart watches but it would be a really awesome and helpful feature on the charge 4 tracker as well just like you can track exercise directly from the tracker. Similarly, hydration reminders like reminders to move would be incredibly helpful. The two together would drastically increase reaching hydration goals. 

63 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stephie420 and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding water tracking on Charge 4. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

justintheheathe
First Steps
Add an app to swipe from the right (where Exercise, agenda, etc), click on "Track water" and have a scroll selection of water.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @justintheheathe, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track water consumption on Charge 4. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

jenlynn1517
Jogger

I thought tracking water was supposed to be a feature of the Charge 4. That's one of the reasons I bought it. I'm pretty upset that it doesn't work and neither does weight tracking on the wrist. It was in the press release though.

Samuel-B
Stepping Up
It is a pain to have to track my water intake by going into the FitBit app, and then tracking it there. I think that would be fairly easy to add a quick add option for water intake like the app has on the watch. Then when I drank water I could just click on my watch to log it, rather than having to go into the app to log it.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Samuel-B, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see water tracking on Charge 4. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Brirose
Jogger

I completely agree. I just got the fitbit Charge 4 after weeks of reviewing my options. One of the things I was looking forward to was tracking my water intake from the watch. I often finish a bottle and if my phone is not near by I forget to log it. Water tracker app for the charge 4 seems a lot simpler and more neccessary than a weather app. 

nu1988
First Steps

I agree. Would LOVE to be able to track water from my wrist! Reminders to drink water would be good too but logging from wrist very important to me!

physicalit
First Steps

Yes please!

It would be greate to add this.

Creekwalker
Recovery Runner

I would also like to see the 'add water via Fitbit Charge 4" rather than having to open the app.

Thank you.

ShanthiPriya
First Steps

It’s very disappointing that charge 4 doesn’t provide water reminder feature. This was one of the reasons I bought Fitbit. It would be really great if we could atleast get a reminder.

justintheheathe
First Steps
@YojanaFitbitAny update? I appreciate the moderator reviewing it... is there a better place to go and place votes than this feature request? A link to that request would let people who found this thread support the one that already has more attention
PapaMcEuin
First Steps

One more vote to actually be able to track water intake on the Charge 4 device itself.

ShaunaLeaJ
First Steps

Well, count me among the puzzled and adding a vote for the water tracking intake directly on the Charge 4. I just started on my Charge 4 and was glad to see the water intake icon - and then came looking for how to use it and found this thread. *sigh* It's on the tracker but not usable in a direct, quick way? Puzzling that it appears there, disappointing that it really is not easily usable. Please add/ correct/ update this feature.

AlexisN
Keeping Pace
After the 'novelty factor' of having a health-tracking ecosystem, most people won't bother to take their phone out, unlock it, open the app and navigate the interface just to log a single cup of water. Life is too busy for that. On the wrist though, two or three flicks, plus a tap and it's done – cup of water logged in 3 seconds.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AlexisN, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see water tracking on Charge 4. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

LinzWst1
Jogger

I currently have the Charge 3 & I'm considering upgrading after almost 2 years of use. The 1 feature that I'm looking for is to be able to do a quick water log directly from the wrist tracker. I often forget to log my water intake on my phone! This feature would be the deciding factor to upgrade.

Pika164
Jogger

Together with an intake reminder this would be a huge improvement!

Too much effort to look for my phone, unlock, open the app, and log one glass of water.

Getting a water reminder on my watch, directly walking to the water tap and while tapping logging the intake on ny watch > much better!

MainahF
First Steps

I agree with things said above.

When can we except to log water from the fitbit charge 4 activity tracker?

And also receive reminders for rehydration?
I am dissappointed this feaute is only available in the mobile app, why not in the tracker itself?

stevenhl
First Steps

I agree with the above.  Not the best user experience if one needs to open the app to track water.  Such a simple input ... seems like it should be pretty easy to enable directly on the Charge 4.  Thanks!

CledsonL
First Steps

Please add the “hydration reminder” on Charge 4. 

ZeldaS
First Steps

Completely agree that the Charge 4 needs a hydration reminder and tracker. Where I work we're not allowed phones with us (I work in a bank cash centre, strict policies). I sometimes forget to drink water or I forget to log the water I've already drank. 

LCpa
First Steps

My daughter has been looking for such an a feature and is now looking to purchase an Apple Watch just for that. Wish I could suggest a Fitbit to handle this simple task vs having to use a smart watch

JoroP
Jogger

I am also absolutely astonished that this is not a feature of Charge 4. Everybody who's used it for even one day would immediately arrive to the conclusion that logging water on the app is absurd and awkward. And the band already supports touch and even has a water indicator on swiping up but it's for some reason non-interactive. Why?!?

okinok
First Steps

I 100% agree. I assumed this was a feature and spent a lot of time trying to do it on my Charge 4 before googling for directions. It's odd that it isn't an option.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.