Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Female Health Tracking for Men

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! As a Dad, I was able to activate the Female Health Tile on my Versa and play around with it along with my daughter. Her Fitbit app is now setup. However, I have since removed the tile from my Fitbit app, but on my Versa, I have a Female Health Section at the bottom...

How can I get rid of this? 

Thank you!

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Fitbit Ionic adidas edition ¦ iPhone X ¦ MacOS
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 5/24/2018: While female health tracking is available for any Fitbit app user to access, it was not meant to automatically appear for male users and is hidden for male users in our latest Android app update, available now. Please ensure you are on the latest version. 

For iOS users, an update will be coming shortly. In the meantime, to remove the tile from your app dashboard, press ‘Edit’ at the bottom of your dashboard and click the ‘X’ icon on the tile. Thanks, for your reports!

@litetaker Hey! I'm happy to help you out.

I checked in with our Support team and noticed you already opened a case with them. I've escalated the case to the appropriate team so that they can assist you. Someone will be in contact shortly. 

If anyone else comes across this the only way for Female Health tracking to show up on your Versa is to first set it up inside the Fitbit app and have at least 1 period logged. After you sync, this data is available under Fitbit Today on the watch. 

If you no longer want it on the watch, please consider deleting all the info you have input for female health tracking. Once you completely remove the data you inserted and then sync again it will remove the tile from your watch. 

Our help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period? states: 

HOW CAN I SEE MY PERIOD INFORMATION ON MY FITBIT WATCH?

Note that to see female health data on your watch, you must set up female health tracking in the Fitbit app and log at least 1 period...If you don’t want to see period information on your Fitbit watch, delete all your female health data in the Fitbit app. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

@iChadman Hi, there! I'm glad to hear you got to explore our newest feature with your daughter. Smiley Happy

To help you out, I've gone ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Please keep a lookout on your inbox to the email associated with this account. Let me know if you have any questions for me in the meantime. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can the information be posted publicly? I'd like to get rid of mine too. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner good question. It's nothing you can do. They had to go into my account on the back-end and make a change. Then, it disappeared. I would reach out to customer service to fix it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like this to be removed from my Versa as well!

Best Answer

Hi! I am a male user and naturally I have no need for the female health tracking. But it is very admirable that Fitbit still wants to track "my period", whatever that is supposed to be. I now have this bit of info on my "Today" app on the Fitbit Versa, as seen in the picture.female_health.jpgI am trying to figure out a way to disable this but I have no idea how to do that. Can someone help me out?

Best Answer

Hi there! I am a male user and naturally I have no need for the female health tracking. However, somehow it got enabled and now I see it on my Fitbit Versa. It is very admirable that Fitbit still wants to track "my period", whatever that is supposed to be, but this is silly! I now have this bit of info on my "Today" app on the Fitbit Versa, as seen in the picture.female_health.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to disable this feature but I have no idea. Can someone help me out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's odd because you should have to set it up before you see anything. At least I had to. The only way to do it is contact support.

Maybe the Versa is different but it shouldn't be. I had to set it up on my Ionic before I saw it

Contact Support.

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @litetaker! I would go in and check your gender in the app settings. Even if it's set to male, try switching it to female, saving, and then switching it back.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Yeah so what I believe happened was someone in my household was playing around with the female health feature and accidentally enabled it on my account without meaning to. That's how it got enabled on mine. But yeah, you need to set it up before it is enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It should have been pretty hard to dig it out to set up in the first place.  They told us that it would be available somewhere in the settings for the sake of trans men and non-binary users who may need to track their cycles, but you are evidently cis.  Any idea how far the person in your household (a child?) managed to get into your settings? If you think this is a bug, could you add it to the thread I started for reporting bugs in this tile, which is in this forum?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 5/24/2018: While female health tracking is available for any Fitbit app user to access, it was not meant to automatically appear for male users and is hidden for male users in our latest Android app update, available now. Please ensure you are on the latest version. 

For iOS users, an update will be coming shortly. In the meantime, to remove the tile from your app dashboard, press ‘Edit’ at the bottom of your dashboard and click the ‘X’ icon on the tile. Thanks, for your reports!

@litetaker Hey! I'm happy to help you out.

I checked in with our Support team and noticed you already opened a case with them. I've escalated the case to the appropriate team so that they can assist you. Someone will be in contact shortly. 

If anyone else comes across this the only way for Female Health tracking to show up on your Versa is to first set it up inside the Fitbit app and have at least 1 period logged. After you sync, this data is available under Fitbit Today on the watch. 

If you no longer want it on the watch, please consider deleting all the info you have input for female health tracking. Once you completely remove the data you inserted and then sync again it will remove the tile from your watch. 

Our help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period? states: 

HOW CAN I SEE MY PERIOD INFORMATION ON MY FITBIT WATCH?

Note that to see female health data on your watch, you must set up female health tracking in the Fitbit app and log at least 1 period...If you don’t want to see period information on your Fitbit watch, delete all your female health data in the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Same issues here.  I am male in my profile, have never changed any settings around gender or ever gone into the female health section be to enter any data.  Yet I have a prominent female health button and messages about would I like to track my period.  This is a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Timcob, I assume you are referring to seeing it on your app and not on the watch itself?

Although the tile should only appear on the apps of people who have identified themselves as female, if it has somehow appeared on your app, you can delete it just like any other tile.  Simply click "edit" on your dashboard and remove the tile.

If it has appeared on the watch, then I would check the app and see if someone has logged a period.  In that case delete all period information and it will disappear from your watch once you have saved and synced.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I raised an issue with Fitbit support and they fixed the issue from their side and have removed female health tracking data from my profile. So, that is great as it is no longer showing up on my Fitbit Versa and in the app as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  When I click on edit it is only possible to rearrange the tiles on the display. It is not possible to remove any of them.  This on am androod app on Oreo.  Regardless my profile is set to male so the tile should not have appeared.  I have tried several times and it is not possible to remove the tile.  This is pretty basic stuff for Fitbit to get right.  Female tiles should not appear on male profiles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

If it has appeared on the watch, then I would check the app and see if someone has logged a period.  In that case delete all period information and it will disappear from your watch once you have saved and synced.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. That was the first thing I did and I still have it showing up in Today. Reading elsewhere the solution at the moment is contact Fitbit support and they will remove it from your account. 

EDIT: I tried the syncing for two days and got nothing, and just decided to give a tracker reboot a try today and that seems to remove it. So I guess you don't need to contact them as long as you remove all the data then do a reboot after a sync. 

Best Answer

Hi, @zerodameaon, I am glad you have it dixed.  As you have noted, you do not need to contact support.  If you delete any tracked periods you have entered on your app and then sync your Fitbit, it will all disappear.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on the phone forever with fitbit customer service and still could not get female health tracking deleted from my versa watch. Then I started fooling with the calender app for female health tracking on the phone app and figures it out. Now it no longer shows up on my versa watch

Best Answer
0 Votes