Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AccuWeather sync issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well once upon a time, AccuWeather did work. And I even have it showing me the weather in Kawerau (NZ). But over the last while, nothing, all I get is "Sync the Fitbit mobile app to update"

The app is up to date, on constant sync but nothing?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @thompsondc, it's nice to see you around the forums! Robot Very Happy Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience. Nice way to go!

If you're having trouble with AccuWeather App, see  How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. In this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to see if the app is or isn't working as it should.

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Carver3. I’ve noticed in the app’s description that Location Services need to be enabled for Fitbit in order for this app to work. On your iPhone, try going to Settings —> Fitbit. Then make sure Location is set to Always. Once you do this, sync your device. 

Please let me know if this works. 

Best Answer

@Carver3  I first want to say that I do not have All Day Sync on (don't need to know) and I know I have my Location Services on.  But TWICE I have had that same experience of getting that "Sync with the Fitbit mobile app to update", but one manual sync doesn't work.  I went through a series of restarting my Ionic, force quitting the Fitibt app, restarting my phone, and so on.  Finally got it to work.  The tough part is that the series of re-starts to fix it the second time wasn't the same as the first time.  Try the suggestions.

There is also a thread in the Ionic forum about the weather app.  You might want to check it out.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Weather-app/m-p/2635339#M47404

I have also had weird glitches where the app has my location weather, but dropped my other saved city.  Also, it lost my location weather, but kept my saved city and I made no changes on my phone settings.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So general update to all. my location for Fitbit is always on btb. This was fixed by:

1. Turn off FitBit app

2. Turn off Ionic

3. Have a coffee laced with whisky

4. Turn on Ionic

5. Restart app

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Location is turned on and allowed.  I DO have all day sync setup, so anytime my phone is within range of my fitbit, it should be getting the accuweather data too.  It does not.  For the last several days, the accuweather app on the Ionic says to sync with my phone and shows nothing.  However, my Ionic has synced at least several times each day, as I'm actively working out, and the data is showing up in real time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @thompsondc, it's nice to see you around the forums! Robot Very Happy Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience. Nice way to go!

If you're having trouble with AccuWeather App, see  How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. In this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to see if the app is or isn't working as it should.

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect ! It works well immediately when I turn the location on always. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here and for letting us know that turning on the location worked for you @ireneyeungRobot Very Happy 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

Thank you! Solved my issue.

Best Answer

Thanks for the straight forward direct approach. Been in IT for longer than I care to remember and should have known. However, I think I may have missed step three previously.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Carol-B, your location always fix worked for me. No reboot was necessary.  

Best Answer

Thank you! I’ve never changed my location and weather has worked for almost a year. I’ve had it on for almost a year now. Location services were set to use while using app. Don’t understand it, but you solved my problem, set yo always on now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am having an issue with syncing, when the weather app is downloaded.Have you had that issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this worked. I had it set to ‘allow when using’ which made sense to me; apparently not!

Best Answer
0 Votes