Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more banks to Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There has been several request for many years to put additional banks, specifically CIBC, available for Fitbit Pay.  When will others be added?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Scruntch  I'm not a Fitbit employee, so I don't know the answer to that.  I have a feeling that CIBC will never add Fitbit Pay.  Fitbit released Google Pay when it released the Sense 2/Versa 4.  CIBC is on the Google Wallet Bank List.  No one knows if Fitbit plans to replace Fitbit Pay with Google Wallet on other devices.  I might be wrong, but I think one user wrote that his bank dropped Fitbit Pay when it added Google Wallet.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Scruntch and welcome to the Community.  A bank makes a financial investment to participate in Fitbit Pay.  The bank decides whether or not it will participate.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the quick reply LZeeW.  I can appreciate that but wondering how often a request goes into the banks to participate. Annually?  Biannually? Every 5 years?  Ever?  When purchasing a new device, it would be nice to know if it is an ongoing request or not.  I would love your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scruntch  I'm not a Fitbit employee, so I don't know the answer to that.  I have a feeling that CIBC will never add Fitbit Pay.  Fitbit released Google Pay when it released the Sense 2/Versa 4.  CIBC is on the Google Wallet Bank List.  No one knows if Fitbit plans to replace Fitbit Pay with Google Wallet on other devices.  I might be wrong, but I think one user wrote that his bank dropped Fitbit Pay when it added Google Wallet.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer