Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code or QR code for entry to gym on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My membership card to get into my gym (LAFitness) is just a QR code on my phone. I have a PIN that unlocks it. It would be great to have that on the Ionic, just like my credit card on Fitpay.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Purrstachio Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the features you would like to see on Ionic.

Have you tried the QR Codes app that @Cantryboy suggested? 

I was checking the Fitbit App Gallery and was able to find another app called Barcodes which I think may be helpful for you:

BarcodesBarcodes

It says you can use gym cards with that one. Give a try and let me know how it goes!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I think their is a QR app...

qrcode.png

?
Best Answer

@Purrstachio Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the features you would like to see on Ionic.

Have you tried the QR Codes app that @Cantryboy suggested? 

I was checking the Fitbit App Gallery and was able to find another app called Barcodes which I think may be helpful for you:

BarcodesBarcodes

It says you can use gym cards with that one. Give a try and let me know how it goes!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Can we resurrect this topic plz? I, too, am trying to get my LA Fitness QR code to work  from Versa 2.

The barcode app will not work because it is a QR code and not a bar code. (Plus, the LA Fitness keys are too long - at least on the Versa 2) 

I cannot get Brian Ouellette's QR app to work either. The QR code it generates from my LA Fitness key comes up as UNKNOWN when I show it to the LA Fitness scanner.

Has anyone successfully cracked this yet?  If so, please share the how-to's.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Is it solved? I remember that LA Fitness uses a tag with bar code before I transfer it to the cell that use QR.

Best Answer

Your memory is correct and I have gotten nothing to work so far.  Would sure love to, tho.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, Susandennis 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem with the QR code app on my versa 2, the image generated is not recognized by the QR reader 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t work on Versa 3

Best Answer
0 Votes