Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Spotify really work on my Fitbit device?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can Spotify really work on fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and word choice

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MIKA000. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your question and just to confirm, may I know what Fitbit model you have? I'm asking this as the Spotify app is available on select Fitbit Smartwatches and trackers. If you have a supported device, I'd recommend the instructions described here to set up and control the Spotify right from your wrist.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @MIKA000. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your question and just to confirm, may I know what Fitbit model you have? I'm asking this as the Spotify app is available on select Fitbit Smartwatches and trackers. If you have a supported device, I'd recommend the instructions described here to set up and control the Spotify right from your wrist.

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 I've tried to pair my Versa to Spotify but it just isn't going to pair. But I really appreciate your response.

Best Answer

Hi @MIKA000 - Spotify can run on the phone, don't know but it may be possible to use the phone's builtin Music control to operate it fine on a Versa 2.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @MIKA000 and @Guy_.

@MIKA000 Thanks for replying back with the model of your Fitbit device. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you have tried the instructions described here? By not being able to pair your Versa 2, do you mean it's not syncing?

In the meantime, let's give a try to the following:

1. Forget your Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Tap your profile picture > Versa 2 > Gallery > Spotify - Connect & Control.
  6. Tap Settings to complete the Log in process. Also, make sure all Permissions are enabled.
  7. Open the Spotify app on your phone, play any song/playlist and check your watch to control your music.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I may know why it's because I don't have spotify premium. But still thanks so much for your help. 

Best Answer

@MIKA000-  as mentioned Spotify will run on the phone without Spotify premium, did you try the watch builtin Music controls>

It should work fine and you won't need the Spotify app or premium which has other advantages in that you should be able to control the music and do something else on the watch at the same time, which you won't be able to do with the Spotify app.

Can you confirm if this is correct on a Versa 2?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @MIKA000@Guy_ Thanks for your suggestions.

You're welcome, thanks to you for getting back with more details about this situation. While a Spotify Premium subscription is required in order to use the Spotify app on the Versa 2, as @Guy_ mentioned, you can always use the Music app to control the music playing from any app on your phone, including Spotify. To learn more about this feature, let me recommend this help article. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes