Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints about absentee developers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am disgusted. On several occasions, I have downloaded an app that will not work. I tried contacting the developers, but they either did not respond or the links were dead. I paid money for some.

Do I  have any recourse? Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jake7363  your post was moved to the Fitbit App Gallery forum area for more relevant responses. Have you read the article about apps? click to read.  

"Apps can be published either publicly or privately. Publicly shared apps appear in the Fitbit Gallery search results, and are subject to Fitbit review. Privately shared apps, which are typically used for developer testing, can only be found by clicking a direct link to the app. Only install apps from sources you know and trust, and be mindful of what data you share with third parties."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that it's a "buyer beware"  situation, but to me, that's kind of a cop out. There should be some sort of policing at some level.

Many questions arise:

- How does one find a reputable source? After all, there are no yellow pages.

- There are not a lot of options out there, unless I am missing some resource(s).

- What criteria is used to determine "reputable?"

You see, sometimes words are put together in an attempt to distract from weaknesses. I am sorry, although I appreciate your response, I don't believe it is sufficient to blame a user lack of due diligence for lack of policy.

Again,  thank you for your reply and your courtesy.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer