Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Versa to Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to connect my Fitbit Versa to strava.

Have completes the set up on the strava app but when I go onto the app on my Fitbit it comes up with go to strava settings on your fit bit mobile app to log in. 

What do i do?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Quitenorty you have Two unrelated things your checking in your message.

I think all you have to do is a sync of your tracker. 

1 The link between your fitbit/Strava accounts

2 Logging into your Strava Account on the Strava Dashboard on the tracker. 

OK I loaded this Strava app in question.

Logged into my Strava Account. 

I had to do this twice. 

• The settings cog now shows I'm logged on. 
  • Open Strava on tracker and I get the message to log into Strava. 
  • Back out of the Fitbit app on my phone to the dashboard. 
  • Drag down on dashboard to force a sync. 

Congrats! I'm now logged into Strava in the Strava App on my Versa 2

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Hello @Khloefitbut  you can link up your Fitbit account to your Strava account through the Strava App or though the Strava Web page.

The Strava Web page may be found here.

Click on connect device and choose Fitbit then follow the prompts.

Best Answer

I have already done this and followed the prompts etc. but on my actual fit bit device it still says  ‘ go to strava settings on your Fitbit mobile approach log in’

Best Answer

By what do you mean by your "Actual Fitbit is telling you", is this the Strava app on your Versa that your referring too? 

If so then go to your Fitbit app on the phone - tap the versa - then apps - tap the settings icon to the right of the Strava app. Log into your Strava account.

This app needs to be logged into your Schedule Strava account just like you need to log into your Fitbit account?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Khloefitbut. Hello @Rich_Laue.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @Rich_Laue As always, it's great to see you around helping other users.

I'd like to ask if you were able to get everything working correctly, @Khloefitbut. If it has not, please let us know so that we can continue assisting you with the Strava app and your Fitbit.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

I'm having the same issue, I've logged into strava in the fitbit app and also tried to connect fitbit via the strava app, but my versa 2 device still asks me to log into strava. If I open the fitbit app and the strava app, I can see I am logged in and the accounts are connected. I have the same issue with the Deezer app. What can I try? 

Best Answer

I’m having this same issue

Best Answer

@Ioana6754 and @Bondominator let's go to your list of approved connections. Does Strava show up as being Connected? This page has the different accounts that have been given permission to access your Fitbit account. 

This page has nothing to do with the Versa 2 Strava app. This app needs to log into your Fitbit account like the Strava app on your phone does. 

This is done through the Fitbit app, Account, Versa 2, Apps. Find the Strava app in the list, tap the cog to the right to get to the log in info. If it doesn't work, please include any error messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue...everything says it’s connected except when I try to open the app on my watch. It just says “go to Strava settings on your FitBit mobile app to log in” even though when I do that, it says it is 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

When you open the Fitbit app, Account, Versa, Apps, My Apps, scroll to Strava and tap the setting cog to the right. 

It is here that you want to log in. 

Best Answer

I have done that...it says I’m logged in. The Strava app on my phone says it’s connected to FitBit and vice versa, but I just can’t get it to work on my watch. 

Best Answer

Could we get some screen shots? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What screenshots would be helpful? The Strava app says “your Fitbit and Strava accounts are connected” and the Fitbit app says its authorized and logged into my Strava account

Best Answer

Yes this is about the connection between your Strava account and your Fitbit account and has absolutely nothing to do with the Strava app on your Versa which is simply a scaled down dashboard for your Strava account. 

Like the Fitbit app has to be looted into your Fitbit account, your Facebook app needs to be logged into your Facebook account. In the same way, this Strava app on the Versa needs to be logged into your Strava app. 

Open the Fitbit app, tap the top left corner to go to your Account Settings, tap the Versa. Tap Apps, search for Strava, tap the setting cog to the right and log into your Strava account. 

This login is just for the Strava app on your Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have done that and through the FitBit app, clicking on the Strava app, it says it is connected and logged in. The issue is that somehow it is not communicating that to my watch itself. I have reinstalled the Strava app on my watch and reset the watch, neither of which seemed to do anything 

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. Fitbit app on my phone shows that it’s successfully linked to my Strava account. Strava account shows that it’s successfully linked to my Fitbit. But when I click the Strava icon on my versa watch, it says “link account - go to strava settings on your Fitbit mobile app to log in”. Please can someone help? I bought my Versa today especially to use with Strava so this is really frustrating. 

Best Answer

As mentioned the sync between your two accounts have absolutely nothing to do with the Strava app on your tracker. 

The Strava app on the tracker is a desktop for your Strava account and like your Strava app on the phone, you need to log into your Strava account. 

Open the Fitbit app, tap too right, tap your tracker, tap apps, find Strava. Tap the setting cog in the right, now log into your Strava account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply Rich. I’ve been following the exact steps as per your screenshots - still getting the same message when I click the Strava app on my Versa. Do you have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I’ve got it working now, although not quite sure how! I logged out of my Strava app as when I tried to log in via the Fitbit app Strava settings cog it was automatically logging me in rather than asking for my password. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks

Best Answer