Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Versa to Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to connect my Fitbit Versa to strava.

Have completes the set up on the strava app but when I go onto the app on my Fitbit it comes up with go to strava settings on your fit bit mobile app to log in. 

What do i do?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Thanks for the idea...glad it worked for you! Still not able to get it to work on mine so would appreciate any other ideas anyone has!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact same issue!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still has not worked.  So frustrating. I really want to get it working before my next run

Best Answer

Any updates to this please? I've tried all of the options above, but still not connecting on my versa watch 😔😢

Best Answer

@Runner_D and @Nitabea what is it that doesn't work? 

Are you trying to get the Fitbit Strava dashboard app on the tracker to log into your Strava account? 

Or are you trying to get your Strava account connected to your Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and I have tried everything. So sorry now that I changed to the Versa 2.. 

Best Answer

Did you resolve your issue? I have the same issue and feel like I have completely wasted my money

Best Answer

go through the website on the computer I just spent the last hour getting fustrated trying everything it eventually worked by connecting through the  strava website

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK thanks ill try again... 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you trying to connect your Strava Account to your Fitbit Account, or do you you want to to get your Strava app on your tracker logged into your Strava account? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Trying to connect them so that when I recorded on my watch it automatically uploads to my strava.. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rachy84 you are asking about connecting your Strava Account to your Fitbit account. 

Simply go to https://strava.fitbit.com/

And follow the prompt. 

You can also go to https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918087-Fitbit-and-Strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich,

I have logged into my Fitbit app, gone to apps, strava cog, settings and it says ‘authorisation state: authorised’ and there is an option to log out.

On my strava app, it says that ‘your fitbit and strava accounts are connected’

Yet when I open my strava on my Fitbit verse2 I get the message ‘link account, go to strava settings on your Fitbit mobile and link account’ 

but when I go on Fitbit mobile for strava it states my account is authorised and I have the option to log out? 

I have gone on strava.fitbit.com and authorised it.

I don’t understand why the app on my Fitbit is saying link account?

Best Answer

Hello @Quitenorty you have Two unrelated things your checking in your message.

I think all you have to do is a sync of your tracker. 

1 The link between your fitbit/Strava accounts

2 Logging into your Strava Account on the Strava Dashboard on the tracker. 

OK I loaded this Strava app in question.

Logged into my Strava Account. 

I had to do this twice. 

• The settings cog now shows I'm logged on. 
  • Open Strava on tracker and I get the message to log into Strava. 
  • Back out of the Fitbit app on my phone to the dashboard. 
  • Drag down on dashboard to force a sync. 

Congrats! I'm now logged into Strava in the Strava App on my Versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get strava and fitbit to link up. I've followed all the steps, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, turned my phone on and off again, restarted the device etc. etc. I've watched youtube videos of how to link them to make sure I'm doing it right, I've read other posts on here but whatever I do, I still get a 'Link account, go to Strava settings on your fitbit to log in' message. I've been trying for 4 hours now. 

So far impressions of the watch are that it's awful! Nothing will sync, fitbit pay doesn't work with any major banks except for Santander (not my bank!). I'm so disappointed with it, most likely going to send it back but I was hoping to at least see one of the functions working which I bought the watch for! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Thank you Ryan, have been trying to figure it out all morning and this did work. I logged out of strava and logged back in

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

He means the actual tracker you wear on your arm. I have the same problem. When you open the app on the device you wear on your arm, it says you need to login to strava through the fitbit app. But the fitbit app on the phone or computer says I'm already logged in and authorized on strava. So does the strava app when I login through my phone or computer. So why does the arm device not register what the phone app says? I've synced multiple times, tried removing and adding strava multiple times. Nothing helps. The arm tracker still says I'm not logged in and tells me to login from the fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! So sorry, you shouldn't have to repeat this. Multiple people have tried explaining that both the fitbit phone app and the strava phone app say the fitbit is connected to strava and strava is connected to the fitbit. But the arm band tracker itself says its not connected!!! Why is everyone having so much trouble understanding what we mean? 🤦‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dude, we've repeatedly explained this 🤦‍:female_sign:. We already went through this process. The fitbit app on the phone says it is connected to strava. The strava phone app says it is connected to fitbit. All necessary connections have been made and remade and read multiple times. But if you open strava on the arm tracker it still says "go to strava settings on your fitbit mobile app to login". I've already done that and the fitbit mobile app says I'm logged in. So why won't the  arm band tracker register this?? 

Best Answer