Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Spotify on Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today purchased Fitbit versa in india. I could not install spotify app in it. I am using spotify premium account and both the apps are up to date. Can anyone from india using spotify in versan....?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Karthikjeeva, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for making sure that all your apps are up-to-date.

Please note that Spotify is now viewable in the app gallery for all smartwatch users. However, users will need to be on the most recent firmware (OS 4.0.2) to install it. We are working to have 4.0.2 rolled out to 100% still.

Also, have you checked if your phone is compatible? If you haven't, you can see the list of compatible devices at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

For more detailed information, take a look at: How do I control music playing on Spotify? 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @Karthikjeeva, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for making sure that all your apps are up-to-date.

Please note that Spotify is now viewable in the app gallery for all smartwatch users. However, users will need to be on the most recent firmware (OS 4.0.2) to install it. We are working to have 4.0.2 rolled out to 100% still.

Also, have you checked if your phone is compatible? If you haven't, you can see the list of compatible devices at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

For more detailed information, take a look at: How do I control music playing on Spotify? 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem as the original poster. I've bought a Versa 2 a couple of days ago and, although I have a Spotify premium account, the Fitbit app keeps showing the same message every time I try to install the music app, something along these lines: "to install this app, make sure the Fitbit mobile app and your Fitbit device have the latest software update". Moreover, the Install button is grayed out. The weird part is, this happens ALSO on my laptop, which runs on Windows 10 and has the latest version of Spotify (I've updated it last night, in fact). Maybe my Windows 10 version is not the latest? I've checked the system details and it says: "version 1809, OS compilation 17763.864".  My Versa 2's software version, on the other hand, is 35.68.9.12. I'm not really a techie, however, so  this means little to me. Could someone please confirm those are the latest updates for either device or at least tell me what am I doing wrong?  The rest of the apps work just fine. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Hi @MarreFitbit  and how do I know what OS I have on my versa? My version is 33.1.30 and I’m having the same issue with Spotify. I’ve dowloaded the Fitbit app today so I’m sure is the latest version and installed my brand new versa as well. No luck with Spotify though...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had installed after the soft update.

There was a delay in software update in India.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, the update became available 2 days later for me, all sorted now!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Just got a versa lite for the purpose of spotify while training.  Go to spotify support page and it tells you which smart watches you can get spotify.  Versa lite is one of them.  $160 for what?  False advertising.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I recently got the Fitbit Versa Lite for Christmas and cant get spotify on my watch. My app and watch are the latest version. Is there an update on when it will become available?

Best Answer

customer service just said that only certain phones are compatible.  Only certain android versions. My phone is android, LG X venture and apparently not current as far as the most recent operating system.  During my research, nowhere did I see anything about needing to have the most current phones.  So, I'm still confused here.  Will I get this "update" eventually, or will spotify continue to be grayed out, unable to add as an app?  

Best Answer

It says that my firmware version is 32.33.1.30 and I still can't install it. I also have the latest version of the app on my phone.

Best Answer

What is the status on the 4.0.2 roll out?  My Versa has Firmware 32.331.1.30 and I have had this watch for quite some time.  I have a Samsung S10+ and I do have Spotify Premium so all of that checks out, but the app which shows up on the list of apps still has the Install button transparent/unusable.

I was just curious as to when an update may be available.

Thank you,

Maria

Best Answer

I have version Versa 33.1.30 and unable to download spotify app. Any help???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked for any updates? Soon after I posted I received an update that made Spotify available.

Now I'm having issues with staying connected to WiFi.

Best Answer
0 Votes