Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing destination in Uber app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to change the Destination in the Uber app? It only says "Work".

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Hey there @BDGR, it's nice to see you here! Robot Very Happy How you doing? 

Use the Uber app on your phone to set any preset locations, such as your home or work address. For instructions, see Uber’s help article.

To request a ride:

1. Open the Uber app on your watch.
  2. Your watch uses your preset home and work addresses as your default pickup and destination locations. To change either location, tap it and select a different address. You can select your current location, detected using your phone’s GPS signal, a preset address you set through the Uber app, or a recently used address. If needed, tap the Swap From/To button to swap the pickup and destination addresses.
  3. After selecting the correct pickup and destination addresses, tap Request.
  4. The cost of the trip, estimated time of pickup, and estimated time of arrival are shown. Swipe left or right to select a service. Tap Confirm to request the ride.
  5. When a driver confirms the ride, the driver’s information appears. Swipe up to see the estimated time until pickup and cancel the ride if needed.
  6. To change your destination address or rate your driver, use the Uber app on your phone.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance with the Uber app! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Madre. I still, have a problem changing to an alternate pickup or destination address. I have saved three or four addresses in the Uber app as favorites, but they don't come up. All I see are the default work and home locations.

Best Answer

You're welcome @BDGR! Hmmmm... this is weird. Since the Uber app is not working as expected, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. In order the app to access the internet, your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on.
  2. Check if the app has a pending update. For instructions, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?
  3. Turning off app permissions can cause the app to stop functioning. Check that all permissions are turned on:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Apps.
    3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
    4. Tap or click Permissions.
    5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
    6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.
  4. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some larger apps and clock faces to install or update. For instructions on connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

Let me know if this helps! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! still not working for me. The only options available at Uber app are home and work. can't change to a different location. I have a Fitbit Versa. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hey there @Garridex, thanks for following my suggestions and for jumping in here! Smiley Very Happy I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer

MarreFitbit, 

I'm with Garridex: I still can't get the app to work.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @BDGR! I've taken the time to share your post with our Support Team. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. Man Wink

I'll be here if you guys need me! 

Best Answer

Likewise - doesn't work.  I can't set a destination other than work / home

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @TEP46! As it has been mentioned previously, your watch uses your preset home and work addresses as your default pickup and destination locations. To change either location, tap it and select a different address.

Important: You can select your current location, detected using your phone’s GPS signal, a preset address you set through the Uber app, or a recently used address.

The address you want to add: has been detected using your phone's GPS signal? Was set previously over the Uber app? In case was a recently used address, please ensure to add it via GPS or the Uber app.

I look forward to your reply, in order to investigate further. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarreFitbit,

I had submitted a new idea to add new features to the Fitbit Uber app. Right the features available are too limited.

Best regards,

Luis Eduardo

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the heads up @GarridexSmiley Very Happy For the rest included in this thread, here is the idea created in the Feature Suggestion board:

Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show support for it. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Hi, I've got saved favourites in the Uber app but they do not appear on the watch - I can only select work or home, nowhere else.  

I can set my destination as my present location using GPS but only the above as my destination.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're right @TEP46! If you'd like to add this option in the Uber app, don't hesitate to check link of the idea I posted above. My friend @Garridex has taken the time to create it so we can vote and comment for it. Robot wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As the others have stated, this feature is not working correctly in the Uber app on the fitbit versa. It has to be something on either fitbit or uber's end. When will this be fixed as I would like to be able to utilize the uber app on my watch for destinations other than just work and home. I have added multiple destinations on the uber app, but they do not sync over to the fitbit.

Best Answer

@Chelsea.Sierra Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with the Uber app on your Fitbit watch.

Uber is an app that requires access to the internet. This is how it transfers the destinations to the app on your watch. Make sure your phone is nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on. Also, make sure all of the app permissions are enabled. 

If non of that will work, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not woryfor me either despite suggestions 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here and letting me know you've tried the steps suggested @dsienicki! So I can better assist you, can you please give me more details about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your Uber app?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As stated before, nothing works. not uninstalling, re-downloading, or anything. This is a technical problem on either uber or fitbits end. Very frustrating that this issue still has not been resolved with multiple people stating that they are having the same problem. 

Best Answer

Hey there @Chelsea.Sierra, thanks for getting back! I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Uber app. 

I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

If you're still having inconveniences after following the tips and recommendations, I'd appreciate if you can send me a screen shot of what you're getting when trying to change the destination on the Uber app. Also, did you check if the Uber app does not have a pending update?

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes