Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer app stopped working on Fitbit devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I left my Apple Watch at home and bought this at the airport. I’ve spent hours trying to get Deezer to work.   What am I supposed to do it’s just stuck at 0%

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject, updated label and word choice

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to report this situation, and every step tried on your own. Our team is aware of the Deezer app not allowing you to download or play your music on your smartwatches, and they're currently working on this matter to get it resolved as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and please know your feedback will be passed along to keep our team informed of this situation.

Your patience is truly appreciated, and I'll update this thread once I have more details from them. In the meantime, please be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

My fitbit wouldn't sync my deezer playlist today... Tried unlinking account then uh oh unexpected error happened. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I synced everything and after downloading a playlist the app reached 100% synchronisation. Despite this, the app on the watch still tells me that there is no music on the watch an that i need to synchronise a playlist in the fitbit app.

Already cutted every connection and deleted the deezer app on the watch to reinstall and reconnect my deezer account... nothing helped me out of this :(...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, this is very similar to what many people have put up about the Versa and Deezer downloading.  I just bought the Sense (Oct 2021) and while I did not want to join Deezer, I did and it now shows in my Fitbit app. 

-  I made a simple playlist of 3 songs

-  I connected the Sense to the power and have it within 2 meters of the wifi router

-  I connected have the network set up (more on this below) and from the network page (Media --> Setup --> Manage Wi-Fi Networks) I can see the network and it shows the connected symbol (not grey, but highlighted and with the lock symbol)...at least until I leave it.

So, I go to the watch and go to Deezer and it says there is no music and to go to the app.  I go from the network page to the Deezer app and there is my playlist with 3 songs.  Nothing is happening on the sync, so I force sync.  It says it is syncing and to wait.  I look at the watch and it says 0%.  In much less than 1 minute the watch goes back to "No music...go to app."

When I go back to the network page  (Media --> Setup --> Manage Wi-Fi Networks) the network is there, but is grey'd out (no highlighted symbol and no lock).

- I reset bluetooth on the phone and turned both the phone and the watch off and back on and reconnected and repeated.

-  I reset the watch to factory defaults and same results.

I went back to the network page on the app and found that

-  When I exit the page and go back, if in about a few seconds, the network will still show that it is connected.

-  If I stay on the network page for 5 minutes, the network will keep showing connected.

-  If I go to Deezer and force sync and go back to the network page, it is grey'd out

So, I then opened the network app for Google wi-fi (through Google Home) and watched the network devices communicating with the router.

-  If I forget the network in the Fitbit app and re-log on to it, I will see the device on my network and it will say it is connected to wi-fi 2.4ghz, have the IP address, everything.

-  If I then go and tell it to sync with Deezer and go back to look at the network, it shows the watch communicating for about 15kb or more a second and then transfer stops.  I look at the connecting and it has now gone from Wi-fi at 2.4ghz to wired connection.  No data transfer.  I go back to the app and it and the watch have all defaulted back to not connected and doing nothing.

Finally, I set up the phone as a hotspot and connected to that, so I know that it is 2.4ghz and it's not defaulting for some reason to 5ghz.  I repeated all of the above and even reset the bluetooth and the same issues all repeat.

Does anyone know how to get Deezer to sync music with the Sense?

Phone:  Samsung S10

Internet:  Eir

Wi-fi: Google Home with Google Nest

Best Answer

I have a Deezer Premium subscription so I thought I could connect my Versa (1) to my Deezer Account and listen to music like that instead of carrying my phone with me. 

I can't seem to get the sync to work. Every time I try, it's stuck at 0% and eventually cancells the synchronisation process and also disconnects from WiFi. 

I've tried deleting Deezer, deleting the Fitbit app, disconnecting my Watch from my phone and restarting my phone and my watch. I'm running out of ideas on what else I can try.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Elsfish.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Versa 2. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on case number

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to report this situation, and every step tried on your own. Our team is aware of the Deezer app not allowing you to download or play your music on your smartwatches, and they're currently working on this matter to get it resolved as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and please know your feedback will be passed along to keep our team informed of this situation.

Your patience is truly appreciated, and I'll update this thread once I have more details from them. In the meantime, please be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer

Deezer has made a post about this, their security certificates expired and because of the renewal, services using it don't work. The Fitbit team has probably been informed already and are probably already working on it. I hope they can fix this as soon as possible!

Deezer Unable To Connect With Some Devices – Deezer Support

Best Answer

Hi,

I have an ionic in the past i could sync playlist with deeze but yesterday i have tried to add more playlist and appears in the deezer app when i try to sync it but keep showing the message "Preparing for download" and then the message disappear. The Watch gets the IP Address from the WiFi but nothing happens. If i go to the deezer app in the watch  it says "No Music". I am a premium member on deezer.

I hope you can give me clues of what is going on.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just received a brand new versa 3 fitbit 2 days ago. I previously had a fitbit versa with deezer paid subscription attached. I have managed to set up everything on the new versa 3 but cannot get deezer working. I have gone through a variety of ways of connecting deezer and even reset the old versa to factory settings so as it wouldn't interfere with new watch. when I logged in to media and deezer on the fitbit app for versa 3 it is showing a message saying manage settings -under deezer heading. The spotify heading says setup under this. I can go into deezer tapping on this  and it shows my playlists that I've added from the deezer app. On some occassion's this page will  show preparing music. when I click on force sync I receive a message in the app saying check status of deezer app on versa 3 and the watch will  have image showing syncing media and 0%. After a while a message saying no media shows on watch. I am very frustrated now. I contacted fitbit via chat last night and was assured it would be sorted by today but still nothing. Any advice at all please!!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

I have having exactly the same problem. It is very frustrating since I am also a premium member and pay for the service that simply is not working. I have tried everything from restarting the Ionic, uninstalling and reinstalling the Deezer App and nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Shane,

I don't know if this is an issue with Fitibit or Deezer app. I have created a ticket on deezer.

Best Answer
Thank you, I hope it's sorted soon, very frustrating since it costs me
money
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope they sort is soon since we pay for the service. Right now we are paying for something that doesn't work. In other words, I am giving away free money. 

Best Answer

I'm having this same problem currently.

Best Answer

Hi there, I'm having the exact same issue, aside from this being my first fitbit (Versa3) and also I've just set up the Deezer account.

The fitbit app (android on samsung phone) and also the windows fitbit app show the playlists I've selected.  The apps show that there is memory on the device used but there's no music showing. 

I've connected the watch to power as per the instructions, and I even did a factory reset and set it up again in case there was a glitch in the installation.

Any hints/fixes greatly appreciated 🙂 

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not working, the issue is not solved. I tried many combinations of steps to get playlists onto the device, I have a paid subscription to Deezer, and placed the device right next to the modem to ensure the signal is strong, and nothing. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

Hello,

I logged support requests with both Fitbit and Deezer. Fitbit suggested some trouble shooting which didn't work so hopefully they come back with more feedback.

However, Deezer sent me this, it could be an issue in their end?  

I am really sorry you're experiencing this issue. So our developers have already been informed of this issue and they're working get it resolved as soon as possible and allow you to enjoy Deezer without any problems.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued patience whilst we implement a fix. We will let you know once it has been fixed.

Best Answer

Same here. Have the Sense and can't get any music from Deezer to transfer to my watch!!! All worked fine for several months, but had to do a factory reset so all music gone and now have no music on my watch so no music when on a run. I might as well throw my watch in the bin as this was one of the main reasons I bought it. Disappointed and very unhappy.

Best Answer