Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer coming to Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was using the Fitbit app last night and when I clicked music on the Ionic under my settings it showed Deezer as an option. I clicked but nothing happened and this morning it has disappeared. This at least shows that Fitbit has the functionality for other music providers.

Sorry, didn’t think to get a screenshot!

Martin | UK | Cycling and Running
Ionic: adidas edition, Charge 2 and Aria 2
Previous: Fitbit (1st Gen), One, Surge, Aria, Flex and Flex 2
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MultiMartin @bbarrera @MassiP @pedris @SunsetRunner "Fitbit is partnering with Deezer to bring its dynamic, personal streaming music service to Ionic users across the globe in 2018." - Fitbit Press Release

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community @MultiMartin! Thanks for sharing the details about what you got in your app. Currently, I don't have any information about Deezer. However, Fitbit is always improving its features and adding new options to Fitbit trackers. Any news about it, it will be posted in the Community or website. 

Thanks for your understanding! Hope you can continue enjoying your Ionic. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Seems so: https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/05/fitbit-ionic-os-60-new-apps-deezer/

It's a positive development, but hope Fitbit is looking to launch apps for more sought-after music services such as Spotify and Apple Music. I couldn't find any requests for Deezer on the Ionic discussion boards, but there is a clear demand for other, more popular streaming services. Fingers crossed!

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pedris

Go to Spotify and vote for them to develop an app for Fitbit. Fitbit's not going to do it for them. There is already a suggestion at Spotify. Right here

Best Answer

Sure, but it's in Fitbit's interests to ensure its users have access to the services/apps they want. And a company of Fitbit's size can do a lot more than most users like me to persuade Spotify to team up with them.

Fitbit's share price woes over the last few years are probably a reflection, in part, of the difficulties the company has had in delivering reliable, high-quality products and services (and now apps) that consumers want. Fortunately, as most of the Ionic's flaws and shortcomings seem to be software related, the company can still turn this around.

Screenshot 2017-12-11 at 21.14.33.png

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pedris

I think you over-simplify the issue. Or over-complicate it, actually.

Here are some facts: Pandora wrote the Pandora app. Stravia wrote the Stravia app. Yelp wrote the Yelp! app. Fitboard wrote the Fitboard app. I didn't check all the other apps. To expect Fitbit to write any app that interfaces with another service, when their SDK is free and available, is wasting time. If Spotify wants more users, they'll do this - especially if they see Pandora (and this new service?) are doing it.

Me? I don't care as I don't use Spotify - or any other music app on the Fitbit itself. I'm just letting people know there is a link out there to vote if they really want the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner wrote:

Here are some facts: Pandora wrote the Pandora app. Stravia wrote the Stravia app. Yelp wrote the Yelp! app. Fitboard wrote the Fitboard app. I didn't check all the other apps. To expect Fitbit to write any app that interfaces with another service, when their SDK is free and available, is wasting time. If Spotify wants more users, they'll do this - especially if they see Pandora (and this new service?) are doing it.

I understand and I'm not saying that Fitbit should develop the app themselves. But I also don't think Fitbit should take a build-it-and-they-will-come approach, especially as they've decided to go with their own OS and app ecosystem. They need to entice some big names on board to populate it.

Best Answer

I read an article on  techcrunch.com , where they say that  Deezer and Uber is coming to the Ionic.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/05/fitbits-ionic-smartwatch-is-getting-60-new-apps-including-yelp-ube...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MassiP a bunch of apps on tap:

https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Fitbit-Delivers-First-Fi...

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MultiMartin @bbarrera @MassiP @pedris @SunsetRunner "Fitbit is partnering with Deezer to bring its dynamic, personal streaming music service to Ionic users across the globe in 2018." - Fitbit Press Release

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer