Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer playlists not downloading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

So ive recently downloaded the latest firmware for the ionic that includes the ability to download existing deezer playlists onto the ionic. Now i have a working premium account and the ionic is connected to the wifi network and syncing perfectly in general, but when it comes to downloading the deezer playlists it just says "preparing to download" and nothing ever happens. I have a fully functional high speed internet connection so i cant seem to figure out why i cant get the playlists to download. 

I would really appreciate some help 🙂

Regards 

Gil

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Have you looked at the Deezer FAQ found in the Fitbit help docs yet? 

How do I listen to Deezer playlists on my Fitbit watch?

Download Deezer playlists and Flow directly to your watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem! Been looking for answers all over the FAQ but still no luck..

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have looked through it, but no luck yet... thanks for the reply 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sid123 ill post here if i come across a solution/fix. i ask that you do likewise please

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gilad Will do. Am currently in contact with the support team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried again now, and it reached 11% completion before it decided to freeze the download. none of the songs show on the actual watch though. hoping the guys you're in contact with can find a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gilad I may have found a solution.

Previously I've been using my iphone X to sync with the Ionic using home wifi to no avail. After few email exchanges with the support team, they finally suggested me to use another device to sync.

Instead of iphone X, I used my Samsung Galaxy S4 to sync Deezer playlists with the Ionic via the same home wifi. The transfer was still stuck at 0%. Then, I used my iphone as the wifi source, tethering it to both Samsung and the Ionic. 2 playlists consisting of 50+ got transferred in full. The transfer was painfully slow but everything got transferred after more than an hour. I also realise that the transfer speed is significantly faster if all devices are next to one another. When I charged my Ionic across the room, the transfer was much slower.

I still can't figure out why the home wifi doesn't work, but I hope this helps for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ill try use my galaxy s8 as wifi source for the watch and see if anything
happens.

Thanks for getting back to me, i really appreciate it.

👌
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me - deezer stays at 0% download.. Trying since over 2 weeks, nothing is happening. Tried to link from my laptop and samsung S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue... Deezer is showing playlists but the songs are greyed out (& I have full membership on Deezer) No support from Fitbit as yet.... really disappointing. It seems like a mix of Deezer, ionic / wifi connection issues that they simply can't resolve...

Best Answer

I have the same problem. The only way to get it to work was to completely software reset the watch. However now I've tried to update playlists it's stuck again.

This has to be the worst bit of tech I've ever had. Nothing ever works.

Best Answer

I tried to remove bluetooth, reboot the watch, reinstall software on the watch.. I am stuck with Deezer not downloading. It is frustrating. Should be so simple.. 

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue... As soon as I get contact from Fitbit i'll be asking for a replacement or my money back. Loved the ionic when I got it but they are just not supporting this thing like they should. Hate to say this but I'm guessing apple don't have this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm no tech expert but i think they'll have to release a software update to rectify this issue. Just very disappointing that an advertised feature doesn't work as intended. 

I just hope they sort it out soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agreed, hope they stop sucking their thumbs and sort it out 

Best Answer

I agree... really not worth having this if the feature doesn't work as intended. I must have wasted most of the last few days trying to sort this

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue here watch says its downloading, but after hours, its still on 0% - I do hope Fitbit support fix this issue - cause one of the major features of this watch, just isn't working well.

P.S. personal music setup is just as nonfunctional...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just come off call number 3 with tech support & they have gone through all troubleshooting options & they STILL can't sort this out. They've just said they will email me (the person on the call couldn't fix the issue) - Really bad support on an expensive device that simply doesn't work.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is deezer or the fitbit app, I think there's intermittent wifi problems with some of the ionic watches. If this is the case, the only solution is a replacement (or money back)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats the most aggravating part... spending so much time trying to make it
work. Ill post on this thread if I come across anything helpful
Best Answer
0 Votes