Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer playlists not downloading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

So ive recently downloaded the latest firmware for the ionic that includes the ability to download existing deezer playlists onto the ionic. Now i have a working premium account and the ionic is connected to the wifi network and syncing perfectly in general, but when it comes to downloading the deezer playlists it just says "preparing to download" and nothing ever happens. I have a fully functional high speed internet connection so i cant seem to figure out why i cant get the playlists to download. 

I would really appreciate some help 🙂

Regards 

Gil

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Thanks Gilad

I'll do the same... seems that fitbit don't seem to be too bothered about it

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Hope they fix it asap. I wanna get my playlist downloaded for my marathon this sunday😣

Best Answer

Did anyone get it working yet? I'm having the same problem and it's very frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not yet... I suggest you contact Fitbit. The more people that highlight this issue, the more Fitbit will acknowledge that there’s a problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing yet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Soooo... update for you all. Came to work this morning & linked to my office WiFi and playlists are downloading (BT hub) - my Virgin media broadband speeds are higher at home (100mbps) and all other devices are linking fine to it. So it leaves me thinking the ionic isn’t compatible with certain routers & networks (just need to now see why & if there’s a work around like manually entering IP addresses etc)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now working this morning, same network as before. I forced a sync and everything started downloading 🙂 Can play fine now!

Best Answer
Mine has also just started working when I put it on charge. Now I just hope
it lasts. Hope this works for all you guys...
Best Answer
0 Votes

now the ionic has decided to not sync with my phone at all. I have performed all the steps that are recommended here to get it working again- nothing works. this device has been a nightmare so far, i think im going to return mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gilad the ionic is not suppose to transfer music unless it is being charged. 

About your unrelated sync issue, I don't want to repeat anyrhing that you may have tried, however I dont know what has been tried .or what phone you are looking for help with .

Steps to try

Remove tracker from phones bluetooth .

Check that the Fitbit app is up to date. 

Restart tracker and phone. 

Better yet shutdown both .

Clear the fitbits app cache

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Rich

Yea, im aware of that (perhaps i didn't word my message well) but i was
always attempting the playlist download while the device was charging. It
just kept getting stuck and I'm certain it wasn't the wifi connection that
was causing the issue. Its working now though.

The unrelated syncing issue is definitely the more frustrating. I have
tried all that you've mentioned (multiple times) and it hasnt worked. Even
if it did though, it happens every couple of days.... to go through that
process every week is simply unacceptable.

This is an expensive device, and I feel that I'm entitled to expect it to
work smoothly, and without having to go through all those steps all the
time.

I appreciate your help and concern though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had sync issues last night as well. (& playlists still not syncing at home)

heres the response I got from Fitbit

Hello Stephen,

We really appreciate you reaching us back to provide us with the details previously asked of you. They have proved much helpful in getting a better grasp of the situation at hand.

Upon review of our records, we managed to locate a new report that matches the behavior displayed with your Ionic and its attempts at both downloading and playing music acquired from Deezer. We are currently undergoing research alongside them, looking to identify the reasons behind such an odd occurrence.

For the time being, we would like to ask you provide us with some more of your time and patience, while we continue to work on solving this matter as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind that we are more than happy to help as much as it is possible and will be happy to continue assisting you if you ever were to need it again, in the time being. Simply be sure to reach us back and let us know of whatever issue, inquiry or question you might have.

Sincerely,
Ana CP and the Fitbit Team

So so still no resolution...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I see no timeframe was provided either ... my window to get a refund is
small, so I dont want to wait too long either. Please let me know when they
get back to you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do... I’ll post any updates here (clearly Fitbit ain’t gonna do that)

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I just bought versa and same issue is happening. Has anyone been able to identify the solution to it yet? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine works well now, but I don't know how I got it to work. Maybe some upgrade in the OS made the trick.. It did not work and then suddenly it did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has been working for the past few weeks. Didn't really change
anything, but I assume fitbit and deezer sorted out the issue without
notifying their customers.

Im sure you've heard it many times already but make sure your firmware is
updated to latest version, make sure device connected to working wifi and
device must be connected to charger for duration of download ( when it
decides to work)

Sorry i couldn't be more help but hope you come right
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, got it day before and updated everything. Literally sitting by the router, with watch in charging case and the phone too. Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes