Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dexcom app for Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have type one diabetes and I want the change 3 to connect to my phones Dexcom app so then I can see my blood sugar on the Fitbit

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome on board @RedStar76, it's nice to see you around the forums! Robot Very Happy This integration suggestion is actually Under Consideration, as you can see in this idea posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community forums. However, there's no estimated time to know when this could be implemented, to have it integrated with the Fitbit app. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I recommend you to vote for the idea mentioned above and add your comments as well, since this section is constantly reviewed by the team of developers. 

I hope this helps. I'll be around if you need anything else! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This would be a huge help for my wife that has alerts on her Iphone for my daughters conti gloucos monitor from dexcom. Turkey a life saver. Any advancements and the date this will be available instead of settleing for a Iwatch. We prefer the price/ features of previous fit bit products we have bought over the years. That’s for the consideration.

Best Answer

Welcome here @Mcordova6582I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Any updates in regards to Dexcom can be found in this feature suggestionSmiley Very Happy

I'll be around if you have any other questions! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Would love to have this integration as soon as possible.  It is much easier to look at your watch in a meeting than to appear uninterested by having to look at your phone.  I love FitBit, I love Dexcom.  Would love to have them working together!

Best Answer

Welcome here @JackieJK! I totally understand your point my friend. Please make sure to add your vote and comment in this feature suggestionSmiley Very Happy

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer

Hello, I saw this Fitbit Press release back in May of 2018:https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2018/Fitbit-Announces-Health-...

It stated that the  hoped for release of the Dexcom app to Versa would be the later half of 2018.  Any update on that release date now that we are nearing the end of 2018?

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here and for sharing that information @Chasator! Fitbit announced a collaboration with DexCom to develop and market products to help better manage their diabetes and get a more complete picture of their overall health.

The first planned initiative will be an experience available on Fitbit Ionic that will show users data from the Dexcom G5 Mobile continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) System (with either Android or iOS devices) right on the wrist, without having to open an app. This will be developed using the Fitbit SDK and available in 2018. However, we don't have a specific date on when this is going to be released. 

The full announcement can be found here

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dexcom app on the Fitbit Charge 3 is a no  brainer! Please implement ASAP!

Having alerts on your wrist rather than a separate device would feel a lot more intimate and private. GUI just needs to be current BG with the trend arrow. Alerts via haptic vibrate.

Let me know if you need help developing it 🙂

Best Answer

Welcome here @felixt! Thanks a lot for your contribution, I'm glad to hear you're willing to help with Dexcom app. 

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also a type one diabetic and I love the Fitibit and it would be great🥳🥳🥳 if Dexcom could be integrated into the Charge 3! Thanks for all you do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Wassup_homie, it's nice to see a new member around! You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I you haven't voted yet, please make sure to add your vote and comment in this feature suggestion

Hope you have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love for Fitbit and Dexcom to work together.  It would be great if we could get the dexcom follow app able to do so as well.  My husband is a brittle type 1 diabetic and I have to check his sugars often.  Having it available on my watch would allow me not to have to step away as often from work and deal with any potential issues even quicker.

Best Answer

Why Vote...   It doesnt work.   Here a few reasons Why....

1.     Spotify

2.     Dexcom 

3.     Real time Sports scores  

4.     App Redesign 

5.     A "Good"  Golf app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maria, it seems that the Charge 4 should be able to show Dexcom's blood glucose reading on a custom watch face. Can the Charge 4 be customized with apps from the Fitbit store? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This needs to be signal boosted again - I keep seeing that Fitbit thinks that this is a resolved issue with the release of the CGM app for Ionic and Versa, but this is completely useless if the integration is only compatible with TWO of its models (conveniently, some of the most expensive ones. . .). I work at a research university supporting the work of individuals who make integrated glucose/comprehensive closed-loop monitoring apps, and can assure you that it would be easier rather than more difficult to make the apps compatible with simpler Fitbit devices. 

Where can we make the suggestion specifically to expand this integration to other models, not just create the app period?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, if the Fitbit Charge 3 could connect, that would be one less meter to carry around!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes