Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Coach app crashes when trying to update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to update the Fitbit coach app on my Versa since yesterday, and after nearly half a day I still haven't updated it! I clicked on the update button yesterday night and I feel like I made a huge mistake. It is about 3PM now the next day and it is still not updated. Everytime I go to the apps section on the Fitbit app it keeps pestering me saying that an update is not complete. Why on earth is an app update process this slow!? Does the Fitbit Versa use dial-up internet or what? The app is just 16 MB, it shouldn't take this long to update.

What should I do to fix this? How can I cancel the update?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Same here. Got my Versa yesterday, setup the whole shebang, "there's an update for Coach! Install?" and clicked yes. Ever since then, I have the same thing you have. Restarted the phone, restarted the Versa, no dice, Coach still wants to update and can't be cancelled or removed, apparently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alrighty I don't know what I did but it finally updated. I think it's because I went to the device settings in the Fitbit app, clicked on setup wifi and attempted to reconnect to my WiFi. Try that and hope it works. After that it was a "brisk" 15-20 minute process. Which is still appalling considering my Android can update massive 50-100 MB apps in minutes if not seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, the wifi connection capabilities of this versa seem to be quite horrible. Network out of reach, even though it's physically on top of my router, I can't move it any closer. Forgetting network, adding manually, that works for .5 seconds (connected!) but then it's out of reach again. (guys, put a timeout in your app, I'm not willing to stare at this spinning wheel for 20 minutes until I manually shut down everything every time)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @litetaker @StanMR, thanks for stopping by! Some users have reported that Fitbit Coach app crashes when they try to update or even that the update won't complete. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved. I will be sure to keep you posted as more information becomes available. 

Your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

Thanks for sharing that workaround @litetaker, I'm glad to hear that the Fitbit Coach is finally updated. I'm pretty sure the steps you shared will help other users.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes