Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Clock Faces?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why do all the clock faces cost money? Where are the free ones?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

How do you search someone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the versa clock face screen, choose all clocks. A magnifying glass
pops up in the top right corner. Click it and search one of those free
face guys and it will only show thier faces.
Best Answer

And it doesn't help that a lot of the paid watch faces have the word "free" in their product descriptions.

"Free to download and just $1.99 after"

"Free 2 hour trial period and just $1.99 after"

Best Answer
Agree -- both amy and #stayawesome (see note above -- I think that was the
name) are actually free if you search those.
Best Answer

@EmTe

That's right, and that is exactly the reason why I started to make my own instead of using others, but I still publish mine as free (truly free) for others to use if they like them.

Best Answer

My easy to read clock face (Clock-fit) is free, find it in the app gallery by searching clock-fit

https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/clock/24e04cdf-0097-4b35-9712-d86f78189580

There is a different version for Ionic and Versa to max out the screen usage.  It was written so I could see the important stats without reading glasses.

image.png

Best Answer

Since Fitbit doesn't have a separate category for free apps, I think developers should band together and create a unique hash tag to put in the product description for searching that implies certain promises.

For example:

#free4life means free for life

#trial4free means a free trial period before you have to pay for it

#pay4more means pay only to get additional features

Best Answer

Hi everyone! For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the idea and leave a comment to show support for it. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I would totally love for Fitbit to create a category of FREE APPS AND WATCH FACES.  Its so time consuming to figure out which apps aee free.  Or better yet for them to come out with some fresh apps and clock faces.  It seems they're totally relying on others to creatively create apps and watch faces.

Best Answer

Fitbit do make a lot of apps and clock faces, everything under Fitbit Labs is by them.

Best Answer

They do offer some but I've noticed they haven't been cranking them out lately.  There aren't many new ones from Fitbit and the onesones present are basic in nature.  😞  I dont even know where to begin to design one on my own.  Just wished they made a FREE CATEGORY so it would be easier for me to pick my watch faces.

Best Answer

Its very difficult to search free clock faces as there are tons of paid ones out there. In fact my iOS app crashes if I go and search in 'All clocks' or 'digital' or 'stats heavy section' (this is another issue). Can there be a filter in the app to only search for free versus all?

Best Answer

Yes this is extremely frustrating. 

Best Answer

i own a versa. look up “free”

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you lookup “free” even paid ones would come up as almost all of them have “free” trials.
Best Answer

Hey Cap, don't forget to tag your free watch face with #free4all !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @JNadir@DrRobin@abhishr@Virginiaalbin2, and @TheLetterTwo! I totally understand where your concern is coming from. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Please refer to my post above, make sure to comment and leave your vote. Man Very Happy 

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
EmTe
Where to put the " #free4all !" ?
Best Answer

Do you have watch faces you have designed that are free and are wanting to know where to place them within the Fitbit App Store?  Do you have a website?  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it

I have put the tag right at the beginning of the description.

Best Answer