Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf App vs Golf GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking to buy a Fitbit , either Surge or Blaze. I was told I can use it as a golf gps measuring distance etc via a third party app.
Can anyone please confirm this?
Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity and label

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

@Blasko@fitDanboy

In the latest Beta (just published) The holenumber size is 50% bigger.

The shot tracking detects a swing and caches that location as starting point of the distance calculation. You could even walk 200+ yards and then press " yes"  on the "restart tracking screen"

download the beta here: https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/e14bbc83-86be-47cd-9c34-00496ab3ebea

The latest beta release if for ionic users who suffer a slow gps fix. It will use the phones gps until ionic has its own gps fix.

Also, you could now see the current time 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deelish Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with Game Golf and shot tracker so far.

Are you still experiencing the same? It seems that option should be working correctly as it works for @Blasko

@Pietero I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing this helpful information. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last Saturday was perfect winter weather in the Netherlands So I joined the local wintercompetion at the golfcourse of the Beemster.

I did some testing with my latest Beta release And I have just published a new version. https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/e14bbc83-86be-47cd-9c34-00496ab3ebea

The version is now at Fitbit for approval. Normanly the version can be downloaded within 5 days.

Unfortunately, the only way to properly test this is app is by golfing. That is way I'm not updating the app as many times in the winter period.

Main updates:

Larger font sizes

Better settings behaviour

GPS of the phone is used when the Fitbit Ionic does not have its own GPS fix.

Prevent resetting of the course back to hole 1 (bug when the companion app restarts)

I discovered that my GPS gone worse on the watch so I will return mine for warranty. I hope I get it back soon to continue developing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pietero,

I downloaded the updated Beta for your Golf Gps app and it looks great!

I’m in the middle of cataract surgery with only one eye done.  Left eye will be operated on Thursday.  Won’t be playing golf until later in March.  But, I went outside and downloaded the nearest course.  Both eyes will be fixed for distance.  With my right eye, which is done and fixed for distance, I could read the font with sunglasses on👍

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

15-minute golf Coach is having their app for IOS device with very easy to use features. this app is a silver nominee of best mobile app award 2018.

15-Minute Golf Coach is the first golf instruction app that provides instant results, effortless power swing with HD videos and an exclusive audio guide (best golf swing tracker). Watch a short video then apply the lesson while playing with the audioguide whenever you want.
With 32 lessons, each consisting of an instructional video and a 15-minute audioguide, discover intuitive lessons from driving to putting and enjoy playing golf.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the golf app work with Versa. I understand it works with Samsung. which app if the answer is yes

Best Answer
0 Votes

about hazards etc: it depends. the developer lets you edit the course yourself so you can add al data about bunkers, waterhazards etc. see his youtube instruction vids

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any word on a golf app for Versa 2 my wife got me for Christmas and told me it was on it. .

looks like the app team are working on it .

When is it due out or can I use another 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Does Versa 2 have GPS?

Verizon Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa 2 does not have GPS, but can use GPS from your phone via Bluetooth.

Use the Golf GPS app, auto hole advance and shot tracking.  

If  you enjoy being frustrated by doing the same thing over and over with no success, Game Golf is the app to use!

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my app to connect to my phone.  It might be an issue with the initial setup I am not sure honestly but I get a green GPS and the phone connection stays red.  I cannot add courses at that point to play on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
You probably mean watch to connect w/ phone as the APP is on the phone. I imagine the developer will respond, in the meantime IF POSSIBLE suggest turn off and on again when near wi-fi and GPS; I think you are into something to do with your sequencing etc. Good luck.

Verizon Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an option on the app to advance holes on the Versa 2.

The youtube video suggests that right hand buttons are used but the versa 2 does not have these buttons

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggested improvement for APP.

Auto shutdown after arriving at 18 green.  Too often I neglect to turn off app after the round and drains battery. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shelly007 you can touch the holenumber to advance manually. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @fitDanboy .

So, if currenthole=18 or 9 for more than 20 minutes> close app.

Sounds good. Not that straight forward but it is possible. Just added it to my list

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would hole 18 but can see a case for 9 and I see the time element as the indicator to shut down.
Thanks for the interest. Love the app.
Dan

Verizon Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!! I just got the Versa 2 for Father’s Day. Played golf today. I walked away from my phone far enough that it temporarily disconnected. When it re-connected, it was still on hole one. I could not figure out how to advance it. Now I know!! I had no other issues with the GPS. The yardage worked just fine on the first hole. Now that I know how to advance it if necessary, I’ll be using it regularly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use Ionic and the course(s) are on the “watch” after I connect and use first time; don’t need phone once course isn’t stored. Not sure if this is the same w Versa.

Verizon Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will find the course I’m playing but does NOT auto advance to the next hole - there is no way to manually advance to the next hole either? I have Fitbit Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes