Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf App vs Golf GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking to buy a Fitbit , either Surge or Blaze. I was told I can use it as a golf gps measuring distance etc via a third party app.
Can anyone please confirm this?
Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity and label

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Awesome news.  Thanks for the response and looking forward to the update.

Update:

Yes!! It is working now.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we have a golf GPS App developed for Ionic? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it is mentioned in this thread in an earlier post.  That post states :

"In our new Fitbit Versa and Ionic, there is the option to use Game Golf App. If this is of your interest feel free to review this post as another alternative: Game Golf Availability? "

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, special shout out to you @Pietero for giving support to Golf GPS app and helping @Markster.

@Rondavis800 I saw you already received a response, thank you for your input @Markster.

I jut want to add that there was a bit of a confusion and Game Golf is not available for the Fitbit Versa, since only Ionic has GPS built in. In this case you are good to good since you have a Fitbit Ionic.

Keep the good good vibe and stay awesome.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cmon Fitbit.  The GOLF everyone wants is GPS yardage (front, middle, back of green). Garmin has had such an function on its activity tracker for some time.  Yes Fitbit tracks my activity while golfing but what a golfer wants is the yardage info-others can do it with one device.   When?

Best Answer

Good Morning.  Sounds like a lot of interest in a golf component to the FitBit.  I work with iGolf and we provide the golf course mapping for several mobile apps in the market as well as handhelds devices for companies like Bushnell and TomTom.  We would be happy to work with FitBit on embedding the golf files or using our API, which include distances to greens and hazards, scorecard tracking and much more.  The process is relatively simple.  I would love to connect with someone at FitBit to provide them with options to address the interest in the community.

Best Answer

Sounds good, Thanks.  It should be easy for you to get to Fitbit development for a 3rd party or joint venture; I see info all over their www and APP.  

please just make it simple to use (select APP and go;  not require all the details that “Game Golf” does. Don’t need suggestions on club to use or keeping score; just course yardage details. 

Golf GPS App is OK however only shows Front, Middle, Back; no hazards etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes they should reach out to you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fitDanboy, and @Rondavis800. Welcome to the Forums @Kimbergolf.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and interest in such a functionality. 

If you are interested in developing an integration with Fitbit you can check our API Development board or you can also fill this form.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pietero,

I've been trying to use Game Golf for about a year.  Since the latest version update Game Golf is not working.  I removed it and unloaded your Golf GPS.  Since I can play many courses within our Club Corps system, I found Golf GPS much easier to use loading courses, and I like the auto advance feature as well.

Once my phone and GPS connect to the app, the course I was going to play downloaded as I walked up to the clubhouse.  I think I was connected to WiFi via our member net, will it work with a data connection as well?

Is there a site with instructions and fun facts to know?  Kept being asked about tracking and I couldn't figure that part out.

Great App!

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Blasko,

I'm also sturggling to keep the app going with the latest Fitbit OS update. I saw a huge amount of increase of my app usage, and that during (my) winter time. I think more people are experience problems with game golf and move to me.

The app does work with mobile data as well. Wifi and mobile data makes absolutely no difference: data=data / internet=internet. On the Ionic, the app works even without internet if the course has already been downloaded.

Tracking.. Just press the word "Track", then press "Yes" on the message "sure to restart tracking". Then, click the tracked distance to reset it again. Also, when you make a swing, it is detected to the watch asks you if you want to reset tracking. Even if you already have walked for 50 meters or so, the position of the swing was recorded.

There is no website with fun things. I don't have time for that now.

I recently did some development after receiving a lot of mails. Next update will be interesting. You can enable/disable features as "Show time", "swing detection" , "shot tracking" and "auto hole advance"

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pietero,

Figured out shot tracking today by futzing around with it! Only the 2nd
time I used the app! Love it, you can see how far you carry your irons by
finding the ball mark, then figure the net by where the ball ends up!

I’m sticking with ya, new biggest fan! Way better than the alternative.
👍🏌️‍:male_sign:

Blasko
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Works well; using for Front, Middle, Back.  Size of yardage font is fine; Is there a way to have a larger font for the hole# (i.e. 1-18) ?very, very small not always easy to determine.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Font size for Front, Middle, Back yardage is fine.  Hole # font, i.e. 1-18 is too small and very difficult to read.   Can this font be slightly larger? Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
FitDanboy,

I’m just a user, but I don’t think so. Luckily it has auto hole advance.
If ya get off, top right is advance, bottom right is go back. Might have to
bring your readers.

Blasko
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx. Yup, nothing in settings and understand features; trying to avoid extra time w/ cheaters. Garmin hand held font sizes are just fine; and hoping developer reads and can increase hole font a “wee bit” in that top right corner.

Verizon Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx. Yup, nothing in settings and understand features; trying to avoid extra time w/ cheaters.  Garmin hand held font sizes are just fine;  and hoping developer reads and can increase hole font a “wee bit” in that top right corner.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blasko @Pietero @fitDanboy I hope you're doing well! Thanks you very much for sharing your experiences with this app on this thread. I'm sure this will be very helpful for other users too.

If you happen to experience any difficulties with this app please be sure to report it to the developers. This way you can help with the development of future updates for a better user experience. Follow the steps on this post if you need to do this.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  only really want the golf app as a shot tracker ,  I downloaded but didn’t realise this function doesn’t work yet ,  will it be working on the next release? 

And when will that be? Please 

and thankyou 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Deelish,

The shot tracking feature works quite well, and I use it all the time.

The Ionic senses when you hit a shot, then you get a message asking if you
want to start tracking. You can select yes or no any time up until you hit
your next shot.

I thought it wasn’t accurate because after I hit a shot, I’d walk away and
it would indicate 5 to 8 yards (the distance I walked after I hit the
ball). I wasn’t expecting it to sense the actual hit!

Blasko
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer