Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf App vs Golf GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking to buy a Fitbit , either Surge or Blaze. I was told I can use it as a golf gps measuring distance etc via a third party app.
Can anyone please confirm this?
Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity and label

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

I had this too...I thought. If you tap the hole number, it will manually advance. Sometimes you have to tap a couple times but that is how to do it. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank-you Bill I will try that. I feel bad complaining because after all it’s a free app but I really WANT it to work 😀

Best Answer
Initially the App would not advance automatically on my Ionic. I was able to advance and “back up” using buttons on the right side of my watch face.
Rather quickly the developer update the APP and my app now automatically advances. I’m very happy with the APP.

Verizon Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank-you for your response. The Versa 2 only has 1 button and it does nothing. Hopefully it will get better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Pietero I just started using your app this week and so far I'm liking it a lot. The distances work great as well as the club suggestions, but I'm confused about how should I use the shot tracker. Do you have some instructions on what to do and when during the round?

Thanks for all the effort on the app!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @hraulq 

If your device has an acceleromter it resets the shot tracking at each shot. To reset it yourself just touch the tracking part. If you touch "track"  or when it is already showing a distance like "240m" touch it and it asks you to restart shot tracking. The current location will be stored as the beginning of the shot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah I understand @Pietero I will try on my round this weekend. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Pietero, is there a way to change the meters to yards for the distance? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind!!! I just found it! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pietro Will this app work with the new Fitbit Versa 3 aswell? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tagged the wrong user. 

@Pietero please see the question above 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone provide some feedback about how using GPS for a golf (or really any activity) for a 4-5 hour period affects battery life. Obviously it will shorten but is really severe?

I am looking to upgrade from Versa which I like and would like to ditch using a rangefinder or a golf app on my mobile device

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use Golf GPS (that’s the name of the app) on my Ionic for golf. I try to
have it fully charged before I play. A four hour round will use 50% of the
battery life. Remember to shut down the app when you finish the round.

Blasko
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

RoanS,

Consider 10-15% battery drain per hour.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pieter,

I have been using your Golf GPS app and love it. Also have made a contribution for your hard work. Yesterday, I tried to install the new paid version, but I couldn't load the www.kzl.io/golfgps website. My browser (Chrome) will not take me to that site because of security concerns. Is there a way to go to a more secure site - https:// ?  Any ideas on how I can continue and purchase the new version?

Thanks,

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blasko,

Glad to hear that you like using it. Wait for more updates. I remeber you are a long time user. Feedback is welcome. Next on the list is adding hole Par's to the app. After that, I seriously think about integrating scoring. 

I've configred a custom url at my payment provider but does not seem to work. The "normal"  link is https://kiezelpay.com/code/. You can enter the code hear. The url is just al alias.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pietero,

When I boot Golf GPS, I get a purchase prompt. Capitalists in the US would
gladly change me twice😀, need further instructions.

Blasko
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blasko,

I you would enter your email adress again it will lookup your previous payment and it should continue inmeditatly. Since fitbit does not provide a payment system, we as developers, have to integrate our own. Fitbit does not allow us to match fitbit accounts with payment statusses, therefore we cannot check it properly.

I'm from the Netherlands and the Payment provider from Belgium so we are not capatilists that charge twice. By the way, many people think they are charged twice, but in fact it was free all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pietero,

I went into settings on the Golf GPS on my iphone. Then I entered my email
address. If I back out, fitbit still doesn't recognize me as a registered
user. I get the message " To continue using Golf GPS, please visit
www.kzl.io/golfgps and enter this code:1234." That worked!!! Now Golf GPS
recognizes me as a registered user. Another problem though, I cannot load
any local courses. I am currently in Brunswick, GA. Many courses in the
area to include Sea Island which is a well know course$$$$

Mike
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fellow Golf GPS users,

I had been using Golf GPS on my Ionic for quite awhile, probably at least 2 years. I really like the app and use it almost every time I play golf.  Only time I don't use it is if the course won't load (that hasn't happened very often) or my battery is dead.

Since I upgraded to the "Pro" paid version, I can't load any courses.  Anyone else having issues?

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes