Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installedthe Game Golf app and updated to the second rev. When I select my course, it either does nothing, exits the app or resets my ionic. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

I tried both iOS and Android, same behavior. I think the issue is with the Game Golf app on the fitbit, not the fitbit app on the phone.

Best Answer
Sorry, I am just frustrated with the whole thing.
Best Answer

Fix this already please.  I have contacted the developer and have not received a response since giving them my ionic firmware version, Android version, and game golf version.  Did Fitbit even let them know they were going to release a "3.0" os version??  I'm trying to convince myself to keep the Ionic but I'm at a point where I don't know if it's right for me.  The development support for Fitbit OS has not been great since day 1

Best Answer

I don't think there will be a fix anytime soon. I stopped using my Ionic and started using Golf Pad on Samsung Gear (GPS version). It works great, much better than Ionic+Game Golf combo. No issues at all. Support for both Samsung and Golf Pad are great. 

Best Answer

What is especially frustrating is that Golf Game WAS working fine (at least on iOS).  Obviously they broke it with an OS update.  If they aren't going to support this or other apps (which means testing them with new OS updates prior to releasing the update), the apps should be made not available to install on Ionic. Gotta say FitBit, for consumer products (especially ones like Ionic that are high-end and trying to compete with Apple Watch), buggy software will be your end, even if the product itself is cool.  See Windows Phone for a good case study.  You have very good competitors in this space and consumers won't put up with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to post about these intermittent crashes. If you haven't done so already, I recommend performing each of the steps detailed in our help article, here

Just to confirm, Game Golf is an app which was was developed by a 3rd party. So if the troubleshooting steps detailed above still have not resolved your issue, I recommend contacting the developer via the link in the app description. This is the best way to inform the developer of any emerging issues with the app. 

@tuchubby @apricetx1 @GPCasey Thanks for the additional clarification on this issue. Just wanted to let you know that I have forwarded your feedback to our partnership team. 

@Shakib Thanks for reaching out. Our support team will be in touch with you via email. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. I understand that Game Golf is a third party app. But they are promoting Fitbit Ionic on their website. I don't think they are doing it without Fitbit's permission. It is misleading the customers. They buy the Ionic to thinking it is the best GPS watch to use with Game Golf. They pay $269+ for it and then find the app is crashing. It is both Fitbit and Game Golf's responsibility to work together and fix it. If they can't, then they should remove the Fitbit Ionic ad from Game Golf's website. I don't think it is fair to promote a non-working combination only to sell more Ionics and make more money.

Best Answer

GAMEGOLF got back to me within hours this time (gee, I wonder why) regarding their app and they said they fixed it and will release soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great to hear. Can't wait to test it ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well as right now, Saturday
Jan 05 2019.
NOT WORKING...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @tuchubby, it's nice to hear that your Game Golf app is working now. Thanks for sharing the update. 

Hi @jpmaxwell and @Shakib! If your GG app is still not working , please refer to @MattFitbit's post above

If there's anything else I may assist you in the meantime, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit, am I missing something? Where did @tuchubby said that it is working for him? @MattFitbit 's fix hasn't worked for ANYONE. Please pay attention and read the posts carefully. Thank You!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am an iPhone owner and can no longer get either Golf app to work correctly. The GameGolf app just opens and closes immediately and the Golf GPS app never stays running for more than a hole. And when it does the yardages are so far off it is basically worthless. I guess we just have to face the facts that Fitbit cannot perform in the Golf GPS market. Onwards and upwards to a different product I guess. But what do they care, we already bought the watch so they could care less if we keep it right!!

Best Answer

All Fitbit+Game Golf users have the same problem. You can play 9 hole, but the app will crash when you start the round for 18 hole. Fitbit is blaming Game Golf team. They are saying Game Golf is the developer and they need to fix/support it. Fitbit is ignoring the fact that Game Golf and Fitbit has a partnership/contract. Game Golf is promoting the crappy useless Ionic and making the golfers buy them. Golfers pay $269+ for it, only to find out they bought a useless watch. On the other hand, Game Golf doesn't have a in house developer for the Ionic App. They are outsourcing or contracting to develop the app.  I don't think they will have a fix anytime soon. I am using Golf Pad app on Samsung watch and it works great. It hasn't crashed a single time and works great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, at least you can play 9 holes 🙂 I can't even get it to open. I click the icon and it starts and then exits. I have deleted and reloaded the app and both GPS apps are just worthless on Fitbit Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Game Golf released a new version for iOS yesterday (at least it was dated 8th January 2019) which was intended to fix the crash problem that started happening when the latest FitBit OS (3.0) was released.  Guess what?  It still crashes.  Every. Stinking. Time.  No improvement.  I will now resurrect my Microsoft Band from 2015 when going golfing.  Yes it too was/is very buggy, but at least the Golf/GPS app works.

FB Ionic is heading down the path of "great potential but very dissapointing".  Maybe they should test OS updates a little more before pushing them out to everyone.

Best Answer

They only changed the App Description. The latest update is still from 28 November 2018. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I installed the new update, still closes right back to the apps screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! Thanks again for taking the time to report the issues you are experiencing with this app.  

Just a heads up, a new version of the Game Golf app (v1.0.8) is now available in the Fitbit App Gallery which should help alleviate some of these issues. This version helps to resolve crashes when starting a round that has affected users after updating to OS 3.0.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend checking out this article to make sure your app is up to date. 

I understand that this update (v1.0.8) may have not resolved all of the issues reported on this thread but I want to assure you that your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate teams for investigation and I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available.

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated and tested starting 9 and 18 hole rounds. I was able to start without any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes