Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installedthe Game Golf app and updated to the second rev. When I select my course, it either does nothing, exits the app or resets my ionic. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @apricetx1@shastaman, and @Shakib! Thanks for sharing the outcome with us. We're glad to hear that your Game Golf app is working as expected after completing the update. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Robot wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

@Stiglitzwrote:

I've installedthe Game Golf app and updated to the second rev. When I select my course, it either does nothing, exits the app or resets my ionic. Any suggestions? 

I’ve just loaded this up to try it out for you and haven’t encountered any similar problems. The account sign up was fairly straight forward, though I took exception to them wanting to know my birthday but that’s another story. I then chose a course on my phone, synced it across to my Ionic and started a round. Everything seems to work, so I suggest maybe deleting and reinstalling or checking your login details.

62DC49F3-4A92-428B-B338-7FE235A68603.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just saw that the Game Golf app was finally added to the Apps Gallery! I'm hoping to get to use it in the next week or so, but am wondering what sort of experience everyone is having with it? I switched from the Garmin Vivoactive HR and loved my golf app, so I'm hoping this is going to be as useful if not better!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have loaded a golf app last week. GOS does not connect. How are others doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loaded the Game Golf app for my ionoic through my FitBit phone app and successfully downloaded the app to my watch and added my Game Golf account through the phone app. Everything worked great up to that, but now when I go into Game Golf settings though my phone FitBit app to try to select and add a course, it just spins for a moment and leaves me with a blank screen. Ended up uninstalling the Game Golf app and trying again and got the same result. Not very happy so far!

Best Answer

The settings page is blank on the mobile app on mine as well. I've uninstalled  it several times. It won't go to the screen to select a course. It does show this screen from the Fitbit app on my computer but I was never able to get it to sync from that one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the exact same thing. The settings worked fine once, but no longer 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unconventional but it did work.  I logged out of Fitbit and on logging back in it also has the settings available in Game Golf to log in to that account.  Soon as I logged back in to Fitbit it sync'd so I set up my local course and selected "send to tracker" and it went through immediately. BLUF, you have to log out/in of Fitbit for the settings to show up. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem... has anyone found a solve

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys @Stiglitz @pdxpinduck @Awatech62 @Schoen0000, hope you're doing great today! Smiley Very Happy Are you still having issues with Game Golf app? If so, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as my friend @SunsetRunner advised? 

As it has been suggested here, I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app and on log back in, it also has the settings available in Game Golf to log in to the account.  Log back in to Fitbit, go for a sync and setup the local course and select "send to tracker". When you add the courses stay on the settings screen open the app and keep track on your watch as it builds your courses. 

If you keep having issues with the Game Golf app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Then, from the Fitbit app, reinstall the Game Golf app and try transfering the golf courses.

If you are still having difficulties with this after following those suggestions, I'd like you to send me screen shots of the error message or blank screen you're getting so I can go from there. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

I'm super happy to hear that you were able to sort this out guys @DJR1088 @Notoriousgib. Thanks so much for sharing the workaround that has worked for you. Smiley Very Happy

I'll be around, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all the suggested solutions at the cost of many hours of uninstalling fitbit and the Game Golf app, reinstalling, reclogging in, reloading courses etc. It just DOESNT WORK.  I've spent too long on this now. If a new version of the app comes out that claim sto have resolved these issues I will give it one more shot, but that's it.

I'm a software developer myself. I don't understand how a relatively small app can be so late and at the same time be so non-functional. I'm happy to help debug minor glitches in a preliminary version of an app, but this thing is completely non-functional. It cannot have passed any QA process at either Game Golf or Fitbit. Game Golf should be embarrassed at producing such garbage. Fitbit should be embarrassed at having passed it as good enough quality to be loaded on their devices. This app not only taints the reputation of Game Golf but also Fitbit itself as a platform for apps.

I have now reverted to my Pebble Round with FreeCaddie as my golf GPS device. Unfortunately it means no fitbit data while I'm golfing.

Best Answer

After spending a couple of hours with Fitbit support...upgrading, reinstall and reinstall golf software, restore watch to default, GPS not working with imbedded and 3rd party app, had to physically connect Bluetooth to sync watch to phone. I have sadly returned my Ionic and am waiting for my replacement watch.....iWATCH3

Best Answer
Thank you for the reply.  I have tried logging off the fitbit app, deleting the Game Golf app, restarting my phone and so far I have not been successful.  I get to the setting, select my unit of measure, select a golf course, select update to Iconic but then I the screen locks.  After I back out and go into settings I get the attached blank screen.  I do the same steps and end with the same result.
I have attached the screen shot leading up to the app crashing.
ThanksSteve

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spent hours trying to install this and have followed all the suggestions. It does not work and I don't have the patience to keep trying, I should not have to, it should be easier than this

Best Answer

Thanks for checking in Maria. Here's what I spent the last three hours doing trying to get the Game Golf app to work. To say I'm frustrated is a serious understatement.

1. Log out of Fitbit both on my phone (app) and computer and restart my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7).

2. Log out of Game Golf on my computer

3. Log back into Fitbit app

4. Go to Apps, Game Golf Settings, and then searched for and selected my home course.

5. Clicked Send to Tracker -- it then told me it was sending, and that it could take up to 5 minutes. After 10 minutes passed with no change, I backed out of the Apps and synced my watch (Fitbit Ionic). Then opened the Game Golf app on my watch and it said "Add golf courses" -- none on the app. Then went back into the Fitbit phone app and clicked on the Settings for Game Golf, which then game my a brief counterclockwise blue spinning circle and went to a black white screen - nothing on it. Same problem I had before.

6. Closed the Fitbit app and reopened it. Go to the Apps section and click on Settings for Game Golf and get just the same brief spinning circle and then blank white screen. Nothing comes up.

7. Closed the Fitbit app again and reopened it. Go to the Apps section and click on the Game Golf app and select Uninstall. 

8. Log Out on my Fitbit app and then uninstall from my phone.

9. Restart phone.

10. Reinstall Fitbit app on my phone and log in.

11. Open Fitbit app and sync my watch.

12. Open Apps, All Apps and install Game Golf and sign in.

13. Exit Apps section and re-sync my Fitbit, confirming that Game Golf is now on my watch - when I open the app, it says "Log In - go to your Game Golf App Settings in the Fitbit App to log into your account."

14. Open Apps and go into Game Golf settings -- get the brief spinning circle and then just a blank white page. Exit Apps, go back in, etc. and always get the same blank white page.

15. Uninstall Game Golf again. Sync Fitbit to ensure removed from device. Reinstall Game Golf and repeat #10-14 above with same result -- blank white page.

16 Try a third time. Uninstall Game Golf, sync Fitbit to ensure removed and then reinstall Game Golf and sync Fitbit. This time, after syncing, I open the Game Golf app on my watch and it gives me the "Log in" instructions (see above). I then open the Game Golf settings on my phone app and get the blank white screen of death. I open my Starbucks settings and Strava settings -- they all take me to the app settings. Try Game Golf again -- blank screen of death. I'm now starting to get very agitated and how much time is being sucked out of my day. At this point, I could have golfed nine holes.

17. Try a fourth time (because I enjoy beating my head against a wall). Uninstall Game Golf, sync watch, install Game Golf, go into settings and log in to my account. This time I also set the Unit to "Yards", added my course (Eastmoreland Golf Course) and then opened the Game Golf app (whcih goes to the "Log In" screen. I then clicked Send to tracker (ignoring the instruction below that says "Before sending to tracker... Sync your watch and open the Ionic app". The app says the golf courses are being sent and it may take up to five minutes. My watch went dark - I touched it to activate the screen and now it said "Add golf courses." Let the app in the settings screen, even though there is no progress indicator on the app or on my watch that shows the course being transferred. After 30 minutes, there was no change in the App screen - still said the courses are being transferred, and my watch still said "Add golf courses." I exited the watch app and reopened it -- still said "Add golf courses." Backed out of the phone app screen and synced my watch. Exited my watch Game Golf app and went back into it - still says "Add golf courses". Try to go into settings for Game Golf on the phone app and get the blank white screen of death.

At this point, I’ve spent three hours and am now ready to return my watch and go back to my Garmin Vivoactive HR. I'd really appreciate some help here...

Best Answer
I finally got my Game Golf app working.  It still crashes on my Galaxy S8.... but when I set it up from my iPad it worked great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Having similar issues- but crashes when I'm trying to use a course that has more than 18holes. All that do have 18 holes work ok for me but as it happens my local course is 36.

game golf support has told me this is a known issue and they have asked Fitbit to sort it but no luck yet even with the update 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My local course is only 18 holes. I noticed that it also appears that the FitBit app loses the WiFi connection during the process, or at least tells me that it does. No problems with the connection -- phone never loses it, but something glitches with the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stiglitz, I'm seeing EXACTLY what you're seeing. I have three courses loaded but the third one Apple Greens Golf Course does exactly what your report. When chosen and I choose "start" it crashes and sends me back to the activities menu. The other two courses I have work with no problems.

Best Answer

I have used the app about 5 or 6 times now and I have had several issues with it. About 50% of the time it backs out after every hole and I have to start the app on my watch again and resume play. This gets to be very annoying. I also have about 50% of the time issues loading courses. It always says open ionic app and sync watch before sending to tracker. Well, you have to be in the app to do this and I have tried sync'ing before and after and many times the course never loads or shows on my phone app but not on my watch. It gets to be very frustrating and they obviously have some bug issues. I try to load the course a day in advance now in hopes it will be ready by the next day. When it is working, it seems to be alright but the frustrations 50% of the uses is getting old.

Best Answer